Dr. Kenneth W. Blumenthal

Grad. Year: 1978

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.1 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 10 reviews. Dr. Kenneth W. Blumenthal has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Allergist / Immunologist-related: fever, asthma, hives, allergies, hay fever, food allergy, chemical allergy, insect allergy, drug allergy
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

15/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 2.0
RID: 3632328
14/12/13 4 4 4 5 Very easy to work with. He is knowledgeable and confident. I have learned to not question his decisions.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Kenneth" to "Kenneth W."
RID: 2670586
04/06/13 5 5 5 5 We are so thankful for this office! Dr. B sent us to the ER after being in touch with us multiple times on a weekend, where our son was diagnosed with cellulitis in his eye. If we had kept him home, the outcome could have been awful. All five of our children go to this office and we have no complaints. Helpful staff, fitting us in during emergencies, prompt responses on the phone, and an average wait time. We have highly recommended them to other friends as well.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 2670022
04/06/13 5 4 5 5 I brought my son into the office 06/03/13 as a new patient with asthma and chronic allergies, I was so impressed by Dr. Blumenthal and his knowledge. I have been to many specialists and my son's pediatrician searching for answers and I believe I may finally have them. Dr. Blumenthal's approach is differnt then any other Dr. I have been to, he wants to help my child get better instead of giving him constant steroids. I am so impressed with him and his staff! I would recommend him to anyone that needs help and answers!
RID: 2640341
05/05/13 4 1 1 1 I left in tears. My appt was at 3:30, & I got there 20 mins early for paperwork. I told the staff several times that if I'm not done by 4:15pm, I'd need to reschedule, because my son had a game. They said it was fine. So, 4:15 came, & I said I had to go. The nurse said the dr will be in my room in 2 mins, & to please wait. When 4:30 came, I opened the door to leave, & in walks the dr. I said I'm sorry, I have to go, & I need to reschedule. He said I can't reschedule. Either I see him now, or not at all. I said 'but I can't stay, I waited over an hour & I told the girls ahead of time I'd have to leave by a certain time, & they said it was fine!' As soon as I said I couldn't stay, he walked out of my room, & as I'm trying to talk to him, he walks into another room, & closes the door on me. The receptionist apologizes profusely, because I had burst into tears at this point. I did NOT deserve to be treated that way, & he did that in front of my 15 month old daughter.
Insurance: HIP
RID: 2595948
21/03/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Blumenthal and staff are very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Would highly recommend to anyone.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2566905

21/02/13 4 4 1 1 I took my 19 month old to see Dr. Blumenthal. He was incredibly disrespectful and degrading toward my parenting choices. He told me to stop breast feeding and to let my son cry through the night, which are both completely outdated practices and have been proven to be harmful for the child. He talked down to me the entire appointment and had a horrible "God-complex". I would NOT recomend this doctor to anyone
Paid (or co-pay): $100
RID: 1514826
17/08/11 5 5 5 5 I made a mistake and came a week early. They were kind and worked me in. I was very grateful. The doctor was caring and knowledgeable and made an immediate treatment plan. This was my first visit. I look forward to a positive professional relationship.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1436987
10/05/11 5 5 5 5 Dr.Blumenthal has an excellant bed side manner. He is compassionte about your health.  Respond
RID: 473239
30/12/07 5 4 4 5 Very nice allergy and asthma doctor who is also knowledgeable about other conditions such as acid reflux and rosacea.
Paid (or co-pay): $58