Rate Dr. Eugene Miknowski

Dr. Eugene Miknowski's Ratings

I am a long time patient and generally satisfied. Dr. Miknowski seems very competent and reasonable. His office is poorly run, however and could use more efficient, more courteous staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2058799].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2010

I am a regular patient of Dr. Miknowski's partner, Dr. Taubin. Dr. T. referred me to Dr. M. for diagnosis of severe pain throughout my body, above and beyond osteoarthritis. Dr. M. immediately asked all the right questions and knew what was wrong with me. He even went beyond and questioned me about a leg injury that is still healing. He is an old-world doctor with the type of intuitive knowledge that most younger doctors lack today, and I liked him immediately. Will continue to consult him for this particular condition. Because I see Dr. Taubin, I am all too familiar with the people who pass themselves off as office staff -- sadly, I have to agree with all those who complain about their incompetence, and about the long waits. The nurses, on the other hand, are quite nice and quite competent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2058798].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

The wait is too long over an hour and once you get to see him, he is in a hurry, and will briefly and barely answer your questions, if at all. He comes across as not knowing your case, but will try to wing his way around. The last three times I went to his office, I waited over an hour and had to stand in the hallway waiting to see him in his office, and once I got in his office I felt frustrated because he was in a hurry and didn't seem to know what was going on with me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2058797].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2008

I love Dr. Miknowskii!!! He always had time to talk to me about my problems and how I was feeling, but at the same time didn't overdramatize problems to make them seem more serious than they were. Too bad my insurance changed and I have to find a new doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2058796].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2008

Dr. M is a superb physician. Moreover, his referrals are always to first class specialists. He has treated my wife and I for 15 years, and I wouldn't consider shifting. I can only guess that the poor ratings reflected in other comments stem from his office organization, which is awful. He and his partner (another very able doctor)focus on patient medical care, not on smiling staff. Since he grew up in Russia, he evidently got used to the Communistic sytem which apparently didn't care about amenities. I have learned to get around the bureaucracy of his blase staff, since I know that Dr. M is superbly trained and dedicated to his work. Although I am not medically trained, many in my family are, and I confident in my ability to assess his credentials and competence. I recommend him highly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2058795].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2008

I found this doctor through my HMO when I first moved to DC from NYC. I had been diagnosed with severe RA by 4 rheumys and was doing well on Remicade when I can to Dr. M. He decided, after seeing me for 5 minutes, that I wasn''t "sick enough" for Remicade and wanted me to stay on prednisone! He was awful! I found another rheumy the next day (ironically around the corner) and was treated well. I have been at that practice for 8 years now, and am still thriving on Remicade. I wrote a complaint to my HMO about Dr. M and he was removed from the doctor listing (I wasn''t the only complaint).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2058794].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2008

I feel very privileged having this man as my doctor for over 10 years. He is busy. The office is full. But once in his care, he is serious, efficient, knowledgeable, and deeply involved. I couldn't ask for more.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2058793].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2008

While the staff isn't great, Dr. Miknowski is. He is knowledgable and thorough. He has always been willing to listen to me. In fact, the first thing he does when I see him is sit down and ask what is going on. I appreciate a doctor who does not rush to prescribe medicine and suggests lifestyle changes instead. I have never had trouble getting appointments or with long wait times. When I did have a medical emergency (severe allergic reaction) I had no problem getting an appoitment with him that day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2058792].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2008

I was referred to Dr. M over 5 years ago and would not think of changing. Yes, there is sometimes a wait; Yes, the front desk staff have not attended the Ritz-Carlton school of customer service. However, he is a very patient, kind and knowledgeable physician. A big plus - he is not all about pushing the drugs; he certainly takes a 306 degree approach to medicine (something refreshing in this day and age...) To the person with the 'lose weight' comment, my experience has been the complete opposite, many times he has assured me that my weight is fine! to forget about losing weight concentrate on healthy eating and excercise. (and I am not a size 0).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2058791].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2007

Terrific doctor. Yes, a long wait, especially in the afternoon is the norm; yes, his staff is not the friendliest or the most helpful; and yes, he's not as gregarious as some other doctors, BUT, he is professional, caring, thorough, and extremely knowledgeable. He listens, explains everything, and answers all your questions. To the poster who said that he wants everyone to lose weight...guess what, nearly everyone needs to. Unlike some doctors, writing a prescription is not always his first option, sometimes recommending lifestyle changes...exercise and yes, losing weight are what he tries first. I can't comment on people who think he's rude; I've never experienced a hint of that, but I wasn't in the room with them. But anyone who thinks that he doesn't care is flat out mistaken.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2058790].votes_count ]]