Rate Dr. Lily K. JUNG-HENSON

Dr. Lily K. JUNG-HENSON's Ratings

Dr Jung is a very caring, compassionate, doctor. I've been a patient since 2008. I was in several of her clinical trials when I lived in Seattle and she was still downtown at the Cherry Hill campus. I now live outside the Seattle area but I will drive miles to see her- that's how great she is. She has bent over backwards for me since I moved....referring me to a colleague over in Missoula, MT. Dr Jung cares about things that my former neurologist in Michigan (who I thought was okay) did not, like checking Vitamin D levels in blood, metabolic panel- blood, sending me to a neuro-psychologist for memory issues, physical therapy for balance issues, a neurological opthamologist, etc. And while she's doing all of this- she's typing out a plan of attack to print out so I don't have to try to remember it all. I'm able to access my test results online via MyChart & she's really quick at posting them as soon as she gets them. Anyway, that's my assessment....Dr Jung rocks!

Submitted Oct. 25, 2013 | flag

Dr. Lily Jung turned my MS around when I was critically ill and supported me through difficult times. When the time came to medically retire she was prompt in her assistance. I recommend that patients come with questions and information in hand to make sure they get the most out of their appointments as she has a very busy schedule. Appointments are short unless you ask for more time before hand. I have been kept updated on new medications, research, & reading material available (and given to me by her). She provides a list of what we talked about and next steps to take to remind me of what we discussed. Chart notes are very short which was an issue w/disability. She recommends medications that can be helpful & is willing to provide prescriptions as needed. Her nurse is wonderful. The office staff leaves a bit to be desired. I have been very dissatisfied with recent changes to staff & struggle with language barriers with one employee. Dr. Jung is a solid neurologist for MS patients.

Submitted Aug. 1, 2011 | flag

After reading the other comments it put my experience w/her into perspective. She is definitely a wait and see-totally at the cost of the patients quality of life-doesn't seem to care, but she does care about creating more revenue for her employers, so I am sure she is very popular within the swedish system. Basically unless you fit a very specific diagnostic criteria she not only won't treat you, she won't even give you a medical opinion of what is going on. If you press her for some kind of direction to go in, she will give you absolutely nothing-after 10,000.00 worth of testing including a spinal tap, I guess I expected something, other than wait and see. I will not go to her again, also she seems to rely upon residents for her vitals-doesn't take an adequate history herself. I wouldn't recommend her, she takes empiricism as a shield, so she doesn't have to say I don't know. A thoroughly depressing, disheartening, experience, left me with a renewed cynicism about medicine at swedish

Submitted June 27, 2011 | flag

My husband was in a car accident and suffers from a closed head injury. We have been with Dr. Jung for 7 years and she is amazing! She listens to our concerns and educates us on what to expect and what directions and options we have. She has been MORE THEN VERY helpful in dealing with our insurance company when getting experimental or new treatments are available to try. I highly recommend her!!!

Submitted Feb. 23, 2011 | flag

I believe her medical treatment is very good, but don't expect her to educate you about your disease, discuss it much with you or exhibit much empathy.

Submitted May 16, 2010 | flag

Dr. Jung is very knowledgeable with all of the Multiple Sclerosis medications. When I was diagnosed she gave me literature to read on the disease modifying drugs that were suited best for me. I made a choice, Rebif, and have had a "stable" MRI's since starting it over two years ago. She stays on top of my bloodwork and makes adjustments to other medications as needed. I feel confident that she is the right MS Specialist Neurologist for me. I have refered many patients to her and they have found her to be as professional and caring as I have. She has dedicated herself to helping those of us in need! I am grateful & appreciative that she takes the time I need.

Submitted March 28, 2010 | flag

My Mother experienced a similar treatment from Dr. Jung. My mother has also failed numerous preventative MS medications with many side effects. Dr. Jung wanted my Mother to take a highly experimental drug called Trabari with major side effect such as BRAIN DISEASE and death. Is she putting her patient’s best interest first?? I really hope so. I had hoped she was more thorough in discussing ALL the possible options with my Mother to choose the best option of treatment for HER. I am disappointment with Dr. Jung’s performance and sincerely hope that she personally takes the time with each of her patients.

Submitted Dec. 17, 2009 | flag

Since my symptoms don't fit into any 'normal nuro' category the 'wait and see' approach isn't helping my sympotms or my frustration. while I believe she is an excellent doctor I'm getting frustrated with the wait and see approach. If it is MS wait and see just doesn't work. Because she takes so much time with her patients her and sees patients if they arrive late her puctuality is a little lax. Fine with me! I'd rather her be late and spend the time she needs with patients

Submitted Nov. 29, 2009 | flag

Ever since I have been seeing Dr. Jung (three years)I have gone down hill with my MS. Doesnt seem to appear to be helping me to her best ability.

Submitted July 30, 2009 | flag

After testing ruled out Alzheimer's but gave no other diagnosis, Dr. Jung tried some medicines which eventually resulted in some mitigation. She was consistently a good listener, and was willing to proceed with treatment options when test results were confusing and uncertain. The results have been better than those for another aged family member whose symptoms were identical but whose doctors took a wait-and-see approach for a couple of years before beginning active treatment.

Submitted July 28, 2009 | flag