Dr. Raymond I. Poliakin

Grad. Year: 1979

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 44 reviews. Dr. Raymond I. Poliakin has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 4776070

05/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 5.0  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Raymond" to "Raymond I."
RID: 2406139
21/08/12 5 5 5 5 Dr,P is the best OB doctor ever! I have known him for about 10 years; he delivered my two girls. He is a very caring, knowledgeable doctor and his expertise are above and beyond. He has always been there for my needs/concerns with both of my pregnancies. His staff is also very helpful and nice. He is an outstanding doctor and a wonderful person! We love him dearly.  Respond
RID: 2301174
28/06/12 4 3 5 5 love, Love, LOVE him! Been with him for 17 years and moved away several years ago but still drive an hour and a half each way to have him take care of me. He has gone beyond his usual call of duty with me and I am forever grateful. he has helped me when other Drs wouldnt/couldnt. He listens to his patients. he is gentle and dedicated. He is the best surgeon I have ever had. Great recoveries. I dont know how to ever repay him except to refer others to him so they can benefit from his years of experience.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1635209
15/11/11 3 3 3 3 Moved to Ventura Cty & Poliakin came recommended by a friend.Having 2nd baby, 10 wks needed a dr. quick so went w/him. Met with Poliakin first visit very nice & spent his time with me & my hubby talking. Always at each appt. very nice - late a lot of the time! At times aggravating esp. when you are pregnant - but liked him. Nurses all very very nice. Thank God for them otherwise I would have left. Cindy the Office Mgr/Collection Lady is a nightmare. At about 25 weeks I HAD to meet w/her to pay UPFRONT 3,500 because they want labor paid upfront regardless if you have insurance. NEVER HEARD OF THIS! It became a nightmare every appt. hounding me for money, threating me - that "You cannot leave the office unless you give me some money!" And "I will send you to collections if you do not pay" mind you my acct. was up to date & my insurance had paid EVERYTHING! It became more like a collections apt. then a dr.'s appt. if you want to pay upfront for a dr. go there, it is an absolute joke!
Paid (or co-pay): $500
RID: 1538919
15/09/11 5 5 5 5 Dr Poliakin is a wonderful, caring physician. Not only is he always up on the latest studies and statistics, when I ask a question, but he also supports womens choices to have a natural or medicated birth. He is the best OB/Gyn in Ventura County!!!

RID: 1398623
27/03/11 2 1 3 5 I was referred to Dr. Poliakin through my midwife,for my 20-week ultrasound. My husband and I got there 5 minutes early. There were no seats in the waiting room so the staff suggested we could wait outside in the hallway. We waited TWO AND A HALF HOURS before we were finally seen. Dr. Poliakin informed us that he was running late on his lunch since it had been a busy day. He was rushed the entire time. He would only speak to me if I directly asked him a question (since it was my first ultrasound ever it would have been nice to have it explained to us- what we were looking at, etc - instead of having to think of questions to ask). When he did speak, he was arrogant, rude and rushed. Needless to say, I did not go back to him for anymore ultrasounds and instead went to an ultrasound tech. I am not seeing him for my current pregnancy.
See Responses

27/09/10 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1014411
20/10/09 4 2 5 5 He is an extremely experienced and skilled doctor and surgeon. Does he have strong opinions? Yes. If you disagree with him, you better have a good reason. But the most important aspect about him is that he very much cares about your well-being. I got to see that part of him when I had issues dealing with the pain after the delivery in the following week. His office staff was awesome as well. Also, I loved that he does his own ultrasound so there is no need to see a technician who can't tell you much. I know that his office is always busy and the wait time is long. Maybe his dry sense of humor is not your cup of tea - I actually enjoy it very much. But when I look at the big picture, I will gladly go back to him for my next pregnancy. I trust that I will be in good hands.
RID: 884486
11/05/09 5 1 3 5 Dr. Poliakin was nice, helpful and knowledgeable, however he was also arrogant and pushy. When questioned, he can get defensive. He encouraged me to be induced because he said my baby was going to be big. I did not want to be induced and he did not like that. He just wanted me to do what he said. I ended up going through with the induction and ended up having a c-section and my daughter was not big. I just felt he was a little pushy on scheduling. He also made some very rude remarks to my family while I was in labor. He is a very smart doctor and an awesome surgeon, but I will find another OB for my next child and pursue a VBAC (which he will not do).
RID: 838160
22/03/09 5 4 5 5 Switched to this doctor after a negative experience with another doctor and have no regrets. He delivered my second baby via a schduled c-section without any complications. He is business-like, yet friendly. Has a good sense of humor so the appointments are not boring. My experience with the staff has been positive, especially taking into account that his office is very busy.
RID: 762277
12/01/09 1 3 4 5 Dr.P. is extremely knowledgeable & somewhat charming. His waiting rm is always full of patients anxious & happy to see him. I had no doubt as to his capabilities. Confident(yes, arrogant @ times but it takes a backseat to his skill/abilities)assuring me he is "very good at what(I)do" w/regards to delivering babies, & complications that might occur. Office atmosphere is set to alleviate awkwardness & patient fear, bringing ease to the experience.(hint*Don't bother if you lack a sense of humor.) Unfortunately, I was very disappointed w/his office staff. My few urgent messages concerning acute symptoms or complications never reached him (examp-called twice about bleeding in my 5th month). Failure to communicate such important info was negligent. Bottom line, almost certain not to disappoint in the delivery room. This man could successfully deliver a baby w/a rope tied around his leg suspended from the ceiling, blindfolded, w/one hand tied behind his back. Love the fishing waders, Dr. P!
RID: 712045
29/10/08 4 3 5 5 Dr. Poliakin is a pretty good doctor. He is totally laid back but is very knowledgeable. He has his practice down to a tee. The book he wrote is awesome. I was given his book for free at my first appointment while I was preggo. Throughout my pregnancy I never really had to burden him with my stupid questions because he answers so many in his book. But if you do have a stupid question, he wont hesitate to answer it. I traveled 2 hours out of my way to have him as my ob/gyn. When I was expected to deliver my first baby, he went on vacation. Of course I go into labor while he was gone. I was still in labor when he came back from vacation. The second he came back he drove to the hospital to deliver my baby. Wow! He must love his job. It's a good thing he does because I ended up having a C-section. I don't think I would of trusted anyone else to cut open my belly without doing a google search. Yeah, I'm one of those people that look at credentials/reviews before seeing anyone.
RID: 558642
05/04/08 5 3 5 5 Dr. Poliakin has been my OB/GYN for 23 years. He has delivered all 3 of my children. He was so supportive and understanding when I miscarried between our first and second child. He even offered to meet my husband and I at his office after hours (with his wife who is a nurse)to alleviate my fears during the pregnancy that followed my miscarriage. He is always willing to take the extra time to catch up on what is going on in your life (this may be why he sometimes is behind schedule). He is by far the most caring, professional, and down to earth doctor I have ever been to. His memory with names is unbelievable, we saw him at the park and not only did he remember my name and my husbands but our kids names as well! Going to Doctor Poliakin is like going to a small town doctor in a town that isn't so small anymore! I would definately recommend Dr. P:)
RID: 542820
19/03/08 5 4 5 5 Dr. Poliakin has been my OBGYN for the past 10 years and I have nothing but amazing things to say about him. I moved over an hour and a half away from Thousand Oaks 5 years ago and I still continue to go to him because the 2 hour drive is well worth it. He is the best doctor I have ever have and he truly cares about all his patients. People complain on here because he is often late but it is because he listens to his patient's questions and takes his time. I am willing to wait in order to have a doctor that does not rush through my exam. Dr. Poliakin is amazing and I recommend him 110%
RID: 536559
12/03/08 5 1 5 5 Yes, Dr. Poliakin is late, ALOT. That's only because he will not rush his appointments, he takes excellent care of you and he does work you in if you have an emergency. He didn't delivery any babies for me, he is just my GYN, but he is the best ever. I will always see him and I will always give him a 5 star recommendation. He is a very CARING Doctor. Once you are his patient you feel like a member of his family.
RID: 527908
02/03/08 5 3 5 5 I went to Dr. Poliakin to help with my infertility - he assessed my problem quickly and with great optimism (never doubted that I would eventually get pregnant). It took a year but it happened. The care I received during pregnancy was wonderful. I remember asking him about perineum massage to prevent unnecessary stitches or tears. He was very straightforward in his response and I have to say, gave me much more accurate information that I wasn't getting from my other sources.
RID: 505340
05/02/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Poliakin, is amazing, he makes you feel so comfortable and warm. He has a great sense of humor which really helped my husband warm up to him. He is caring and very very funny! I would recommend him to people walking down the street everyone that knows me knows Dr. Poliakin's name! We Love him and wouldn't ever go to another Dr. ever again!
RID: 467546
18/12/07 4 3 5 5 I have been going to Dr.Poliakin for over 10 years,he is a good listener and operated on me twice without any complications. Also, I know someof his patients that couldn't pay everything the day of the surgery and he worked it out so they could still have their operation. He cares about his patients and I drive over 130 miles to see him still. T.Wood Palm Desert
Paid (or co-pay): $100
RID: 451824
28/11/07 1 2 1 2 He is flip and cocky. Bragged to me about how he can't wait to retire and is planning to do this with his new book about pregnancy. Office staff can't be bothered to let you know about your test results. Find another doctor.  Respond
RID: 434552

25/10/07 5 4 5 5 Dr. P is an amazing doctor. He was very caring and patiently answered all questions that I had for him. You do have to wait, but it is more than worth it when you find someone who is so caring. I know three other people who go to him and also love him very much. He is extremely knowledgeable and really takes the time to diagnois you correctly. To those who say that he gets upset when you give him "suggestions" - HE is the doctor - not you.
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 434536
25/10/07 5 4 5 5 I am blessed to have found to Dr. P. He is very much no-nonsense and doesn't put up with BS. He doesn't let demanding patients control how the office is run. After I had my first baby, I had some problems with postpartum depression. I went to Dr. P and I told him that something was not right. Thanks to him, he helped bring me back into the light so I could enjoy my baby. He still asks to this day everytime I go in there, how I am doing. Yes, you wait awhile in the waiting room before you are called, but that's how it is. People who complain about his punctuality, should just get over it since they are not the only patients he has. Not only that, but the best things in life comes to those who wait and Dr. Poliakin is the BEST!
RID: 433585
24/10/07 5 5 5 5 Best doctor I have ever had!!! Been my doctor for 20 years...delivered my son, Taylor...It will be a sad day when he retires!
RID: 348176
18/06/07 3 5 5 You can be sure you are in qualified hands when you see Dr Poliakin. Although he tries his very best to not keep ladies waiting, it can become a nessecity due to babies arriving! He is kind, offers female care and the upmost new technologies, also has his own ultrasound which HE DOES HIMSELF AND READS IT WHILE YOU ARE THERE. This dr. is one in a million. I'd wait all day to see him for his opinion.
RID: 230288
25/03/07 1 2 4 Dr. Poliakin and staff are too busy/distracted to deliver adequate care. Kept me waiting over 1 hr with no explanation. He becomes very defensive and somewhat rude when questioned. I disagree with other posters above and encourage others to carefully consider choosing this OBGYN.  Respond
RID: 188084
12/03/07 3 1 3 Dr. Poliakin is a very arrogant physician. He is very condescending and speaks down to his patients. I would not recommend him even though he has a positive reputation. He does not take feedback well, becoming defensive and unprofessional. After presenting him with some suggestions, he actually had the nerve to fold up my wife's chart, hand it to her and ask her to leave the office and seek medical attention elsewhere. She was 37 weeks pregnant at the time. His actions caused us a great deal of stress, leaving us wondering if we were going to have a doctor to deliver our baby. I called him to question him on what happened during the appointment. He was very nonchalant about the situation and even asked ME to apologize to my wife for the misunderstanding. He never once offered to apologize to her directly. His demeanor changed dramatically when I contacted him regarding the situation. He even admitted his wrongdoing by admitting that he contacted his peers to seek their advice.
RID: 83746
14/01/07 3 5 5 Dr. Poliakin is an awesome doctor! I have recommended him to many people, and will continue to do so. I've received the best care from him, and I trust his knowledge and opinions. I always look forward to my appointments with him!
RID: 76134
04/01/07 4 5 5 Dr Poliakin delivered both of my kids and he was amazing. I have never had a better Dr or one who made me feel so comfortable! I moved out of the area and I still travel 2 1/2 hours to go to him. I can't bring myself to find a new doctor!
RID: 57332
20/11/06 3 5 5 I have recently moved out of the area and I am so sad to have to find a new OB/GYN. Dr. Poliakin cared for me for several years and delivered my last daughter. He always took wonderful care of me, and answered all of my questions with the most up to date answers. When my husband accompanied me to my prenatal appointments, Dr. P. included him, got to know him, something we didn't get with my first birth. He is a very special Dr.  Respond
RID: 53198
29/10/06 3 3 5 Dr. Poliakin is competent and knowledgeable. However, I've had mixed experiences with him. When I had a PPO, I received good care but when I had a HMO I got bad care. I felt like as a HMO patient I was second priority. For example, I was unable to see him for the majority of my pregnancy and instead was only able to interact with the nurse practioner. All my questions were always returned by the nurse practioner. So in the end, I have to wonder if money ultimately effects the quality of his care.  Respond
RID: 38123
28/07/06 4 5 5 He is the best I was actually sad after the birth of my daughter that I have to wait a year to see him. He is also so funny always made me laugh.
RID: 33086
22/06/06 1 5 5 It's true, he's the best! He can be frustrated at times and hard to read..., but he always does his job, he always calls you back and always smiles. He is upbeat and full of personality! I love him!!
Insurance: HealthPartners
RID: 33033
21/06/06 5 5 5 I love Dr. Poliakin he knows his stuff. He ia always willing to answer all of my questions.... He is caring and compasionate. I would recomend him Highly....  Respond
RID: 30779
23/05/06 3 5 5 Dr. Poliakin is an exceptional doctor. At times the wait can be long but his staff really tries to keep you informed.
Paid (or co-pay): $2000
RID: 30135
12/05/06 2 5 5 I went through several doctors before Dr. P. believed me and found out what my problems were. He is very caring, knowledgable, and is only late because he spends time with his patients whenthey need it.
RID: 30070
11/05/06 5 5 5 I've been using Dr Poliakin for 14 years now and would ever dream of changing. He was so compasionate when we miscarried several years ago and we felt he was part of the family when he delivered our daughter 2 years ago. He has incredible knowledge in several areas and ALWAYS makes you feel so at ease. The entire staff is wonderful.
RID: 30053
11/05/06 3 5 5 He is the best, I moved out of the area 3 yrs ago and I still drive 1 1/2 hrs for my appointment. If I do change is just to get someone closer.
RID: 24800
09/03/06 3 5 5 I love this doctor. I picked my insurance based on being able to see him. He is SIMPLY THE BEST!
RID: 21280
18/01/06 4 5 5 What an incredible doctor! He always calls back by the end of the day, he is always concerned and makes me feel like I am his only patient. What an awesome doctor - he delivered both my kids and I would not have trusted anyone else with my high-risk pregnancies!
RID: 15065
14/11/05 4 5 5 Dr.Poliakin is the best doctor ever!! He is brilliant and makes you feel so comfortable... I would never go anywhere else!! Not to mention he is absolutely gorgeous!!
RID: 14187
25/10/05 4 4 4 Dr. P is fun, smart, and encouraging! The only down side is... everyone loves him so he is always SO busy! It is a bit hard to get a hold of him all the time. But overall, I feel lucky to have him as my ob/gyn
RID: 11493
30/08/05 3 5 5 Dr. Poliakin is great,he made me feel soo comfortable, Hes very personable and caring. Not tomention he is adorable.
RID: 11186
24/08/05 4 5 5 He's wonderful. He's the first male doctor I've ever seen and he makes you feel so comfortable. He makes you feel like he's your father and answers all your questions. If you're concerned about something he doesn't try to convince you you're okay, he sends you to get tests if that will put you at ease.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 10404
09/08/05 2 5 5 Makes you feel very comfortable, great doctor, caring person
RID: 7958
03/06/05 4 5 5 Recommended by a nurse friend. All the nurses go to him. He is patient and extremely knowledgeable. No question is a dumb question. Great sense of humor and fantastic bedside manner. Couldn't ask for a better doc. The only reason he may not be on time is that he gives each patient his undivided attention. Love him!
RID: 4718
19/01/05 5 5 5 He's very knowledgable and has wonderful compassion/ communication skills
* - Rating left by a registered user