Rate Dr. Alexander C. Black

Dr. Alexander C. Black's Ratings

Dr Black is the best doctor I ever had, he treated me for three different cancers and when I was stuck in hospital for nearly a year Dr Black would visit every day and spent at least 30 mintuies with me. At office vists he listens to every question that I have and answers so I can understand them. I would recommended Dr Black to any person who needs a cancer doctor, HE IS THE BEST

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2589626].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

Dr. Black is far to busy to care for his patients. He is not thorough and does not check up on the patient himself, he delegates everything. I would defiantly recommend getting a second or third opinion before trusting Dr. Black.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2513981].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2014

I unfortunately did not have a positive experience under Dr. Black's care. A blood test was missed and he said not to bother, and a year later when I had the test my cancer had metastasized. Had the test been run, I would've been treated 6 months sooner with less cancer spread. I now see his partner and I feel that I am in much better hands. Dr. Black is okay but he does not listen well. HE formulates his response before the patient is done talking. I wish I could give him 5 stars but I was his patient for 10 years; he did see me through chemo and radiation but I do not get the impression that he allows himself to develop a personal relationship with any of them. I thought this was the norm until I went to his associate - that oncologist truly cares, listens, and is invested in his patients. I think Black has just gotten too busy to care. It's unfortunate because I am sure his technical skills are excellent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][769968].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2013

I have been in Dr Black's care since November 2010 when I was diagnosed with colon cancer. The first time I decided to forgo chemo after much discussion, a decision Dr. Black supported. Unfortunately,I had a second cancer & had to undergo chemo. Dr. Black & his staff are wonderful. I think he is an amazing doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][769967].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2013

Dr. Black and his staff are the BEST! They took care of me for a year while I was undergoing cancer treatment. They really care about you and your treatment. Dr. Black has a superb bedside manner and he individualizes your care. Wonderful place to be treated. They SAVED MY LIFE!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][769966].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2010

I was a patient of Dr. Black's when he was practicing in Maine several years ago. I would recommend him to anyone. He is very knowledgable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][769965].votes_count ]]