Dr. Barry E. Shibuya

Grad. Year: 1996

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 4 reviews. Dr. Barry E. Shibuya has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Rheumatologist-related: rheumatic diseases, musculoskeletal problems, scleroderma, musculoskeletal pain, arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, polymyositis, Raynaud's phenomenon, vasculitis, connective tissue diseases, rheumatic fever
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

22/03/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 2.9

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Barry" to "Barry E."

03/07/09 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 794780
19/02/09 3 4 2 3 Dr. Shibuya doesn't like for patients to ask many questions. Gets very snippy when you question anything he says. Does not explain things clearly. He says things in a round about way, never seeming to commit to an idea. I came to him with a diagnosis from one doctor. He dismissed that diagnosis and said that I had something else. When the drugs he gave me didn't help he then said I had something else instead preceeding to give me some other medication that can cause cancer. What a quack!
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 724098
17/11/08 5 5 5 5 Best use of my $ Dr Shibuya was very professional, puntual and offered me lots of helpful information. Great Doc. I have sent all of my friends and family members to see him.
Paid (or co-pay): $300
RID: 723732
16/11/08 4 5 5 5 Dr Shibuya spent a lot of time reviewing my old lab test, xrays and MRIS which was very helpful even though my pcp didnt send the reports. I have referred all of my family & friends to Dr Shibuya.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 702172
15/10/08 3 2 1 3 Arrogant, rushed; Dismissed most of my questions. Had a very bad attitude.
Insurance: Anthem