Dr. J Liddle

Rate Dr. J Liddle

Dr. J Liddle's Ratings

She's been my 3 kids' pediatrician for the past 6 years. She and her office staff are wonderful and I can almost always get an appointment the sameday for an emergency. She's adamant about the neccesity of immunizations (understandable given her background working with refugees) but was willing to allow me to space them out. She's very caring, and has also called me at home to followup after an illness or called in the evening with test results.

Submitted Aug. 6, 2012 | flag

We have been taking our children to Dr. Liddle for 11 years. I think she's great. She has always been thorough and knowledgeable and followed up on our child's symptoms via telephone. She strongly encourages ALL vaccinations but is mostly respectful if you decline (we declined chicken pox). The visits can feel rushed but she does answer your questions if you ask them and doesn't make you feel like you are taking up too much time. She has been respectful of my son as he approaches puberty and this is huge for him and has eased some of his embarrassment and discomfort. I wish it was easier to get same day appointments. I just end up taking my kids to the clinic for sore throats, astham complications because there is never space when I call (after 11 years) but my friend has 2 kids and she gets in every single time and has never had to visit the clinic (in 8 years as patient). Maybe it's just me. LOL However, I really like and trust her and think she is a fantastic pediatrician

Submitted June 28, 2012 | flag

Nice woman but I find her very anxious, seems rushed and misses some key check up requirements. From personal experience and that of several other patients is that Dr Liddle sends her patients to CHEO far to often to wait for many hours for something she should feel comfortable diagnosing. She sends everyone to cardiology for heart "murmurs" which cardiology most often does not find. I am not confident in her diagnostic skills. Love her nurse!

Submitted Aug. 6, 2011 | flag

I love Dr Liddle. She is amazing with my kids and so is her staff. She provides excellent advice over the phone so I don't have to go in.

Submitted May 24, 2011 | flag

Fantastic pediatrician who really cares about her patients! She is the first doctor I've ever had in Ontario that makes follow-up phone calls to ensure my infant is doing better after visits. I couldn't be happier with her knowledge and her care!

Submitted Jan. 13, 2008 | flag

We love Dr Liddle and she has been great with both of our kids. She is extremely pro-active and knowledgeable about current practices. The only complaint is I usually wait extended periods for our appointments and can rarely get a same day appointment for a "crisis" and am refered regularily to the afterhours clinic. Having said that, I wouldn't trade her for the world. We also love her nurse - a gem as well!

Submitted Dec. 28, 2007 | flag

Dr. Liddle has been our child's doctor for about a year. She has been very helpful and always listens to my many concerns! She has even called me at home to check on my child or offer test results. Her nurse is amazing and very friendly too.

Submitted Dec. 3, 2007 | flag

We have 3 kids and all are patients of Dr Liddle. She has a great demeanor and interacts well with the children and she's very knowledgeable and helpful. I would recommend her to anyone.

Submitted Sept. 21, 2007 | flag

Excellent pediatrician. We have been with her since she joined Dr. Harries practice. She is very good at diagnotics. If one of our kids is sick, the receptionist will always find a way to work us in for an emergency visit. If you get the chance to have her as your pediatrician, jump at it. Any pediatrician is hard to find in Ottawa but this is one of the best.

Submitted Sept. 6, 2007 | flag

We saw the Dr. a few times for help with not sleeping through the night. Her suggestion - to let the child "cry it out" was not helpful, nor did it produce any results. She did not seem to be listening to our concerns, but kept repeating that this was the only way.In addition, despite us having only one concern, she insisted that she must perform a complete physical because it was "the right time" and spent more time prodding my child than answering our questions. An unpleasant experience. At the time we lived over an hour's drive from Ottawa, and could not come in very often. I recently called to make an appointment again, because we have moved. They did, however, deny me an appointment. Not coming in for a while apparently equates with being a new patient, and they don't take new patients. Simply appalling. The nurse refused all of my attempts to speak to the doctor, and was polite but uncaring. She insisted tha there is no one to complain to and their conduct is not regulated.

Submitted Aug. 22, 2007 | flag