Rate Dr. Arvind Ahuja

Dr. Arvind Ahuja's Ratings

I was diagnosed with a brain tumor. I was so scared and basically felt this was the beginning of the end. When I went to see him he looked me in the eye, and said " we are going to fix this". He saved my life. Dr. Aduja brought in Dr. Steven Millen since the tumor was close to my ear and damage to my hearing was highly probable. Together they performed the surgery, each were experts in their own fields, and that was in 2010. I have since recovered, I have slight numbness on one side of my face which is nothing compared to what could have been. I am on no medication. No pain and life is good. Right after the surgery I had some double vision. I did not sit around I kept working my eyes, I am a bookkeeper by trade, so my husband drove me to work. I could tilt my head and get in a certain position, clear enough to see. I kept doing that, and double vision is gone, and no surgery. He saved my life, it is that simple.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2650774].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

I have been a paitent of Dr. Ahuja since 2009. He has performed several brain surgeries on me. When a treatment that we did, it was not what I had hoped for, he did not have a big head and make me keep the shunt that was not working for me and took it out. Many other Drs. would not do this, they would feel this is the ony way to make you better and you are just going to deal with it. He is now out of network for me but I contiune to see him becuase I do not trust anyone to help me, and care about the outcome like he does. Yes I agree the wait times suck, but I have an eye Dr. that I see and the wait time for her is about the same as with him (sometimes longer for her). He has a lot of PA's and most of them are the ones that you make sure you give all your information too becuase they will be the ones that you talk to for most of your appointment but they are all very trust worthly as well and they do go over everything with the Dr. I have not had surgery in several years with him annd he contiunes to be my treating Dr. for my rare DX. He is a great Dr. that knows what he is doing and cares about the paitent I would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2644114].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2014

Gave me another chance at life! I had 2 other Neuros tell me there was nothing that could be done to recitify my pain, Dr. Ahuja found a way to do it!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2050390].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

My grandmother went to Dr. Ahuja had two kajor surgeries done one brain surgery and a back surgery. The back surgery was a failed one and now my grandmother suffersx from severe nerve pain, cant feel her feet or legs. This doctor is a joke. My grandma has to live with this pain now forever and thees nothing anuone can do about it. Dr. Ahuja should never be recommended to anyone. He ruined my grandmas life and mine forever.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2050393].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2011

Appt. never on time & long, plan avg. 3hrs. Spend about 10 mins. with PA, wait another 30 min. see Dr. about 2 mins. Neck cervical fusion & Disc replaced. Helped, but still receive pain 4months after surgery with only remedy so far is anti inflamatory drugs, ointment, pain pills. Rude staff when asking what the future plan of treatment is. I'm still out of work due to narcotics taken to relieve pain. Currently seeking another DR.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2050389].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 7, 2011

Left Frontal Craniotomy for meningioma which left me with permanent severe nerve damage in the left side of my head and face. I understand that all surgery has risks, I signed a release form beforehand. What irks and upsets me is that this doctor and his staff jerked me around for 6 months after my surgery, pretending like they had no idea what was wrong with me. He even sent me to a neurologist to get confirmation that even more surgery was the answer to fixing my problems, and thankfully the neurologist is the one who told me that it was nerve damage, and no further surgery would help. When Ahuja couldn't justify more surgery, then they didn't need to see me anymore. Of course they still didn't acknowledge the damage they had already done. Too worried about a lawsuit I guess.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2050392].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2011

First visit dr. spent about 4-5 mins. spent more time with nurse, second visit wait time i hour 45 mins. dr. never came in room, in the hallway, stated you should have the neck surgery, nurse wanted to shedule with-in 3weeks time. never went back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2050388].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2011

Dr. Ahuja is a wonderful neurosurgeon, the only one I trust to monitor my condition. After finding a brain tumor, he had performed a Lt craniotomy the very next day. He educated me prior to surgery, so I knew what to expect post op. I've follow up with him since. In the future when I will need another dissection of my lt frontal lobe of my brain, he will be the only one that I trust to perform such a complicated surgery.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2050387].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

Great diagnostically, amazing staff and very caring. This doctor did what many others could not... Diagnose and fix the herniated discs in my neck. I cannot say enough good things about this doctor and his staff.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2050386].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011

I had a 7:30AM appt. After a very exyensive interview with his nurse the Doctor finally saw me at 9:15 AM for approx. 45 seconds. He agreed with his nurse's recommendations and so did I. He was a nice rather jovial person but way too over-worked. His nurse is very capable, knowledgable and probably should be a PA. As I had to rise at 5AM and drive from Oconomowoc for a 7:30 appt. I thought I should have seen the doctor sooner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2050385].votes_count ]]