Dr. Virgil A. Balint

Foreign Lang: French

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 9 reviews. Dr. Virgil A. Balint has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: is he a physiatrist?    Email me    Answer it

Pain Mgmt / Physical Rehab-related: pain relief, physical rehabilitation, stroke recovery, accident recovery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5553791
10/06/14 4 4 3 3 Dr. Balint has the worst bedside manners of any physician that I have ever met. He is only interested in recommending you expensive surgeries, like the epidural injections that can cause corrosion to your bones and the insurance may not pay for it after your claims have been approved by his office. Nonetheless, after telling Dr. Balint during my third visit that I was not interested in anymore injections, he stormed out of the treatment room and did not say a word to me. I wouldn't support him because he is evil and only interested in money and not your health. Take your business to a person that actually cares and will discuss all of the side effects with you.
Paid (or co-pay): $18000
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Virgil" to "Virgil A."
RID: 2718938
25/07/13 3 4 1 3 Dr. Balint's is rude and only concerned about making money. The epidural injections are extremely painful, especially the day after. He doesn't talk about the adverse effects or side effects of this procedure. After, I refused to have a second steroid injection in my neck, he blatantly walked out the door without even saying a word. He is not concerned about his patients, he only after your money. His bedside manners are horrible!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2650997
17/05/13 4 4 4 4 I was skeptical about Dr. Balint after reading some reviews about him. But I left his office with confidence in him. Dr. Balint was a great listener and very attentive and responsive to my numourous questions. He seemed knowledgable and I'm also impressed with the kindness and attention of his PA Dr. Jennifer at the Herndon office.
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 2576973

05/03/13 3 3 1 1 I saw Dr. Balint for pain in my neck. He reviewed an x-ray, barely touched the area of pain, and decided I needed a procedure involving a steroid injection. That didn't work, so he had me get an MRI. The MRI was pretty normal for my age, but he thought I should have a steroid epidural. That didn't work either. I went to another doctor only to find out I had TMJ and jaw alignment issues. Balint didn't pick it up because he is only there to do procedures and is a terrible diagnostician. Horrible experience. After both procedures, all they did was shuffle me out to the waiting room. I had no time to sit and recover and nobody monitored me. All they did was say wait 20 minutes before you drive, and there were no post procedure instructions. Took my insurance money and sent me on my way. I do not recommend this practice at all.
Insurance: Aetna
Respond

18/04/11 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1293371
14/11/10 5 3 1 1 very very rude didn't have all the facts before leaping to comdem I am an eldery person and have never had a Dr. behave in such a maner  Respond
RID: 969944
23/08/09 4 4 5 5 Dr. Balint is very efficient but quick, and tells the situation like it is without trying to get you to rush into certain things. This is unlike many other doctors who push so they can gain money on new procedures. He is old-fashioned, perhaps, because he does not use email or internet- but I find this refreshing in an age when even doctors are so political and treatment is not at the standard is should be.
RID: 780730
03/02/09 3 4 4 5 Dr. Balint is very conservative and knowledgeable. I see his PA, Deb Nelson, who is one of the best medical professional I have ever dealt with. Dr. Balint consults with Ms. Nelson on my case, but Deb Nelson is extremely knowledgeable, takes extra time to examine and discuss issues beyond just pain management and orthopedic concerns. Deb Nelson has gone above and beyond to help me get the correct medications for complicated medical problems. She calls, writes and communicates with my other Doctors, Specialists, Therapists, Pharmacies and with myself. Deb Nelson checks every detail and discusses all options with me explaining why she would like to take one route over another. Deb Nelson listens to all my concerns and works extremely hard to resolve complicated medical problems. Her response to my messages is always same day and even through her personal e-mail. She gives every avenue to get in touch with her and to help resolve immediate medical concerns.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 347114
17/06/07 3 5 4 Helpful, efficient, though rather arrogant. His PA Deborah Nelson, though, is absolutely fantastic, kindly, thorough, and painstaking-- I make appointments with her instead whenever possible. Happily it's a packaged deal, if you're his patient you're also hers. Office staff is kind of hit or miss, you'll either get very good service or a lot of rudeness, depending on the staff person you deal with. In any event, you won't find a practice more devoted to helping people in pain than these folks.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 17782
01/12/05 5 5 5 Wonderful doctor; throught; great staff; attention to detail.
* - Rating left by a registered user