Rate Dr. Raymond J. Olkin

Dr. Raymond J. Olkin's Ratings

I have seen Dr Olkin multiple times since 2004 for a variety of foot issues including ingrown toenails and neuropathy. Without a doubt, he has been the most communicative, friendly, and responsive doctor I have known. He is a patient listener, seeks other information about other health issues and universally has positive suggestions both for the immediate issue and for potential related concerns.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][771764].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Olkin for over 30 years for various problems with my feet, including a surgery for ingrown toe nails. He is the most knowledgeable podiatrist in the DC/VA area and the most caring and pleasant doctor to have. When my very aged mother had a major surgery and I could not drive her to his office, he even came to our house, a 40 mile drive, during a weekend, to take care of her feet's problems.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][771763].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

I have been having a problem for several years, with pain under the ball of one of my feet, and had been to a number of podiatrists in this area. I was almost ready to give up, but the problem had recently been getting worse, so I decided to "try again", and decided to try another doctor, in this case, Dr. Olkin. I was really amazed with my first visit. He sat with me for the better part of an hour, LISTENING to me explain my symptoms, and after that, what struck me was that one of the 1st things he said was something like "From listening to what you describe, it sounds like...". I've been seeing him (for the same problem) for awhile now, and, while I'm just a lay patient, treatment-wise he's very methodical, starting with conservative treatments (shots), asking for imaging, etc. Unfortunately, in my case, the conservative treatments haven't been successful thus far, and I'm considering surgery, but I think that it's rare nowadays to find a physician like Dr. Olkin...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][771762].votes_count ]]