Rate Dr. Steven Harter

Dr. Steven Harter's Ratings

Dr. Harter delivered my daughter in October 2014 as a successful VBAC. I had my first baby June 2013 as an emergency C-section after a failed induction. I was hopeful for a vbac but was concerned as my previous ob-gyn had stressed that I need to wait at least 1 year before getting pregnant again and this surprised us at only 8 months. I was referred to Dr. Harter by another Dr. at his office seeing as I wanted to try for VBAC. Dr. Harter is a wonderful Dr. and the best ob I've seen. He always took the time to answer any questions I had and was very positive about vbac and the whole pregnancy. My past ob seemed to concentrate more on negatives and scare tactics that ended up with me pushed into an unsuccessful induction and a c-section. I went to 41 weeks with my october baby and Dr. Harter recommended using a foley bulb as a form of induction, after that was placed I went into labor about 36 hours later. Dr. Harter a great during the delivery, my daughter was faced posterior and he was able to turn her and help me deliver my 9lb 10oz baby via VBAC. Dr. Harter was a great dr, always positive, supportive, and knowledable. I recommend him to anyone especially if you want to try for a vbac.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2650111].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Harter by my OBGYN who delivered my 1st child by C-section in 2009. When I became pregnant with my daughter in 2010, I told my doctor that I wanted to have a VBAC; hence the referral. I saw Dr. Harter and he answered all of my questions and reassured me that I would be a good candidate for a VBAC. My Dtr's umbilical cord did not attach to the placenta, which could have caused complications with delivery, but Dr. Harter continued to reassure me that I could attempt a VBAC. I went into labor naturally and while pushing my dtr's heart rate began to drop (d/t cord attachment). Dr. Harter remained calm and reassuring throughout labor and assisted me with delivering and having a successful VBAC. I now have a very healthy and active 2.5 YO. I have been to 3 other OBGYNs and Dr. Harter is by far the BEST! His wait times are very long, but he is a great doctor who listens to his patients and provides excellent care. I would strongly recommend him to anyone wanting a VBAC.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2050048].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 12, 2013

I went into Mt. View two days in a row where I had per registered. My doctor was Dr. Spoon. He was on vacation that week so his partner was called both times and both times misdiagnosed me. On the third day I went to Cenntienal Hills and after the nurses took my vitals and listened to my syptoms they called the on call doctor, Dr. Harter. He listened to me. He did an emergency c-section and with a surgeons help removed my appendix. He took the time to listen and he saved my life and my baby's. I have now been to his office and love it. You are able to see where the doctors are in regards to if they are running on time or late. It's very nice for the working moms out there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2050047].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2013

Dr Harter is hands down THE best OB in Las Vegas. He is patient, kind, knowledgeable and caring. He won't force you into an unnecessary csection, but if you do end up with one, he uses a newer technique that really cuts recovery time. He is one of the only doctors in Vegas that will allow you to VBAC. Love him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2050046].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2012

Dr. Harter is absolutely amazing. He delivered our beautiful, healthy baby boy named Lance Gary. Him and his staff were an absolute pleasure to work with. They were like a family and treated us with the utmost care and sweetness. He has a knack for dealing with people. He devotes as much time as you need to answer questions and he's very thorough. He's the best doctor in Las Vegas. xo- thanks Dr. Harter and Staff~~ we are forever grateful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2050045].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012

hands down Dr.Harter is the best Doctor!!! He Takes time to answer all my Questions, Truely cares about me and my well being.... DR. Harter ROCKS!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2050044].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2012

I absolutely love Dr. Harter. He constantly makes me feel like no question is a dumb questions and is very thorough in his answers. I agree with some post about his staff, but honestly blame Womens Specialty Care for the lack of professionalism there, not his office. I visit him at the Summerlin Location and typically wait 45 minutes to almost 2 hours. I have brought this up to many of his staff (at Summerlin and Centennial) and have received the same response "he refuses to miss deliveries so they come first". This response alone makes me okay with the wait time - I know that when I deliver my baby in 2 to 4 weeks, that he isn't going to be rushing off to an office apt missing my childs birth. We are planning an All natural birth with Dr. Harter, and from the research I have done - there isn't a better OB to have in this city when it comes to someone having faith in your body as a women, as opposed to listening to a textbook from college.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2050043].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2012

Great Doctor! Front desk staff was ok nurses were great but the office manager and supervisor were EXTREMELY rude and unprofessional! The wait is pretty long but Dr harter is an amazing doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2050042].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2012

I absolutely love and recommend Dr. Harter. What a wonderful Dr.! Not only is he personable, he is very informative and knowledgeable. He listens, and doesn't make you feel rushed during appointments. I highly recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2050041].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2012

Dr. Harter helped me have a successful VBAC with my second child. He was dedicated to me and his other patients. The office wait times were long but it was always for a delivery. He was competent and compassionate. I would highly recommend him to my friends and family, especially those who are interested in having a VBAC delivery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2050040].votes_count ]]