Rate Dr. Virgil A. Balint

Dr. Virgil A. Balint's Ratings

Victoria and Dr. Balint are truly AWESOME ! Everybody in the Reston office, including desk personnel and office manager, has been very professional and courteous. Thank you all for treating me with respect and making me feel like I matter. : )

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2599884].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

I am grateful to Dr Balint and his staff. I appreciated his honesty and forthright delivery of information. He and his staff worked with me on what I needed, what I did not want (surgery or drugs), and took the time to go over why his recommendations would work and how he would proceed. After decades of pain, it is subsiding.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2528239].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

Dr. Balint is the greatest physician on earth. He is an extremely good listener, provides the best available medical procedures. I have recovered tremendously and having him as a physician returned my faith in my recovery. I am grateful to him for all of the years of freedom and little or no pain he has made possible for me with his medical treatments.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2463025].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 12, 2014

Dr. Balint has the worst bedside manners of any physician that I have ever met. He is only interested in recommending you expensive surgeries, like the epidural injections that can cause corrosion to your bones and the insurance may not pay for it after your claims have been approved by his office. Nonetheless, after telling Dr. Balint during my third visit that I was not interested in anymore injections, he stormed out of the treatment room and did not say a word to me. I wouldn't support him because he is evil and only interested in money and not your health. Take your business to a person that actually cares and will discuss all of the side effects with you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2463024].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

Dr. Balint's is rude and only concerned about making money. The epidural injections are extremely painful, especially the day after. He doesn't talk about the adverse effects or side effects of this procedure. After, I refused to have a second steroid injection in my neck, he blatantly walked out the door without even saying a word. He is not concerned about his patients, he only after your money. His bedside manners are horrible!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2052602].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2013

I was skeptical about Dr. Balint after reading some reviews about him. But I left his office with confidence in him. Dr. Balint was a great listener and very attentive and responsive to my numourous questions. He seemed knowledgable and I'm also impressed with the kindness and attention of his PA Dr. Jennifer at the Herndon office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2052601].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2013

I saw Dr. Balint for pain in my neck. He reviewed an x-ray, barely touched the area of pain, and decided I needed a procedure involving a steroid injection. That didn't work, so he had me get an MRI. The MRI was pretty normal for my age, but he thought I should have a steroid epidural. That didn't work either. I went to another doctor only to find out I had TMJ and jaw alignment issues. Balint didn't pick it up because he is only there to do procedures and is a terrible diagnostician. Horrible experience. After both procedures, all they did was shuffle me out to the waiting room. I had no time to sit and recover and nobody monitored me. All they did was say wait 20 minutes before you drive, and there were no post procedure instructions. Took my insurance money and sent me on my way. I do not recommend this practice at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2052603].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

very very rude didn't have all the facts before leaping to comdem I am an eldery person and have never had a Dr. behave in such a maner

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2052600].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2010

Dr. Balint is very efficient but quick, and tells the situation like it is without trying to get you to rush into certain things. This is unlike many other doctors who push so they can gain money on new procedures. He is old-fashioned, perhaps, because he does not use email or internet- but I find this refreshing in an age when even doctors are so political and treatment is not at the standard is should be.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2052599].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 23, 2009

Dr. Balint is very conservative and knowledgeable. I see his PA, Deb Nelson, who is one of the best medical professional I have ever dealt with. Dr. Balint consults with Ms. Nelson on my case, but Deb Nelson is extremely knowledgeable, takes extra time to examine and discuss issues beyond just pain management and orthopedic concerns. Deb Nelson has gone above and beyond to help me get the correct medications for complicated medical problems. She calls, writes and communicates with my other Doctors, Specialists, Therapists, Pharmacies and with myself. Deb Nelson checks every detail and discusses all options with me explaining why she would like to take one route over another. Deb Nelson listens to all my concerns and works extremely hard to resolve complicated medical problems. Her response to my messages is always same day and even through her personal e-mail. She gives every avenue to get in touch with her and to help resolve immediate medical concerns.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2052598].votes_count ]]