Rate Dr. Elliott B. Hershman

Dr. Elliott B. Hershman's Ratings

Had a knee reconstruction 10+ years ago, since then I've played college rugby and ice hockey, zero problems. Dr. H is the best

Submitted Aug. 20, 2014 | flag

Aside being a gem of a person he is a physician with utmost dedication to his patients and has amazing patience and bedside manner. He leaves his files and computer outside the examination room and is all ears to hear every word the patient speaks - he's all ears, and not distracted by files. That he studies up before he enters the room. He's a top expert and not afraid to make a physician's experience d decision. He cared and called a day or so later to see how I was feeling - not a secretary call or a call from the front desk and," hold on, Dr. Herschmann would like to talk to you" type call. He called cuz he genuinely cares! He could make all the money a doctor could make treating the big wigs but instead he is a doctor serving mankind of all G-d's creation. Top rate doctor in all areas! Short in physical stature but a giant man!

Submitted July 8, 2014 | flag

Simply the best. Yes the wait time is long however he spends an unbelievable amount of time reviewing your issue, is extremely caring and considerate and you feel like he is part of the family.. Myself, my husband were/are both patients and now our daughter is in his care. Have recommended him to everyone we know and wouldn't go with anyone else. Again, simply the best and kindest Dr out there. Rating - Priceless!!!

Submitted April 7, 2014 | flag

I know Dr Hershman for over 30 years . He is the most amazing and best Doctor . Over the years I have needed to call him and consult with him on additional surgeries . He referred me to other specialists and was always there for me . He has always responded to my calls promptly and has always treated me as a person not an x-Ray . I have recommended him many many times and will continue to do so . I wish more Doctors where like him ! Thank you Dr Hershman for listening and caring . Robyn Baumgarten

Submitted March 10, 2014 | flag

He is a knee expert, the best around. If the Jets, Islanders, and World Cup Soccer players trust him with their knees then so should you. I had a lateral meniscus tear, his surgery was great. I was playing baskteball again in no time with no limitations.

Submitted Nov. 7, 2013 | flag

Simply, he is the knee guy. His knowledge and bed side manner are unsurpassed

Submitted Sept. 12, 2013 | flag

DR. Hershman is the best- very knowledgeable and personable. I suffered a serious knee injury and from the moment I met him I felt at ease in regards to my recovering from it. Last year, Dr. Hershman performed a multiligament knee reconstruction on me. My recovery is speedy and without any complications. My scars are very thin, nearly unnoticeable. I always look forward to my next appointment with him. I see him in his Manhattan office and the wait time is minimal. I never feel rushed and he patiently answers all my questions. I recommend Dr. Hershman to anyone with a sport injury to the knee. I must mention his physician assistant Michelle, she is wonderful as well. Great team!

Submitted May 15, 2013 | flag

I went to Dr.Hershman Nov. 2012 with bad pain in my knee and ankle. His assistant did the physical exam, Dr Hershman was not in the room at that time. He came in, looked at the written X Ray report for 20 seconds, which I brought him from somewhere else and said that there was nothing more than a little arthritis in my knee, without ever doing any physical exam on me. I left and was in such pain that 3 weeks later I went to another doctor who examined by knee and said he thought it was a miniscus tear, due to the pain in certain positions and sent me for an MRI. He was right. If Dr. Hershman had examined me, he would have come to the same conclusion. Not doing his job at the very basic level, left me in terrible pain for weeks.Awful experience.

Submitted Dec. 20, 2012 | flag

Dr. Hershman performed a bi-lateral ACL reconstruction on my knees back in 1992 when this was pretty much unheard of. From beginning to end he was there and very cordial. He did an amazing job on both of my knees and was so responsive to me that he once returned a message I had left for him while he was standing in the wind tunnel at halftime of a Jets game. Both my sister and father have also had knee surgeries perfromed by Dr. Hershman and were very happy with the results. To this day, if I call regarding any issue, he will take my call or get back to me promptly. I couldn't imagine a better doctor.

Submitted Sept. 30, 2011 | flag

I had ACL reconstruction surgery at age 45. Result has been excellent. No issues after 7 years.

Submitted April 7, 2011 | flag