Rate Dr. Samuel S. Messieh

Dr. Samuel S. Messieh's Ratings

I had knee surgery by Dr Messieh 2 months ago and I am going back for my second in 3 months he is so good I have full confidence in him and the Heart of heartland Hospital was great.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2574409].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 12, 2014

He was great and didnt sugar coat my diagnosis and explained my choices but he's compassionate and confident, so that made my decision easier. Its that time again for another procedure and have every confidece and faith in God that gave him the skill to do what he does. His nurse Sherry, is wonderful, but other staff could use a a class in people skills.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2422367].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

I did not have a surgery. I had an injured knee treated. He is the best in our area and I would not go any place else. I used him for a second opinion and he proved to be right. If you need a knee doctor he is the one you need. I found his office people in Winter Haven were very attentive and pleasant. I waited about 10 minutes then I got an x-ray and waited 5 minutes in the doctors office then Dr Messieh treated me and I was out the door. Total time spent 20 minutes. For me that was very good service.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][767626].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2013

Dr. Messiah is a fantastic surgeon. He really knows how to deal with knee replacements, very skilled. He is very knowledgeable concerning surgery procedures, follow his advice and you will have a better chance at preventing infections and blood clots, two problems with knee replacements. His bedside manner can be rude at times, same with his staff. My wife and I were in the exam room and he went off on both of us, for no apparent reason. I think it's due to the fact that he is so busy, he sometimes is overworked. Still he is a great surgeon and I would recommend him. Just realize you might have a problem with him and his staff in an office visit.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][767625].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2013

Dr. Messieh has a team & protocol that is top-notch. I can't thank them enough for the relief they have given me already with my new knee (8 wks. post-op). He is definitely the man to see if you're thinking of a knee or hip replacement. Best in the state! Most times appts. were on time, but occasionally there may be emergencies. The office is extremely well organized as is his practice. Best in the state of Florida! :)

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][767624].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2013

I was reffered to this office by my primary doctor for a problem I had with my hand and knee. I called Dr. David Messieh's office to make an appointment and the staff was very, very rude. First I was told rudely that they didn't handle any hand issues ( as if I knew), and then they told me I needed a referral which I told them I had. Then Mary proceeded to rudely tell me that I couldn't hand deliver the referral that it has to be faxed over my my primary Physcians office. They really must think I am a mind reader and should have know ALL their office policies...please. I didn't even bothered to make an appointment. If this is the way they treat me over the phone it can only get worse while I am there in person.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][767623].votes_count ]]

Submitted April 19, 2013

I suggest bringing a book to read as wait can be long unless your apt. is early morning or first in the afternoon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][767622].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2012

Have had both knees replaced five years apart. He is the best. Does entire operation including closing. Scar is indistinguishable from three feet. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][767621].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 29, 2012

The office manager and staff are very rude. The Doctor, himself, seems to have a pleasing personality, however, the office manager runs the facility, who happens to be his wife!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][767620].votes_count ]]

Submitted Jan. 28, 2011

I thought he was pompous and arrogant. I would not go back to him if he was the last doctor around. He did two cortisone injections in each of my knees which made them hurt so bad I could hardly walk. It was a very discouraging experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][767619].votes_count ]]