Rate Dr. Robert F. Spetzler

Dr. Robert F. Spetzler's Ratings

Dr. Spetzler is a phenom in his field. In 2007 I was diagnosed with a brainstem cavernoma that was bleeding and was told by Connecticut and NYC hospitals that they would not operate because it was too risky. After some research I sent my MRI to his team and was told they would give me a 95% success rate. A month later after rehabbing from my bleed which left me cross eyed and paralyzed on my left side I saw Dr. Spetzler and he,like no one else,said you will be fine let's do it. Literally 1 hour after I came out of surgery I got out of my bed and walked around unassisted and my eyes were straight!!!Now over 6 years later I am doing great considering the location and severity of what could have happened. He is the ONLY neurosurgeon to see for surgery and has saved many lives. Thankyou Dr. Spetzler and team at Barrow :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2463193].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

Dr Spetzler is a gifted surgeon with a warm bedside manner. He clipped my carotid aneurysm 2 years ago, and I am doing fine. He and his staff are very proficient and knowledgeable. I did my research and went to the best. Thank you, Dr. Spetzler and God bless.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2463192].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2014

Dr Spetzler is Excellent. He removed my AVM in December 2013.So thankful and blessed everyday.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2463191].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

My wife had a avm in the ponds region and had to bleeds in a one week period, both bleed individually could have killed her, by way of intense research and explosive prayer I came upon his practice and his miracles, my wife had been considered hopeless due to the size and location of her cavernoma, this man not only removed this successfully, but my wife is jogging again, this experience has changed our lives, I was told that this was the largest ever removed from the ponds region of the brain, I hope someone in his practice reads this and tells him this, we love you Doctor and pray for you and your family. Thank you, thank you, thank you Robert Mac, Houston TX

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2463190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

My wife just had a difficult tumor taken out of her brain. Other surgeons we talked to said it would be a partial removal due to its closeness to the optic nerve and the carotid artery. Dr Spetzler just did a total removal with no problems. An amazing surgeon and man. He saved my wife's life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2463189].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

In 2010 I had 2 separate surgeries to fix 5 aneurysms by Dr. Spetzler. Nearly 4 years later I am doing well. He is truly an amazing surgeon and person. I will always be grateful to him for saving my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2056106].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

After seeing several doctors, Dr. Spetzler was the only one who properly diagnosed my eighteen year old son. No other doctor was able to give an actual name to the condition, in fact the other doctors could only theorize what might be wrong. This was very discouraging, nothing was certain. When Spetzler made his diagnosis it all made sense, it wasn't just a guess. He knew what he was going to do before going into the operating room and he explained it in a way my kid understood. After seeing him I was greatly relieved and my son was so happy, telling people he had one of the very best surgeons in the world, he had absolute confidence he would recover completely. And, he did. I can't give enough thanks to God for leading us to this man and answering our prayers.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2056105].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2013

I love Dr.Spitzler he saved my life and his team I am so grateful for a second chance at life I,ll never let any on down.Thankyou God for giving Dr,Spitzler golden hands the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2056104].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2012

Dr. Spetzler saved my 17 years old life. Diagnosed with a brain tumor, most likely caused by his previous radiation for two other tumors in the orbit, We were told surgery was not an option. Dr. Spetzler took my sons case and to put into his words " The surgery was uneventful", removed the entire tumor from a very difficult place. He is still on chemotherapy, but without the surgery, we do not know where we would be today. He has an excellent oncologist at PCH and is doing well. Just can't thank Dr. Spetzler enough, it is impossible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2056103].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2012

I did not have a good experience with this person. For me it was very unplesant and I was in a very vulnerable situation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2056102].votes_count ]]