Rate Dr. David E. Richter

Dr. David E. Richter's Ratings

I only saw Dr. Richter two times & felt all he was doing was writing prescriptions. During both visits he had me lie on the table & checked to see how far both legs would open (I have a hip that needs replaced). I felt that it wasn't necessary the second time to do exactly what he did on the first visit. Nothing has changed! I still need a new hip! I'll not go back.

Submitted Oct. 24, 2013 | flag

After a bad experience with another rheumatologist, I transferred here. I only waited 2 weeks for my first appointment (other place, 5 weeks). He listened to me, answered all my questions, and was gentle and helpful! I felt better after the first visit than I had in 6 months at the other. When I called in a flare, he gave me a same-day appointment. Dr Richter has been like that every visit since. I'm very happy there and finally feel like I'm getting good treatment.

Submitted Dec. 3, 2012 | flag

I have had a great experience with Dr. Richter. He diagnosed me with Lupus after I struggled 10 years with other doctors for the cause of my fatigue and joint problems. He started me on conservative meds that have worked well to control it (plaquenil and Relafen and no one is making a buck on those cheap solutions, incidentally). He takes all my concerns seriously and I appreciate that he's not quick to throw prednisone at my problems. I couldn't ask for a better doc.

Submitted March 4, 2009 | flag

I saw him for over 10 years and was in pain the entire time. He had no concern for my pain. He had me on many medicines that did no good. When I quit all of the medications that he had me on it had no effect on my pain. I since went on Ostio-bio-flex and MSM and most of my pain has subsided. He never recommended any of these. He made me keep seeing him every two months or he would not fill my prescriptions which he made me think that I needed. He treated me for fibromyalgia with Lyrica and Trazadone which did nothing but make me feel dopy. It turned out that my pain was not from fibromyalgia, but it was from Ankylosing Spondilitis as a result of Psoriatic Arthritis which he never diaganosed.

Submitted March 4, 2009 | flag

He was not very knowledgable. I received most of my PROPER information from his nurse at the time, Mary Jo. She was absolutely amazing and did everything she could to help me. I would have switched Rheumatologists sooner, but my mom encouraged me to stay with Dr. Richter because she thought it would be too difficult to switch. I considered myself to be his guinea pig and I swear he was being compensated and/or receiving kick-backs from the drug companies. He absolutely did not listen to me and my concerns about how he was treating me. I needed my knees aspirated quite often and he was not very gentle at all. His nurses, besides Mary Jo, were very rude the majority of the time. I was probably the youngest person in his office, rarely seeing anyone under the age of 70. I was 19 when I started seeing Dr. Richter, so I believe that they just had no clue how to treat a young person with RA. It was absolutely awful. I eventually switched to Dr. Chatterjee at the Cleveland Clinic-he's amazing

Submitted Feb. 16, 2009 | flag