Rate Dr. Ronald B. Low

Dr. Ronald B. Low's Ratings

About 5 years ago, my nose was completly broken in half, basically on the other side of my face and Dr. Low saw me the following day from the incident and booked me for surgery the next day. After it healed and swelling went down my nose looked exactly the same as it did before. Everytime I tell people my nose was broken, they respond that they would have never guessed because I do not have any bumps or scars. My nose is perfect all thanks to Dr. Low and his recommendations.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2521481].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2014

Dr. Low was the 3rd dr. to tell me of my sons severely deviated septum. He wanted $3000 upfront for what insurance. wouldn't cover.When I filed claim to my insurance he told them the surgery was elective. They would have covered the septoplasty but only $1200.He makes $1800; insurance co. saves $1200; and I'm out $3000! Worst of all, my son still has breathing trouble 2 yrs. later. Dishonest,Deceitful,Incompetent. If he asks for money upfront,TELL YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2462933].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

dr lowe is a terrible surgeon and dr. I even had other ent dr tell me that they have to go into the surgery to fix whatever he is doing. please do not use him. I went for sinus surgery. He punctured a hole in my skull and I ended up with a cerebral spinal fluid leak. I kept going back to him and he was terrible and didn't care. finally i should him the puddle on the floor coming out of my nose. he panicked and he had to get someone else to give me surgery to fix the leak. I also contracted bacterial meningitis from the leak. I don't understand why he is allowed to practice medicine!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2462932].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2014

I think the most I heard coming out of his mouth was not more than 5 words! Long wait (30+ min) to be seen, less than 1 min when he finally did see me, then I had to wait another 15 min to get my hearing tested. He came in, glanced at the sheet in less than a second, said "normal" and walked out! No explanation, nothing! Absolutely unapproachable and unwelcoming! I'm going to be sure my referring primary physician knows to take him off his list!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2050283].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2013

I went to Dr. Lowe because I had sleep apnea and I had difficulty breathing. He supposedly performed surgery due to a deviated septum. Less than two years later, my nose appears to have collapsed on one side and I am still having difficulty breathing. Also,my nose isn't straight. I would not recommend that anyone use Dr. Lowe for this type of surgery. He is not a surgeon and is not board certified.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2050282].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2013

I had an incident with my nose. I went to see Dr. Low and he payed no mind to it even though I have been in pain for 2 weeks. He even wrote fractured nose on my diagnose but kept telling me that it was fine. I asked him why I never got X-rays done to rule out fractures. He yelled at me and told me not to question his authority! I told him I was simply asking a question. He continued yelling at me and told me to go somewhere else if I don't like his tone or opinion! If you like doctors yelling and disrespecting you simply because you ask a question, Dr. Low is the doctor for you. I never knew it was a crime to ask doctors questions regarding your health.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2050284].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2013

Very rushed exam. I found him a bit condecending. My elderly mom was the patient. I was in the room with the through the complete visit. He rushed through the wax removal and when she asked him if all that came out of her ears he replied.."well..it didnt come out of mine"...not jokingly..to me it was a bit sarcastic. The hearing test lasted MAYBE 3 minutes. After waiting for him to review the test, he popped his head in the room and said to her..."it's your age..you need a hearing aid". Never saw him again. I didnt get to see him without his mask and what looked like a surgical cap and wouldn't recognize him if I passed him on the street. I'm disappointed because he was VERY highly recommended. Maybe he was having a bad day. And that's probably what caused this experience. I dont like to make snap judgements but I really had to give this review.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2050281].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2011

I had rhinoplasty done by Dr. Low and it is horrible. I wanted the bump cut off and he moved my whole nose and now one side is collapsing. Do not go to him for rhinoplasty, he is not board certified!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2050280].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2011

When I was 14 I had my deviated septum fixed. During that procedure he took the "bump" out of my nose but he did not touch the front ball of my nose, which made it unproportioned. I went back Nov 08 due to having a deviated septum again. He said he would fix my nose, along with making the front ball smaller. I called him multiple times to make sure he would fix it. I was beyond excited. The second that I woke up from the surgery I asked the nurse if he fixed the ball, she responded with "I don't see why he wouldn't!" I couldn't wait to be able to walk to the bathroom. I took the wrap off right there and dropped to my knees crying to see he had not fixed what I was looking forward to. The nurse said it looked the same also. He told me to come back when the swelling was down. I did and there was no change AT ALL. He also mocked me for questioning his work. Now I am PRAYING to break my nose again so he can fix what he should've done when I was 14 from the start. Thanks a lot, Dr. Low.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2050279].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2009

Dr. Low did 3 rhinoplasties on my nose. My nose was still not corrected, by that point pieces of my nose were hanging out. People kept thinking I had a booger hanging out. I had to go to another physican to have it fixed again. This time I had to have an opened rhinoplasty done to correct it. He also did a rhinoplasty on my cousin. She too had to have it redone by another doctor and she had to have a fake bridge put in to correct hers.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2050278].votes_count ]]