Rate Dr. Peter J. Charap

Dr. Peter J. Charap's Ratings

I've been going to Dr. Charap for a number of years and he's great! Really knowledgeable, thorough, on top of things and nice. Not crazy about his staff. The people who take the blood (for blood tests) are good but the women at the front test are testy and not too competent. They rush you when you call. Really can't imagine why they have the attitude they do. But if you're willing to deal with them (which isn't that much of a biggie, cause let's face it, you're there to see the doc), I can't recommend him highly enough.

Submitted June 16, 2014 | flag

The negative comments on Dr. Charap's staff are out of date. I have found all his staff friendly, helpful, and courteous. I have seen them show great patience with elderly patients, and others with limited English. Dr. Charap himself is friendly and concerned; he is responsive to questions though he doesn't often volunteer details. Like all doctors these days, he is limited in how much time he can allow each patient, but I have never felt he did not hear all of my sometimes complicated health issues.

Submitted June 12, 2014 | flag

eclectic, open-minded, sense of humor, not full of himself, perceptive, smart, flexible

Submitted May 31, 2013 | flag

I doubt you will find a better internist in the City. He is smart, stays up-to-date, and cares about his patients. You can't ask for more.

Submitted Feb. 1, 2012 | flag

Dr. Charap is a pleasure: knowledgable, kind, easy-going and gives me plenty of time.

Submitted Jan. 5, 2012 | flag

Dr. Charap has been my doctor for many years. He is great. In a big, impersonal city I feel I have a doctor as caring as an old-time small-town physician and as sophisticated as can be had in Manhattan. Referrals are always excellent.

Submitted Sept. 27, 2011 | flag

I've been a patient since 2006 and expect to remain his patient as long as he is in practice. Dr. Charap is comprehensive, extremely intelligent, balances a busy office while extending courteous care and overall I have always been diagnosed / treated correctly and accordingly. His nurses are also skilled and friendly.

Submitted Sept. 14, 2011 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Charap for over15 years. In the office he almost never wears a white coat. He is low key, humble, approachable, and genuinely concerned about the health and well being of his patients. He is not an alarmist or a pull pusher. He takes the time to listen. Peter Charap is a doctor that truly embodies the approach and values of old fashioned medicine. Most important, he is a brilliant diagnostician.

Submitted Aug. 25, 2011 | flag

Dr. Charap is the best. After leaving a great pediatrician 12 years ago and spending quite a few years with a horrendous doctor that I regularly avoided going to, I found Dr. Charap and have never looked back. He's a wonderful, caring doctor who really knows what he's doing and I've never felt anything less than confident while in his care. He does almost everything himself, including a lengthy one-on-one discussion in his office for annual physicals, and never fails to address any medical concerns that I have, even if some of them border on hypochondria at times. He's patient and very friendly, and contrary to what some other reviews have said, I love the office staff and nurses as well. They're all genuinely nice and helpful people, and I've never had a problem obtaining information or calling in. Furthermore, every single specialist that he's referred me to (allergist, endocronologist, otorhinolaryngologist, optometrist, orthopedist) have all been fantastic. Highly recommended!

Submitted Aug. 16, 2011 | flag

Dr, Charap is great, but his staff is terrible. Often, when calling to make an appointment the phone will pick up and then immediately hang up.

Submitted June 29, 2011 | flag