Rate Dr. Caren L. Weisz

Dr. Caren L. Weisz's Ratings

Dr. Weisz has been a godsend to our family over the years. She's shown expertise that ranges from dealing with children's eyes and near-sightedness to dealing with cataracts, glaucoma, and pink-eye. We could not ask for better care and knowledge on the part of Dr. Weisz and her staff.

Submitted July 17, 2013 | flag

Dr Weisz has been open for almost 30 years and we have been seeing her since 1983. Alot of the office staff has changed but everyone is so helpful. In the past the appointments did run behind but that has changed and they really have worked hard to get us in and out. Our insurance has changed several times over the years and she has always taken our plan. We love going there and will continue to do so, I love that they recognize me right away when I come in.

Submitted May 24, 2013 | flag

Some staff is great, very friendly & knowledgeable! Newer staff not so much. Scared small child with "If you cannot keep your eyes open, the Dr will have to stick something in your eye." EXTREMELY unprofessional. Child cried hysterically, fell to the floor curled up in a ball in fear. Appointment times are running behind,even if you are early or on time. It would be a nice touch for a quick, you are running late call if more than 10 min late for an appointment. Then maybe they can get the appt times back on track.Reminder calls, not made with most recent visit, was told I was more than an hour late. I would NEVER make an appointment for children during school hours. I always make them for AFTER school. I was always willing to wait. Dr Weisz, Dr Carver and Dr Slovik are AMAZING DOCTORS, VERY FRIENDLY, VERY PROFESSIONAL, AMAZING with small children! If they can RE-TRAIN STAFF on how to be professional I may return. I have been going there for 15 years. Sad to have to find new doctors.

Submitted Oct. 16, 2012 | flag

Fantastic doctor! Wonderful staff! Professional, trustworthy and gentle. Nowhere better!

Submitted Nov. 23, 2011 | flag

They take forever to see you, they have no concern for anybodys time but theirs. Any other bussines would not be open bring one to two hours late for an appt. Horriable customer service. Would not reccomend this office unless they revamp their office help and the way they do bussines.

Submitted Sept. 12, 2011 | flag

Dr. Weisz offers a huge range of services and is exceptionally knowledgeable. She specializes in kids with learning disabilities which is very hard to find in this area. My family has been seeing her for almost 20 years, since my kids had vision therapy there. She has extended hours so I don't have to take a day off work to see her. She sometimes runs late, but that is because she is so busy and that's because she is good at what she does and offers services no one else does. I highly recommend Dr. Weisz and her staff.

Submitted Feb. 17, 2011 | flag

The fact that they take Public Aid Medical Card alone is a God-Send to many people. They are never on time because the office is always super packed. Plan on being there for 2hrs (exam is only 15 min) but it is worth the wait considering it is almost impossible the find an eye doctor accepting public aid. I assured by 2 staff members if I brought some old frames I had from Walmart in they would be able to change the lenses w/o paying extra. When I went to check out, I was told I couldn't use my frames unless I paid extra so I had to go with their frames. They do have a nice selection for PA insurance carriers but I really liked my old frames. If I had better insurance I definitely would not come here. Beggars can't be choosers and it's well worth it for Public Aid patients like myself!!!!

Submitted Feb. 10, 2011 | flag

the doctor overcharges on mailing frames to patient that have been going there for 14 years. the hell with the patient, i have the money thats all they need/want!!

Submitted May 5, 2010 | flag