Rate Dr. Jay N. Dolitsky

Dr. Jay N. Dolitsky's Ratings

very good doctor, he is the best we have ever been to. very funny also

Submitted April 6, 2014 | flag

Dr. Dolitsky performed surgery on my 4 year-old this morning (tonsils and adenoids). I can't say enough good things about him and the hospital stuff (including anesthesiologists). I was extremely nervous and he was very understanding and even came to talk to me after I had left the operating room (where you can stay until your child is asleep) and was waiting for the elevator to go upstairs. My son came home at 3pm and ate soft bread tonight as well as ice cream and fruit juice. He's fine and happy. This is a very good doctor.

Submitted July 9, 2013 | flag

He correctly diagnosed our baby daughter's serious illness -- Recurrent Respiratory Papillomatosis -- after putting a camera up her nose and down her throat. He asked us if she had turned blue (no). He assigned her a surgery date 4 weeks off without explaining that she might not make it 4 weeks before her airway was completely blocked. Fortunately we did research and took her to another ENT two days later. He had her in surgery in 2 days. Her airway was 90-95% blocked. In my opinion Dr. Dolitsky took an unconscionable chance with our baby's health. He never followed up so I didn't get a chance to ask what he was thinking. New York is filled with excellent, caring doctors. I recommend you go elsewhere.

Submitted Dec. 23, 2012 | flag

Similar to another reviewer below... we must have gotten him on a bad day. The first time we saw him, he was great. Spent time with us, answered all our questions. This put us at ease to let him do our son's ear tube surgery. 3 weeks later... the follow up, complete opposite. Jekyll and Hyde doc here. He was over an hour late. We sat in the patient room waiting, while no one came in to tell us why we were waiting for so long. Finally he shows, SUPER rude with an apology totally insincere. He rushed thru everything and barely made an attempt to thoroughly look at my son, who was still sick with an ear infection, 3 weeks after tubes. On top of that he was rough (my son isn't even 1 years old). Anyways, we parially regret giving him our business had we known this side of him. We have moved on to a diff. ENT in the same practice.

Submitted March 29, 2012 | flag

If you have a lot of time on your hands, don't care if you actually see the doctor and generally have a low opinion of yourself this may be the doctor for you. Serious waste of time!

Submitted March 26, 2012 | flag

Dr. Dolitsky is a great doctor, very professional and knowlegable. Was very highly recommended by many people. His staff was just as pleasant.

Submitted Nov. 18, 2011 | flag

Dr. Dolitsky did a terrific job for my 6 year old re: adenoid and tonsil removal. She was eating pasta that night and never took pain meds after returning home from the surgery. I talked to lots of others, including ENTs, and read many blog postings so I didn't expect such quick recovery. I know it's due to his skill. He's also great in terms of care and follow up. He's extremely professional and patient with questions. The surgery started right on time. I can't say enough, and I am a very tough customer (did a lot of research and got 3 opinions).

Submitted Aug. 15, 2011 | flag

This doctor exceeded all of my expectations. He removed adenoids and inserted ear tubes for my 2 year old daughter. Today is the day after the surgery and my daughter is feeling fine and I've noticed an improvement in her speech already. I am very impressed with the professionalism and character of this doctor.

Submitted July 13, 2011 | flag

The best. He operated on my 18mth old daughter and we couldnt be happier. He is patient answers all your questions and makes you feel like he cares about your little one. Highly recommend him!

Submitted Aug. 2, 2010 | flag

A wonderful doctor with an amazing bedside manner to put kids at ease! he performed 2 surgeries on my son and did a spectacular job on both!!

Submitted Aug. 17, 2009 | flag