Rate Dr. Gary P. Colon

Dr. Gary P. Colon's Ratings

Dr. Colon was excellent, very precise, conservative surgeon. The staff was indifferent, for example I understand if the Doctor gives a patient extra time if needed to talk, but the staff should make you aware that you will be waiting an hour or more to be taken!! Another thing I didn't care for is that they charge $50. a page to fill out manadatory employer forms, some of these forms can be 4-6 pages!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2057351].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2014

My experience with Dr. Colon and his Pain Management associates dates back to '09 thru present day '13. Personal musculoskeletal challenges go back to '89 (3-disc fusion) but were renewed in grand style post accident in '04. Dr. Colon has provided not only a clear and accurate ongoing assessment of all but appears to make surgery a last resort not a primary one. In my experience that's so rare it's downright conspicuous...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2057350].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2013

Dr Colon was contracted by Intercor on behalf of Travelers Workers Comp to do an ‘Independant Medical Evaluation’ of my condition a month after my 4th spine surgery. They tried to block my wife from the exam saying they had been paid $2,500 to do this. The implication was that kind of money would get Travelers whatever they wanted to hear! Although Colon was told in the 20 minute interview that I had spine surgery within the last month, he found I would be able to go back to work in 6 weeks and recommended a Functional Capacity exam. I couldn’t withstand the stress of a 6-hour FCE under any circumstances! Colon never requested records for the 4th spine surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2057349].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2009

Great doctor and surgeon. He really cares about his patients. He actually took the time to personally call me back when I had questions before my surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2057348].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2009

Not impressed. Poor hospitalization with poor followup, including sepsis infection. But back surgery finally worked.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2057347].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2007

My back is doing the talking here, and it's quite happy with Dr. Colon. I had a a lumbar disc fragment removed in a microsurgical procedure. Recovery was swift, all my questions were answered, and the decision was mine to make, after all the options were clearly explained.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2057346].votes_count ]]