Rate Dr. Robert M. Ting

Dr. Robert M. Ting's Ratings

Dr Ting is clearly in a hurry. He must just have too many patients to keep them straight. I've been seeing him for five years and in recent appointments he congratulated me for quitting smoking, which is great except I've never once smoked, and in the same conversation he called me fat. When I reminded him that I'd never smoked, he asked me if I was sure about that. I'm pretty sure I've never smoked. He refuses to allow me to have a PSA test despite a strong family history and some past prostate problems, and instead of offering suggestions for improving weight-loss success or improving my A1c score; he just tells me that I'm fat and that if I exercised more these things would improve. When I remind him I spend an average of 8 hours a week at the gym, he again asks me if I'm really sure about that. The billing office at Moscow Family Medicine frequently mis-bills and is quick to send items to collections despite promising to correct the billing issues. It's time to go elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2055539].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2012

Dr. Ting has been our family physician for some time, we love dealing with a family practice doctor and feel that we always get excellent care not just from Dr. Ting but from the majority of the staff at Moscow Family Medicine.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2055538].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2009

Dr Ting is a horrible MD. He should not be in practice. He is does not listen to his patients, and he is very dismissive of his geriatric patients. He told our family member that they did not have what they felt they had based on test results and his lack of referral, and our family member was dead 4 months later. Their death could most likely have been totally prevented had Dr. Ting listened to his patient for many months, and done the proper testing and screening, and treatment, and knew what the *@#% he is doing. Poor Poor Poor Care. Do not entrust your health care or your families health care to this man. There are many other skilled MD's in the Palouse region. Go elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2055537].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2009

Dr. Ting is an excellent doctor and has always provided great care and support for my family. I definitely wish it was easier to get appointments in a more timely fashion, but always appreciate the level of care Dr. Ting provides and the amount of time he's willing to spend with us.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2055536].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2009

Dr. Ting is GREAT! as well as nurse Kathy!! If you are ill with a cold/flu (Something acute) they will send you to Quick Care where you wait for 3 hours. You have to PLAN when you are sick and schedule out 3 weeks. Other than that-he is a great MD! He is very kind, compassionate, caring and helpful. I highly recommend him

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2055535].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2009

my mother had been going to Dr. Ting for years by herself and was continuing to feel worse. I finally attended appts with her to see what was going on. He went down a checklist of symptoms, but didn't know why she was feeling poorly. I pressed for more tests, which he reluctantly agreed to. When I talked to MY OWN Dr about my mom's symptoms, my Dr. suggested that it sounded like "X" ( I won't name the condition) When I asked Dr. Ting if my mom could have "X", he abruptly said no, that is not what she had. I pressed for more tests, so he finally gave up and sent her to an internest, who immediately identified my mom's disease as "X", and if left untreated, she could go blind! Dr. Ting treated my mom like she was lying for months, dismissing her complaints about not feeling well. Dr Ting needs to study more and listen to patients a lot more....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2055534].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Have been to see him several times over the years. Although he is not my physician, I received good service and care each time my kids and I have needed his services

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2055533].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2009

Dr. Ting is a very nice man and is probably a good choice for a general practitioner. I went to him for pregnancy and did not feel that I got the support or followup that I needed when I miscarried. For obstetrics and gynecology I would recommend Moscow/Pullman OB-GYN across the lobby.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2055532].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2008

He was very nice and helped my five year old when he had croup

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2055531].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2007

He was the worst doctor I've ever been to. He was condescending and demeaning. I left both appointments I had with him feeling like I was about to cry. He seemed to discount everything I had to say. He actually accused me of lying about my sexual activity, based on his belief that most girls my age are sexually active. He was completely insensitive and I felt insulted.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2055530].votes_count ]]