Dr. M. Dwight Chen

Grad. Year: 1987

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 01/05/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 5 reviews. Dr. M. Dwight Chen has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Oncologist / Hematologist-related: cancer, lymphoma, anemia, sickle cell, breast cancer, lung cancer, melanoma, leukemia, blood disease, tumors, radiation, chemotherapy, CML
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.5
RID: 2865335
21/09/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Dwight Chen is excellent and came highly recommended by my primary doctor. Dr. Chen has an excellent bedside manner and exudes confidence and knowledge.
Insurance: CIGNA
Respond

12/06/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Ming-Teh Dwight" to "M. Dwight"
RID: 1690469
18/01/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Chen operate on me and performed a radical hysterectomy to remove my cervical cancer back in 2010. He did a phenomenal job and all of my scars are completely gone. I had stints placed in me and they were removed a week later with no problems. I have had clear paps ever since. He is excellent at what he does and the best in his field. He is a blessing.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1549869
29/09/11 5 4 5 5 My sister was treated by Dr. Chen for ovarian cancer in 2010. He knew what he was doing and dared to think outside the box. He had this positive aura with him that inpired hope in the patients. I attribute my sister's recovery to his excellent surgical skills and non-traditional treatment method.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1123905
09/03/10 5 4 5 5 Dr. Chen treated me for endometrial cancer on 12/11/2009 by performing a total hysterectomy using the da vinci robotic surgery system. Dr. Chen is an excellent doctor who takes time to listen, explain procedures and PATIENTLY answered all my questions and concerns. He also has an excellent bed-side manner. I am amazed at how well I felt after the surgery and was even home the next day. I would highly recommend Dr. Chen. He is AWESOME!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 817239

06/03/09 4 4 3 3 Dr Chen operated on me for endrometrial cancer on 12/12/07. He removed my left kidney due to bad surgical technics. He left a stent in my right uritor which required major surgery to remove. My right uritor had to be cut and the stent removed which caused me have to wear a JP drain and Foley catheter for 3 months. I had to go to USCSF and have a Dr. treat my kidney problems. I have had medical problems ever since the operation for the endrometrial cancer. I am still having problems with urniary track infections. I would not recomend this Dr. for any major surgery. I think he is a cut and run Dr.
Insurance: Medicare