Rate Dr. Michael J. McCormack

Dr. Michael J. McCormack's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 13, 2014 | flag

my wife has recurring non hotchkins lymphoma, she is elderly and instead of trying to help her this doctor told her to go home and enjoy the time she had left. Attempts to have her records sent to Mayo clinic and to get copies were futile untill I lost my temper and demanded that the records be provided and sent to Mayo clinic.Recent Appt. at Hershey cancer Institute has resulted in a referal to a local oncologist and a proposed treatment that will at least slow down the spread of the cancer. stay away from this doctor.

Submitted May 20, 2011 | flag

DR. McCormack is one of the finest, caring , professional Dr's I have ever met. I have been battling cancer for 5 years and Mike and his staff are 2nd to none. He makes himself available 24/7. He set me up with an excellant medical team @ Johns Hopkins that also is treating my cancer. You could not a better Doctor, or person than Dr. McCormack.

Submitted May 19, 2009 | flag

My sister was diagnosed with colon, liver,and lung cancer a year ago.Dr.McCormack was spent the time she needed to help her understand what was going to happen,explain the treatment and the progression of her disease.She came away feeling like she had someone that cared about what and how she felt. He also makes the family feel at ease and explains all treatments as he changes them.Excellent Dr.!!

Submitted Aug. 12, 2008 | flag

This doctor was recommended by my surgeon. His attitude was deplorable. I asked him what test I needed to have and when and he told me to "go home and enjoy my life. That even if the cancer returned I would probably have 5 years to live."I then went back to my surgeon for another recommendation and I was referred to the oncologist I now go to (Hind Hamdan) who is wonderful. I can't believe Dr. McCormack is practicing in a field that requires a person far better suited than he is, I left his office feeling very much afraid and alone with my medical situation.

Submitted Nov. 30, 2005 | flag