Rate Dr. Frank A. Spellman

Dr. Frank A. Spellman's Ratings

Submitted Oct. 14, 2010 | flag

Both my wife and I see Dr. Spellman for serious retina issues. We have found him to be patient, caring, conscientious, knowledgeable, thorough and generally wonderful. He is WAY backed up, but the reason is that his patients are mostly those with serious problems and he takes the time each one needs. That does take time, but the wait is well worth it.

Submitted March 31, 2008 | flag

Dr. Spellman's a good guy, and seems to really know what he is doing. The one knock, as another reviewer said, is that he is DREADFULLY behind schedule. I saw him probably 6 or 7 times over the course of 2 years, and if my appointment was at 10AM, I would never see him before 11, and often times much longer. If you go in knowing you'll have to wait a couple of hours, you'll be fine.

Submitted Nov. 27, 2007 | flag

Dr. SPellman is a patient, caring and conscientious doctor, who specializes in people with serious retina problems. He will spend as long as necessary to properly diagnose and discuss your problems with you. As the problems he often sees are not run-of-the-mill, this patient by patient caring sometimes means the he is behind schedule, but this is a small price to pay for the satisfaction that you are in the care of someone who is not only expert in what he is doing, but cares deeply that you fully understand what he has found. I would highly recommend him (and, indeed, I have done so, to my wife, who is now also one of his patients).

Submitted Dec. 4, 2005 | flag