Dr. Walter J. Grace

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 17 reviews. Dr. Walter J. Grace has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dentist-related: cavities, gum disease, teeth cleaning, dental care, gingivitis
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Walter" to "Walter J."
RID: 2582010
11/03/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Grace personifies "a gentleman and a scholar.". He goes to great lengths to answer any questions you have in a pleasant and friendly way. It's obvious he keeps up with the latest techniques. He's Number One in my book.
Insurance: Delta Dental
RID: 2387490
29/07/12 4 5 5 5 Do not expect a fancy office. Dr. Grace is a caring dentist who puts his patients at ease. He is appropriately conservative and is not about over selling you dental work, which I appreciate. I had a dental emergency on a Sunday and he called me within 10 minutes to make sure that I was not in pain. I have recommended him to my colleagues, who also believe that Dr. Grace is a top notch dentist. I would recommend him to anyone.  Respond

22/05/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1410355
08/04/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Grace is unusual in that he genuinely cares for his patients and lets you know upfront about what should be done and the costs involved. And he has a sense of humor. I used to dread going to the dentist, but there is no fear of the unknown when you have Dr. Grace for your dentist as he explains everything that is involved. He's A-1 in my book.  Respond
RID: 1006386
09/10/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Grace was on time. He was great at explaining how to take care of my teeth and he answered all my questions. I will continue to go to Dr. Grace for all my dental work. He is great and so is the staff.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 948086
27/07/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Grace was fantastic! He was great to work with and had many great suggesstions for me regarding my oral health. I highly recommend Dr. Grace.
RID: 932691
09/07/09 5 5 5 5 He and his staff are wonderful. I've been going to him for the past 14 years and he is GREAT and takes really good care of my teeth.
Insurance: MAMSI
RID: 905109
04/06/09 5 5 5 5 I have seen Dr. Grace for more than 20 years. He is unfailing thorough, helpful and educational! His concern is always his patients' welfare. His staff is also outstanding. I would recommend this office to everyone.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 878441
05/05/09 5 5 5 5 I've been seeing Dr. Grace for several years. He's concientious about not performing unnecessary procedures, which is a rarity. He's thorough, concerned about his patients, and happy to work you in if you have an emergency. His staff is friendly and helpful. I highly recommend his office.  Respond
RID: 846674
30/03/09 5 5 5 5 I have been going to doctor Grace for about 13 years and he is a great dentist.He take his time with me because i am teriffic of the dentist, when it comes to getting a needle.He talk to me about how he is going to do everything.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 784470
08/02/09 5 5 5 5 Made me feel really comfortable. Took time to explain everything and answer all my questions. After one visit I have already recommended him to others.
RID: 749725
26/12/08 5 5 5 5 I love Dr. Grace. I have had to have 2 root canals... yes the dreaded root canal. He told me evrything I needed to know, worked with my insurance the whole 9 yards. Plus because of my fear of needles, he always remembers that I need gas first.
Insurance: Humana
RID: 701707
14/10/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Grace was on time and his staff was very friendly. My office co-workers all recommended him and they were right. He spent time before he treated me explaining what was to be done. I'll definitely refer others.
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $700
RID: 666940
17/08/08 2 4 1 1 One of the worst dentist I have been to. He seems to be more interested in reimbursement from insurance company than patient's care and comfort. I asked him to give me more novacaine and he continued with procedure without listening to me. I want to know what is up with him taking off his gloves, and placing them on the counter, and reusing them. Is that really hygenic?
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 440303
06/11/07 4 5 5 5 Great Dentist. He told me everything he was doing. Was so kind and really cared. He also did a great job cleaning my teeth. I have sent many other people his way. Overall wonderful person and does a great job!
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 438814
04/11/07 5 5 5 5 This was my first visit to the dentist. The staff was friendly. The doctor was very knowledgeable. He explained what he was doing and why it is important to floss. The doctor cleaned my teeth not a hyginist so I felt like my teeth were super clean. I will definitely go back and would highly recommend him to friends.
Insurance: Delta Dental
RID: 46635
21/09/06 5 2 3 Well, the doctor is very nice, but I had trouble with him not following up on things with my insurance company. I needed to get a filling replaced and he was going to price it out before we did it. He never did..and I still haven't gotten my filling replaced. I'm going to anothter dentist.  Respond
RID: 16524
30/11/05 5 5 5 I saw Dr. Grace for a routine cleaning. His staff was very friendly and he took me back right on time. He chatted the whole time he cleaned, sort of a mini-lecture on teeth, which helped to distract from any discomfort. He did not attempt to ask me questions while working in my mouth. He's very knowledgeable, though more on the "thorough" rather than "gentle" end of the cleaning spectrum.  Respond