Rate Dr. Christopher K. Payne

Dr. Christopher K. Payne's Ratings

DR Payne is a wonderful urologist. I have been his patient for 20 years and he has always provided excellent care. He is very compassionate and has an excellent bedside manner. I would highly recommend him and he effectively treats Interstitial Cystitis patients that most other doctors have given up on.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2421804].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

Seeing Christopher K. Payne was the worst medical visit that I have ever experienced. He was extremely rude and unprofessional. He was angry and he rushed the examination to the point that I was in terrible pain. He brought in a female in the room and a fellow who was a medical student. The exam was horrific and Dr.(term used loosely) Payne was well aware that he was being rough and hurting me. The young lady and the medical student were aware of Payne's behavior as they kept looking at each other with incredulity. He was very rough and after the exam I was barely able to walk to my car. I had to stop in the bathroom because I felt like I was going to faint. When I was able to collect myself, I slowly walked to my car and I called home to speak with my Mom. I was crying and in a state of disbelief. At a later date during my visit with my regular OBGYN I told her of the incident. She said he should be reported to the medical board. Should be called Dr. Pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][762302].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2013

Dr. Payne is 1 Dr. I will never go back to see. He did my bladder surgery in 2004 & had the intern do his job upon my recovering after surgery.My husband had to go to his office at Stanford & tell him I was in pain & needed more medication.He would not take any phone calls from my husband. The intern Dr. at the Stanford Hospital would not listen to myself or my husband. I then found out he was in a rush to leave that weekend with his wife to go out of town.He is rude & has no bedside manner at all.He gives Stanford a bad name.This is my opinion only .I have been going to Stanford for over 15 years .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][762301].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2011

Dr. Christopher Payne treated me as though I was not a human being. He spoke down to me, chastised me, and spoke badly of me to his student right in front of me. He told me that my bladder condition was my fault and that I was too sensitive. He did not warn me that a student would be participating in conducting my pelvic exam along with him, which was terribly embarrassing for me. Christopher Payne is awful from my point of view. In terms of bedside manner, it's the worst I've ever seen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][762300].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2009

Dr. Payne offered me answers and effective treatments that no doctors in my home town even knew about. He really listens to his patients and has a great bedside manner which seems to be getting rarer and rarer. He is also a very knowledgeable physician. He is a very good doctor and I would recommend him to anyone in need of a urologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][762299].votes_count ]]