Rate Dr. Jeffrey J. Gutman

Dr. Jeffrey J. Gutman's Ratings

Dr Gutman will forever be praised by my Husband and myself for saving our Son's life...had it not been for him, he would not be here.... Our Son had a perforated colon, emergency surgery was performed by this wonderful Dr, our Son is here and able to live a normal life , thanks to Dr Gutman.... We can NOT Thank You enough.....

Submitted July 2, 2012 | flag

Dr. Gutman was referred to me independently by my Internist, OB/GYN, and doctor friend. Dr. Gutman corrected my inguinal hernia in a short surgery that lasted less than 10 minutes. He has perfected the laproscopic method, and has a huge success rating for all types of hernia repair. His personality is easy-going and exceptionally compassionate. He is definitely NOT pushy or arrogant in any way. I found his office staff to be polite, accommodating, and excellent with follow through. I highly recommend Dr. Gutman, and would see him again if I had need for a surgeon.

Submitted Dec. 10, 2011 | flag

For 8 months, I had a large sebaceous cyst between my breasts. It ruptured once and left an unsightly dark scar. The cyst was painful and came back regularly. I had not been able to afford seeing a doctor about it, but after it ruptured again, this time through my old scar tissue, I realized it was time to fix this. Dr. Gutman was recommended to me by my dermatologist for his relaxed disposition and high surgical skill. I was nervous, but he talked me through the whole procedure (he would numb the area, create an incision through the old scar, and remove the cyst). It wasn’t painful, and when he stitched it up, it looked even better than before. My nasty scar was hidden by his expert stitch job. Not only do I feel exponentially better without a lump on my chest, but it was a pleasure meting and talking with this excellent doctor as he helped me out.

Submitted Aug. 29, 2011 | flag

Dr. Gutman saved my life. He performed emergency surgery on me for a perforated colon. An hour or 2 more and I would not have been able to write this GLOWING review. Friendly, caring and knowledgeable describe this great man.I will have had 3 surgeries performed by him and each time he has exceeded my expectations.

Submitted Aug. 21, 2011 | flag

I find it laughable that Dr. Gutman is approaching 4/5. In my experience with Dr. Gutman he was the most non-present, least helpful, least professional surgeons I would ever hope to encounter in my lifetime. One year after the most horrific experience of my life, I still cannot bring myself to say anything positive about the man, his staff or his hospital. In fairness to the Dr., the first time I met him was 6 weeks after he botched my father's surgery when he advised me to "pull the plug" because it was in my father's best interest. Thanks for showing up Doc, I just wish you would have made at least a half-hearted effort to rectify your mistake before my father went into cardiac arrest and ultimately bled to death. I don't have a problem with someone not being good at their job, but MDs are not accountants, they are surgeons and when they screw up people die. In my opinion Dr. Gutman is not good at his job. Knife happy? Yeah, that would be a GROSS understatement.

Submitted May 25, 2011 | flag

Dr. J Gutman is an excellent communicator. Friendly, knowledgable, great overall experience. ~K Allison

Submitted April 13, 2011 | flag

Dr. Gutman was knowledgeable and made me feel completely at ease about my upcoming surgery. Excellent bedside manner.

Submitted March 3, 2011 | flag

Dr. Gutman definitely has the BEST bedside manner I have ever experienced with any doctor. He is completely open to questions - so ask many. He makes diagrams to help you understand what you are about to go through as well as discussing the complications that may ensue. He has a fantastic smile and is super friendly. Of 10 people I know who had surgery under his knife (including me) all turned out great. Of course, it's how things turn out when things go wrong that shows a doctor's true worth. Still, I would have confidence in Dr. Gutman should things go wrong, or I wouldn't have gone to him in the first place. Gutman is a Blue Shield Provider so I only paid my HIGH deductible of $3500... the hospital bill was $49,000.00 - [$2500 for pharmacy alone - WHAT? Something is so wrong with the health care system but I know in reality I'm paying for all those people who don't pay for themselves since I only had a few pain pills... that has nothing to do with Gutman]

Submitted Feb. 22, 2011 | flag

Dr. Gutman is by far the BEST STOMACH SURGEON EVER! When you get to him one should already know and have a diagnosis of having to go to surgery - Dr. Gutman is NOT!! a diagnosing doctor! OF course he is knife happy - that IS his job - surgery of the stomach area. If someone was a moron and had a bad diagnosing GI doctor should look at himself and not put it on Dr. Gutman! This doctor operated 3 times on me and once on my teenager and he is beyond fantastic, his staff is one of the best in the market! When I needed or had more symptoms he sent me to get more tests and he knew exactly what to look for - He ALWAYS HAS TIME for questions, he makes drawings for you to show you how and what is about to be done. He is kind, has the BEST bed side manners I have EVER seen. How?? can ANYONE - ANYONE EVER say this doctor is not taking his time.

Submitted Jan. 8, 2010 | flag

His staff is fantastic. They ALWAYS deliver phone messages to Dr. G and he always calls me back promptly. The staff (Michelle in particular) gets the necessary approvals from the ins. co. which is not always easy. I have never had a problem getting in touch with the doctor himself or getting an appt. Dr. G has performed surgery on 2 family members as well as myself with good results. Every medical professional with whom I come in contact speaks highly of Dr. G. When in the office for an appt. I have never felt that I was being rushed or hurried.

Submitted Jan. 1, 2010 | flag