Rate Dr. Jeffrey Y. Lin

Dr. Jeffrey Y. Lin's Ratings

An amazingly skilled surgeon, and a sweetheart of a guy. He performed laparascopic surgery on me and I can barely see the scars. I can't recommend him highly enough.

Submitted Nov. 26, 2011 | flag

I saw Dr. Lin to have a cyst removed. He is a very skilled, competent, and highly recommended surgeon, and did not push me into anything that seemed unnecessary or extreme (unlike many other gynecologists I have seen). I felt very safe in his hands and trusted his opinions. However, he is very business like and doesn't have much of a "bed-side manner." Moreover, he is VERY difficult to reach and rarely responds to followup questions regarding your condition or upcoming surgery outside of your office appointment time. About half of his staff are very nice but the other half are noticeably unhelpful.

Submitted Aug. 26, 2010 | flag

Dr Lin treated me 18 years ago and so when I had a new problem I went back to him. I would highly recommend him. He takes the time to explain options and risk/benefit of those options. I always felt he had my best interest in mind when treating me. I never felt rushed out the door as I have with other physicians. His offfice staff is also kind and efficient.

Submitted July 7, 2009 | flag

I have a somewhat rare condition which there has been a lot of research about lately. I'm trying not to judge Dr. Lin too harshly because I went to 2 other doctors before him, and he knew way more than either of them. However, he clearly was not up on all the latest info about my condition. I ended up getting an appointment with the foremost expert on my condition, and she confirmed that Dr. Lin was incorrect in a few things he said to me. On the other hand, Dr. Lin had told me that the answers to quite of few of my questions simply were not known, and he was right on about that. (My previous doctors had given me some statistics that I think they must have just made up spot.) I appreciate a doctor who is willing to admit he is not all-knowing. In addition, Dr. Lin was very comforting and overall made it seem like this was an issue we could successfully deal with. His treatment plan would have been adequate. I would definitely feel comfortable in his care and recommend him to anyone.

Submitted April 15, 2009 | flag

Dr. Lin is a very impressive doctor. I went to him because my regular gyn recommended him for a hysterectomy. On my 1st visit, he reviewed the facts, called my gyn for additional information and then developed a "plan." If it was okay with me, we would try all avenues before thinking about surgery. I like that line of thinking. He took a biopsy, did another PAP and gave me a hormone prescription to try for 3 months. Based on the results of the tests he took, and my three months of taking medication, he will determine the way we will proceed. He came across as very caring, very knowledgeable and willing to find the root of the problem before doing surgery. His staff was very helpful and pleasant. I would definitely recommend Dr. Lin to anyone who needs a knowledgeable and understanding gyn/oncologist.

Submitted Feb. 6, 2008 | flag

Dr. Lin is excellent. I had a very large fibroid that my previous Gyncologist wasn't able to remove due to the size and location. He was knowledgeable, skillful, effecient and truthful. I would recommend him to any one.

Submitted Nov. 12, 2007 | flag

It did take a while for him to see me, but when he did, he provided quite a bit of very useful, relevant information. He answered all my questions and more. And when I asked about some contradictory information I had found in an article, he asked for me to send it to him. While he politely disagreed, he was not opposed to researching more.

Submitted March 26, 2007 | flag

I first consulted Dr. Lin in 1992 for cervical cancer. He is extremely knowledgeable, sensitive, respectful, and skilled. He operated and provided excellent follow-up care. I have continued as his patient and benefited from his counsel on issues involved hormone replacement therapy, breast nodules, and other GYN problems. He is personally caring, calling me at home when necessary, and remembering my family and asking about them at each visit. He is one of the finest physicians I have ever encountered.

Submitted July 10, 2006 | flag

Suffering from an extended case of post-partum hormone imbalance, I went to see this doctor. When I relayed to him my immediate family's extensive history of certain cancers, he told me I was "wrong"; that I didn't know what I was talking about. !! I also had been advised by other doctors and medical professionals to request a specific (inexpensive and covered by insurance) lab panel as a good first step in diagnosing and treating my problem. I had done some extensive research on this issue and knew that this was a valid request, given my symptoms and complaints. He flatly refused my request for the lab panel, and stated that it was too time consuming and that it wouldn't yield any meaningful results. When I tried to convey the results of my research to him, he and his residents began to badger me about the 'best thing to do for your problem is to see a psychiatrist'.

Submitted Nov. 30, 2005 | flag