Rate Dr. Michael B. Albert

Dr. Michael B. Albert's Ratings

Dr. Albert has a very compassionate manner; I only wish he had the medical knowledge to go with it. He made a number of mistakes in treating me (small, luckily, but one involved ordering the wrong X-ray study and I underwent the wrong preparation. Fortunately the radiologist's nurse caught the error). He prescribed doses of medications for my condition that were not effective, according to all the medical texts I looked at; he would get worried about things, discuss them with me at length, and then not change them... I felt like he was under-experienced and needed supervision from a more experienced doctor. I liked him personally and would have stayed with him, but the errors and poor choices worried me too much.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2527372].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 7, 2014

Had my biopsy done by Dr. Albert in 1992. Results immediately = Celiac Disease. I suffered for years but he was the only one who knew what it was and suggested the biopsy. I owe my life to Dr. Albert, I was not obsorbing all the nutrients needed to survive. I had lost 60 lbs and was very sick. He was the nicest, most knowledgable doctor I had ever seen. Twenty-one years ago not everyone knew about Celiac Disease, but he did; must be his schooling/education. When I met him he was working at Washington University, DC and the biopsy was performed at Sibley Hospital. I see he is still affiliated with those hospitals and patients are so lucky to have him still there. In my book he deserves higher than a 5. Thanks doc; I live in CT now, Shirley

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][770222].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2013

As far as I'm concerned Dr. Albert is the best. He is kind, compassionate and very knowledgeable. He is never to busy to answer your questions and is prompt when returning your phone calls. I wouldn't go to anyone else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][770221].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

Treated my daughter and, as far as I am concerned, did a wonderful job and was also compassionate. At one point she called his office while she was experiencing distressing symptoms. He got on the phone immediately and told her what medication to take and calmed her down.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][770220].votes_count ]]