Rate Dr. James A. Shankwiler

Dr. James A. Shankwiler's Ratings

Hands down THE BEST doctor I have seen in may years. I had a shattered and dislocated shoulder and broken arm from an accident. He took great care of me and I have recovered to 100% use of my arm and shoulder and have NO pain at all. Dr. Shankwiler is kind, helpful, thorough and very knowledgable. Above all he cares deeply about the people he treats...not just their injuries. I can't say enough good things or recommend him more highly!

Submitted Feb. 2, 2014 | flag

Had a 4:00 PM appointment. My Name was called at 4:25 and Doctor showed up in the examining room at 4:40. I complained about the waiting time and explained that my time was valuable too. He explained that things get backed up due to emergencies, etc. and I accepted that. He told me to make an early morning appointment to prevent this. I did so for my second appointment this morning at 8:15. I arrived at 8:10 and the guy who had the 8:00 AM appointment was called at 8:15. I waited 20 minutes for my name to be called. I was escorted back to the examining room and told the doctor would be with me shortly. At that point I asked why I had to wait so long and she told me the same story Dr. Shankweiler had told me the time before. I pointed this out to her and the fact that at 8:15 he was already running at least 20 minutes behind his schedule. I voted with my feet and told them I was leaving and did not want to be a patient with a doctor who doesn't respect people's time.

Submitted Aug. 16, 2012 | flag

very smart doctor and great bedside manner. Both my husband and I have had shoulder surgery by this doctor and he is also a doctor...and things Dr. Shankweiler is excellent.

Submitted July 19, 2012 | flag

AMAZING!!!! GENIUS!!!!!! What a wonderful human being. Never before have I had such a knowledgeable doctor and he really cares about his patients more then his bottom line. He is in it for the medical oath he swore to and not just pushing patients through the revolving door. He tells you what the problem is and how to fix it not just pass the prescription pad. If only there were more incredible doctors that take the time to make you feel better, regardless of your diagnosis, there is hope for a better quality of life.

Submitted June 23, 2011 | flag

Dr. Shankweiler did a total shoulder replacement on my right shoulder in 1997. To this day it has not caused me any problems at all. He takes the time to explain just what he was going to do. I would recommend Dr. Shankweiler in a heart beat for any shoulder surgery .

Submitted Oct. 1, 2010 | flag

This man made such a difference in my life! He repaired my shoulder so I now have almost full use. Not only is he skilled, but he is kind, and compassionate. He listens!!! Dr. Shankwiler is ready to explain anything and did sometimes more than once. My physical therapist was impressed also as he could communicate easily with her about exercises and be specific about what he did or did not want done with me. I would readily send anyone to him.

Submitted Jan. 9, 2008 | flag

He's NEVER on time with his appointments. I had a 9:00 appointment. His nurse didn't bring me in until almost 10:00. I waited about an hour and an half hour for him before he actually walked into the exam room. But it's worth it. The reason why he's always running late is because he takes the time to actually sit down & discuss the matter with his patients. I definitely would return to see him again. Just be prepared for the long wait!

Submitted Dec. 1, 2005 | flag