Rate Dr. R. BAUER Vaughters

Dr. R. BAUER Vaughters's Ratings

I have been to the office several times. I have only seen the Dr. once, the other times I saw the PA. The staff, including the PA, spoke very harshly at times. They programed my insulin pump incorrectly, which caused other health issues. They always seemed to busy to re-check things, return a phone call, or schedule a visit. I have sat in the waiting room for hours at a time. They seem to be very bothered when I had questions regarding my health. I would have liked to have seem the Dr more than the PA.

Submitted Sept. 5, 2013 | flag

The staff leaves a lot to be desired. I had to go back twice to get the "right" blood work done because they had called in the wrong order after not telling me what blood work was to be done and when (time of day) it had to be done. Took me a full week and 3 trips to get the blood drawn. The Dr. was better than some I have been to recently, but again, when his staff called me with the results, they talked about a condition that no one thought I had... and didn't mention what I came in the office to have checked at all. His office and practice would be top notch with better staff. I'll be going else where for less hassle and better service for now.

Submitted Aug. 24, 2013 | flag

Long waits - at least one hour- to see doctor. Patients are taken out of order. Poor bedside manner. There is apparently a need for at least one or two more endocrinologists in Aiken. Will get future medical care in Augusta.

Submitted July 12, 2013 | flag

I have been very pleased with the help I received regarding my health from Dr. Vaughters. I did have to wait quite awhile before being called back to a room on lst visit but I understand how busy any doctors office can get. He listened to me, answered my questions, did not make me feel like he was rushing through my appointments. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is in need of an endocrinologist.

Submitted June 25, 2013 | flag

I love dr vaughters. He saved my life. He was very caring and helped me through a bad time. His staff does seem stressed probably because they are a very busy practice. Pam Pou

Submitted April 5, 2013 | flag

Excellent physician with very knowledgeable staff. Everyone is extreemly polite and helpful.

Submitted Jan. 10, 2013 | flag

Rude staff, unacceptable wait times, poor knowledge of condition. I am a former patient and have since gone to a much better endocrinologist in Augusta.

Submitted Dec. 16, 2012 | flag

He was very helpful in my husbands health issue/ He sent us in the proper direction to get his medical needs met. He was very good to me (the Wife) and my husband (his patient). I would highly recommend him & his services to anyone who is in need of his profession!!!

Submitted Nov. 19, 2012 | flag

I have had two scheduled visits so far and only the first of these did I get to see the doctor. The physician assistant I saw secondly was not well-informed of my health. Staff is not friendly. Everything dealing with his practice seems to be confusing and disorganized. They don't seem to keep good records including lab reports, addresses/ph and fax numbers of patient's Labs/Pharmacy/etc. They don't follow-up and contact you of your lab work. I call and will ask about a blood work taken on a particular day and they'll give results from another date. A scheduled MRI was never preauthorized by the doc and I had to inform them that they had to contact the insurance company. I can't judge his knowledge yet because I have only seen him once and haven't seen much difference in my health yet. If there were any other endocrinologists near where I live, I would shop around for another. I only hope he knows what he's doing. Looking to the next appointment and hopefully some good news.

Submitted Nov. 2, 2012 | flag

My mother was referred to this MD because his father is her primary MD. During her postop visit we waited approx 4hrs to see the MD. For some reason her chart was not pulled and other patients that arrived after her were seen before her. When I called this to the office staff attention, they were very rude. It is apparent that the MD sets the tone of his office - he is rude and unattentive so it passes to his staff. I am advising my mother to change to another physician. Surely, he is not the endocrinologist in the CSRA!

Submitted Jan. 18, 2012 | flag