Dr. R. BAUER Vaughters

Grad. Year: 1998

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.1 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 22 reviews. Dr. R. BAUER Vaughters has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: what is.the fax number?    Email me    Answer it
Q: Does this doctor accept Tricare?    Email me    Answer it
Q: Does this doctor accept Tricare?    Email me    Answer it

Endocrinologist-related: Cushing's syndrome, hyperthyroidism, hypogonadism, metabolic bone disease, diabetes mellitus, pituitary dysfunction, neuroendocrinology, diabetes, pancreas, pituitary gland, ovaries, testes, thyroid, adrenal glands
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5420682

23/04/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.3  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Bauer" to "Bauer B."
RID: 2837403
05/09/13 2 1 1 3 I have been to the office several times. I have only seen the Dr. once, the other times I saw the PA. The staff, including the PA, spoke very harshly at times. They programed my insulin pump incorrectly, which caused other health issues. They always seemed to busy to re-check things, return a phone call, or schedule a visit. I have sat in the waiting room for hours at a time. They seem to be very bothered when I had questions regarding my health. I would have liked to have seem the Dr more than the PA.
RID: 2811299
24/08/13 2 2 4 3 The staff leaves a lot to be desired. I had to go back twice to get the "right" blood work done because they had called in the wrong order after not telling me what blood work was to be done and when (time of day) it had to be done. Took me a full week and 3 trips to get the blood drawn. The Dr. was better than some I have been to recently, but again, when his staff called me with the results, they talked about a condition that no one thought I had... and didn't mention what I came in the office to have checked at all. His office and practice would be top notch with better staff. I'll be going else where for less hassle and better service for now.
RID: 2707311
12/07/13 5 1 3 4 Long waits - at least one hour- to see doctor. Patients are taken out of order. Poor bedside manner. There is apparently a need for at least one or two more endocrinologists in Aiken. Will get future medical care in Augusta.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2693974
25/06/13 5 3 5 5 I have been very pleased with the help I received regarding my health from Dr. Vaughters. I did have to wait quite awhile before being called back to a room on lst visit but I understand how busy any doctors office can get. He listened to me, answered my questions, did not make me feel like he was rushing through my appointments. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is in need of an endocrinologist.
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 2609273
05/04/13 3 5 5 5 I love dr vaughters. He saved my life. He was very caring and helped me through a bad time. His staff does seem stressed probably because they are a very busy practice. Pam Pou
Paid (or co-pay): $69
RID: 2527289
10/01/13 5 4 5 5 Excellent physician with very knowledgeable staff. Everyone is extreemly polite and helpful.
RID: 2502705
16/12/12 2 1 3 3 Rude staff, unacceptable wait times, poor knowledge of condition. I am a former patient and have since gone to a much better endocrinologist in Augusta.
RID: 2478633
19/11/12 5 5 5 5 He was very helpful in my husbands health issue/ He sent us in the proper direction to get his medical needs met. He was very good to me (the Wife) and my husband (his patient). I would highly recommend him & his services to anyone who is in need of his profession!!!
Insurance: HealthFirst
RID: 2464095
02/11/12 1 1 1 2 I have had two scheduled visits so far and only the first of these did I get to see the doctor. The physician assistant I saw secondly was not well-informed of my health. Staff is not friendly. Everything dealing with his practice seems to be confusing and disorganized. They don't seem to keep good records including lab reports, addresses/ph and fax numbers of patient's Labs/Pharmacy/etc. They don't follow-up and contact you of your lab work. I call and will ask about a blood work taken on a particular day and they'll give results from another date. A scheduled MRI was never preauthorized by the doc and I had to inform them that they had to contact the insurance company. I can't judge his knowledge yet because I have only seen him once and haven't seen much difference in my health yet. If there were any other endocrinologists near where I live, I would shop around for another. I only hope he knows what he's doing. Looking to the next appointment and hopefully some good news.
Respond

29/02/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1690251
18/01/12 1 1 2 2 My mother was referred to this MD because his father is her primary MD. During her postop visit we waited approx 4hrs to see the MD. For some reason her chart was not pulled and other patients that arrived after her were seen before her. When I called this to the office staff attention, they were very rude. It is apparent that the MD sets the tone of his office - he is rude and unattentive so it passes to his staff. I am advising my mother to change to another physician. Surely, he is not the endocrinologist in the CSRA!  Respond
RID: 1578265
03/11/11 1 1 2 5 Wow, everyone is on target with the long wait. I've gone for years and am usually in the office for 2 hours or more. Why do I tolerate the wait? I've gone to different Endocrinologists over the years and he is the only one that can keep my thyroid reading level. That does not excuse the inconsideration of my time. Also, it is very difficult to get a prescription if it is not exactly the product he wants to prescribe. He must read these reviews because his character has softened in the last couple of year.
RID: 1559684
12/10/11 1 2 2 3 Dr. Vaughter is a personable young endochrinologist but not Board certified. His office staff is the worst I ever seen - unfriendly, unprofessional, make fun of patients behind their back, and do not followup on referrals or appointments and do not return calls or e-mails. They also will not call in prescription refills. I had enough and switched to a doctor in Augusta.
RID: 1547305
26/09/11 5 3 5 5 Dr Vaughters saved my life!!! My thyroid was grownin down into my chest and he found what was happening and recommended surgery I had surgery and am doing fine. He has always been professional with me, as for childre in the waiting room they do not need to be there unless they are seeing the doctor. Yes two hours is a long wait, but to me he is worth it there is very few endocrinlogist locally that they are all busy he has always answered my questions some of you people that compain need to get a grip on life it does not revolve around you. I like my doctor!! I come all the way from Greenwood, SC because we do not have an endocrinologist here. I have been seeing this doctor since 2008.
RID: 1485535
13/07/11 1 3 1 1 I have never had a doctor who rolls his eyes and slams his hands down on the table. I find these actions very child like. This is not someone I want over seeing my health issues. Instead of telling women they are depressed he needs to look into why he has such a short fuse. Maybe being a doctor is not his calling.
RID: 1447367
23/05/11 1 1 1 3 Have waited up to 2 hours in waiting room on several occasions. I have waited up to 6 weeks to get lab results back after calling. Have left several messages with nurses and haven't received calls back.
Paid (or co-pay): $40
RID: 1383353

09/03/11 2 1 1 2 Dr appears pleasant but has way too many patients doesn't return phone calls ; nurse assistant incompetent, can't report blood results within 7 days..
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $400
RID: 1354480
03/02/11 1 1 2 1 I have seen this doctor 3 or 4 times in the past 2 years only to recieve the same experiences. This doctor is very unproffesional and explosive. He has a very terrible bedside manner. The average wait in his waiting room averages 2 hours for a scheduled appointment. Not to mention a good thirty minutes once you are in the exam room. The receptionists are very rude and short. To make it even more of a bad experience no children are aloud in the office. I am so very dissappointed, wasted money, emotional distress, and unproffesionalism rolled in one. I would not waste my time or money here again.
RID: 1144990
07/04/10 2 2 1 2 I only saw this doctor three times but all three times, I was kept waiting. Once he didn't even come into see me. Twice he came across as arrogant and in a hurry.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 992815
22/09/09 1 3 1 1 Dr Vaughters is one of the worst physicians I've ever met,he had no knowledge of ACTH secreting Tumors,Ectopic Tumors,or Thyroid Glands. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone,and I feel sorry for the patients that already waste their precious time and money to see this QUACK..  Respond
RID: 773474
26/01/09 3 4 4 5 Dr.Vaughters is an excellent physician and really cares about his patients total health. It is such a relief to find a doctor who has such excellent bedside manner and is very knowledgeable.  Respond
RID: 632311
07/07/08 5 4 5 5 Dr. Vaughters and his staff has help me. He is blunt and it helped me to understand my condition. His staff is friendly and helpful.
Paid (or co-pay): $25