Dr. Elliott B. Hershman

Grad. Year: 1979

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. Elliott B. Hershman has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: i had a reconstructed acl and after 8 months the graft tore can he repair this problem and my insurance is blue coss blue shield?    Email me    Answer it

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5623337
08/07/14 5 4 5 5 Aside being a gem of a person he is a physician with utmost dedication to his patients and has amazing patience and bedside manner. He leaves his files and computer outside the examination room and is all ears to hear every word the patient speaks - he's all ears, and not distracted by files. That he studies up before he enters the room. He's a top expert and not afraid to make a physician's experience d decision. He cared and called a day or so later to see how I was feeling - not a secretary call or a call from the front desk and," hold on, Dr. Herschmann would like to talk to you" type call. He called cuz he genuinely cares! He could make all the money a doctor could make treating the big wigs but instead he is a doctor serving mankind of all G-d's creation. Top rate doctor in all areas! Short in physical stature but a giant man!
RID: 5335575

07/04/14 5 5 5 5 Simply the best. Yes the wait time is long however he spends an unbelievable amount of time reviewing your issue, is extremely caring and considerate and you feel like he is part of the family.. Myself, my husband were/are both patients and now our daughter is in his care. Have recommended him to everyone we know and wouldn't go with anyone else. Again, simply the best and kindest Dr out there. Rating - Priceless!!!
RID: 5232043
10/03/14 5 5 5 5 I know Dr Hershman for over 30 years . He is the most amazing and best Doctor . Over the years I have needed to call him and consult with him on additional surgeries . He referred me to other specialists and was always there for me . He has always responded to my calls promptly and has always treated me as a person not an x-Ray . I have recommended him many many times and will continue to do so . I wish more Doctors where like him ! Thank you Dr Hershman for listening and caring . Robyn Baumgarten
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 3598907
07/11/13 5 4 5 5 He is a knee expert, the best around. If the Jets, Islanders, and World Cup Soccer players trust him with their knees then so should you. I had a lateral meniscus tear, his surgery was great. I was playing baskteball again in no time with no limitations.
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Elliott" to "Elliott B."
RID: 2851908
12/09/13 5 5 5 5 Simply, he is the knee guy. His knowledge and bed side manner are unsurpassed
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 2648939
15/05/13 5 5 5 5 DR. Hershman is the best- very knowledgeable and personable. I suffered a serious knee injury and from the moment I met him I felt at ease in regards to my recovering from it. Last year, Dr. Hershman performed a multiligament knee reconstruction on me. My recovery is speedy and without any complications. My scars are very thin, nearly unnoticeable. I always look forward to my next appointment with him. I see him in his Manhattan office and the wait time is minimal. I never feel rushed and he patiently answers all my questions. I recommend Dr. Hershman to anyone with a sport injury to the knee. I must mention his physician assistant Michelle, she is wonderful as well. Great team!
RID: 2507643
20/12/12 4 4 4 4 I went to Dr.Hershman Nov. 2012 with bad pain in my knee and ankle. His assistant did the physical exam, Dr Hershman was not in the room at that time. He came in, looked at the written X Ray report for 20 seconds, which I brought him from somewhere else and said that there was nothing more than a little arthritis in my knee, without ever doing any physical exam on me. I left and was in such pain that 3 weeks later I went to another doctor who examined by knee and said he thought it was a miniscus tear, due to the pain in certain positions and sent me for an MRI. He was right. If Dr. Hershman had examined me, he would have come to the same conclusion. Not doing his job at the very basic level, left me in terrible pain for weeks.Awful experience.
RID: 1550495
30/09/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Hershman performed a bi-lateral ACL reconstruction on my knees back in 1992 when this was pretty much unheard of. From beginning to end he was there and very cordial. He did an amazing job on both of my knees and was so responsive to me that he once returned a message I had left for him while he was standing in the wind tunnel at halftime of a Jets game. Both my sister and father have also had knee surgeries perfromed by Dr. Hershman and were very happy with the results. To this day, if I call regarding any issue, he will take my call or get back to me promptly. I couldn't imagine a better doctor.  Respond
RID: 1409408
07/04/11 4 4 5 5 I had ACL reconstruction surgery at age 45. Result has been excellent. No issues after 7 years.  Respond
RID: 1177298
26/05/10 5 5 5 5 He is simply the best doctor. He performed knee surgery and his bedside manner was like I was a family member. He truley cares !  Respond
RID: 1144431
07/04/10 5 3 5 5 Dr. Herschman is WONDERFUL! Fantastic doctor, highly skilled, super nice and caring. Took the time to listen to patient concerns and explained everything. He is the BEST!
Paid (or co-pay): $320
RID: 1057316
14/12/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Hershman is fantastic. He is thoroughly professional, kind, friendly and knows his stuff. I would definitely recommend him to anyone for joint care.
RID: 1011508
16/10/09 5 2 5 5 Dr.Hershman is a God. He explains everything and makes you feel comfortable. The wait is long to see him but once you are in the exam room with him he gives you all his time. I recommend hum to everyone.. If only all drs. could be like him.
RID: 862974
16/04/09 5 5 5 5 Excellent surgeon. Explained everything in detail ahead of time. I have recommended him to many colleagues who had the same experience. Performed surgery for a minor meniscus tear. Even the Physical Therapist recognized him as a premier surgeon. Could not be happier to have him do the surgery.
RID: 862955
16/04/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Hershman repaired my meniscus on 4/16/09 and I was thrilled with every quality of his professionalism, along with his staff. Even though I am a New England Patriots fan, he treated me thoroughly, answered all of my questions, was punctual to all appointments and incredibly knowledgeable and caring. How I wish he was the one that Tom Brady had gone to. Why isn't there a doctor in all of California as good as Dr. Hersham!
RID: 633271
08/07/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Hershman performed ACL reconstructive surgery on my knee in 1989. I am an avid skier and had abused my knees for the 27 years leading up to the surgery. When I came in for a consult along with my MRI and a clearly torn ACL, he told me that I could live my entire life without surgery, but it would be my decision as to if and when I needed the repair. He was in no rush to put me under the knife. He fitted me for a brace but less than a year later I decided I needed the surgery. He repared the ACL and badly torn meniscus. The surgery was quite invasive taking almost 4 hours and involving a nerve block due to the complexity of the procedure and the extent of the damage. 20 years later I can say with great conviction that Dr. Hershman's work on me was fantastic. I still ski aggressively, without pain and with full range of motion. Dr. H is the best. His waiting room is crowded for a reason. Be a patient patient. Trust me.
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $13000
RID: 586151
09/05/08 5 5 5 5 Went to see him for a second opinion on a torn meniscus. Carefully examined the MRI with me and gave me willingly of his time. Never got the sense that he was too busy or too proud because he was the team physician for the New York Jets or because of his international reputation. A really nice guy. If I decide to do the surgery he is my man.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 232050
26/03/07 4 5 5 Fantastic dr and person. I certainly wouldn't go anywhere else. You may wait a while but he is definately worth it. His follow ups are great and always calls back personally if you have a question or concern. If I had to do another knee surgery I would go to him. I've recommened him to all friends and family.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 59754
28/11/06 1 3 5 Dr Hershman is the only doctor at Pro Health in Lake Success that can keep you waiting between 1 - 2 hours w/o an apology. He's arrogant and eager to pass on his older patients to other drs. who accept Medicare. But there is no escaping his knowledge of orthopedics and his prognoses. In these respects, he is comparable to the best, except that he does not work at Hospital for Special Surgery.
RID: 34929
07/07/06 4 5 5 Wonderful surgeon, very nice and friendly. Fit my surgery into his schedule last minute. Extremely helpful and encouraging. I would recommend him to anyone with knee problems. Waiting room is busy in the afternoon - first appointment of the day was a "no-wait" situation.  Respond
RID: 16485
30/11/05 1 1 3 The man was never on time, often more than an hour later than scheduled appt. Only happy to work with sports stars. Will work with you until you have medicare, then drops you from his practice, although I would have left anyway once I found the md I'm working with now.
* - Rating left by a registered user