Dr. Elizabeth F. Callahan

Grad. Year: 1997

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Y
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 27/06/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 13 reviews. Dr. Elizabeth F. Callahan has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Does he consult with each patient?    Email me    Answer it

Dr. Elizabeth F. Callahan
Dermatologist-related: skin disease, warts, acne, rash, dermatitis, skin tumors, moles, skin cancer, psoriasis
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 4813480

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.7  Respond
RID: 2778756
20/08/13 2 5 1 2 I found Dr Callahan and her nurse at the time of my service to not have an ounce of empathy. I have a severe needle phobia/panic attacks. I spoke with reception on booking and was assured that would not be a problem for the staff or Doctor. They handle this problem all the time. That was not my experience at all. I was made to feel like a 2 year old, the doctor leaving the room in a very rude manner which prolonged the panic. Would not recommend her for any services. Mainly I think they are just for expensive facial products and procedures. Compassion is no where to be found in this practice.
RID: 2595824
21/03/13 5 4 5 5 Found everyone very helpful from front desk , to MA's to the Doctor and the Checkout desk. All staff here are very friendly
RID: 2546597
31/01/13 5 5 5 5 She has great credentials & runs a very professional, caring, clinic with great expertise in skin cancer surgery.  Respond
RID: 2505879
19/12/12 5 5 5 5 I am a women in my seventies who has lived in Sarasota for most of my life. Naturally my skin has experienced extensive sun exposure. I recently needed a dermatologist capable of handling cosmetic concerns and their solutions as well as any serious problems due to my aging skin. After doing research, I had selected Dr Callahan because she has the extensive training and experience to expertly treat any problems I might have. I felt that a women would be more understanding and sympathetic in dealing with a woman's cosmetic and medical dermatology issues. As an added plus, she is an animal lover, and is active in many charities benefiting animal welfare.
RID: 2181221
31/05/12 5 5 5 5 Wonderful experience. Brooke and Sandy took great care of me and made me feel as if I was the only patient in the office. I drive 150 miles now to have facials by April and Dr. Callahan's skin care line are pure gold.  Respond
RID: 2153167
21/05/12 5 5 5 5 The BEST Botox job I have ever had. I will not go to anyone else ever again. She has the BEST staff, its quick, and doesn't hurt, and looks PERFECT after it sets in. Thankyou Dr C!!!
Paid (or co-pay): $360
Respond

16/05/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2141266
14/05/12 5 5 5 5 I felt very welcomed and that I was going to be taken care of. I just moved here from northern Indiana, and found out that my dermatologist there was a resident under her at the Mayo Clinic! I have a lot of skin cancer lesions. She and her staff are very qualified. I would (and do) recommend her ALWAYS.
Respond

10/01/12 SYSTEM: City changed from "UNIVERSITY PARK" to "Sarasota"
RID: 1509933
11/08/11 5 5 5 5 Lovely & Warm. Cares about her patients very much.
RID: 1469443
21/06/11 4 4 5 5 My 90 year old mother went to Dr. Callahan for Mohs surgery to remove skin cancer from her leg. Dr. Callahan was extremely kind and helpful not only to my mother but also to me. She thoroughly and thoughtfully explained the procedure and she called us as a followup to the procedure to see how we were doing. The surgery was very successful and my mother is well on her way to recovery. I have to say a special thank you to Dr.. Callahan for her attentiveness. I would recommend her to anyone without any hesitation.
RID: 1372192
25/02/11 4 4 2 3 I did not feel cared about as a patient. I was rushed in and out. Understandably there were many surgeries scheduled, but that does not excuse poor 'bedside manners'. Dr. Callahan is skilled in surgery procedures, but I believe a second opinion would have served me well.  Respond
RID: 1200266
01/07/10 5 5 5 5 would recommend her to practice to everyone.she is very personable and so easy to talk to.
RID: 1041132
23/11/09 5 5 5 5 Excellent training and very professional..Communicated issues clearly and staff very helpful and professional
* - Rating left by a registered user