Rate Dr. Steven H. Fehrenkamp

Dr. Steven H. Fehrenkamp's Ratings

Oh my, all these people griping about DrFehrenkamp's office-- I have gone to him for years, always received the best of care, if I don't see him , I see Amy- his pa Brilliant gal. The staff is always nice- and of course- you can't come to him the first time without blood panels , and then gripe when he makes you go get them He is not a mind reader, and needs this information to see what is going on in your body. I was very ill months ago, but he caught it and with his help and my other Dr-- they saved my life. I will never leave Dr Fehrenkamp--if you want a flashy waiting room , your priorities are in the wrong place. This is a good Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2462839].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2014

Very knowledgeable and caring. Spends a great deal of time with each patient so he can get behind schedule. I am willing to tolerate this rather than be shuffled through the appointment so that he can stay on schedule. Takes time to listen to your questions and thoroughly answer them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2462837].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

With the beginning of the year, deductible at ZERO (like everyone) and next thing i know ive been discharged due to 'non compliance'. Non compliance? Rude staff, they dont care about what obstacles in making payment to them possible. He needs to retire. Hippocratic Oath? clearly nobody there has heard of that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2048334].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

Great Doctor. Never a problem with staff. Building not the newest, he has a great number of patients, don't miss an appointment, it will be 2 to 3 months to reschedule. If you have diabetes, this is the person you want to have help you. His nurses are great.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2048333].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2013

Be prepared to cram your mid-size car into a tiny parking space (if one is available), wait at least one to two hours in an overcrowded, run down office, and be seen by a different dr. each time you have an appointment. Staff is rude and the office manager is his wife! Good luck with any complaints.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2048332].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2013

this is the worst Dr. if one gets to visit with him. It is usually a rude PA. His wife works there and controls everything. No one in the front office has a clue and they always have to ask Lisa F. wife before they can do anything. They are closed on Thurs afternoon at 2pm but Lisa F. has to go to lunch and she will return at 1pm. Worst Dr. and office in Austin, TX.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2048331].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2013

Wow I'm really surprised at the negative reviews. I'm personally a fan! Sure the office is ugly compared to most but this is the first endo I've had that isn't in a rush and gives good advice. I've always seen him whereas at my previous endo I always saw a pa. I've been six times now and never waited over thirty min. He's quirky sure, Nita great dr and I'd totally recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2048330].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2012

Dr Fehrenkamp is the most knowledgable endocrinologist I have had. After not seeing an Endo. for years, and going to an intern instead, he saved my life. I fully trust him. I have been type 1 for 40 years, which can be difficult to control. He knows how to care for all diabetics, no matter how long they have had diabetes. A double thumbs up for Dr. F!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2048329].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

A really bad office staff with the exception of the PA. Head nurse is very rude and even surly! Doctor seems to be knowledgeable but never offers any positive feedback to patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2048328].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2010

Excellent doctor, knows his stuff, wait is long but worth it, I travel from up north down south just to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2048327].votes_count ]]