Dr. Jeffrey A. Saal

Grad. Year: 1975

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 9 reviews. Dr. Jeffrey A. Saal has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Pain Mgmt / Physical Rehab-related: pain relief, physical rehabilitation, stroke recovery, accident recovery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 3578986
23/10/13 4 4 5 5 No one knows more about spines than the Drs. Saal. Dr. Jeffrey Saal has performed procedures on my spine that have helped me to reduce pain and avoid major fusion surgery. I am sure that he truly cares about my well-being.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Jeffrey" to "Jeffrey A."
RID: 2616438
13/04/13 1 1 1 1 I could not get a call back from anyone at this office (after trying for months) after a procedure I had. Appalling patient service and doctor who was overly confident up front but offered no solution after repeated visits.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1638782
19/11/11 5 5 5 5 In May of 1998 Dr. Jeffrey Saal repaired my L4 and L5 that four other Doctors stated I had to have fused; they all stated nothing else would work. My results were and are wonderful, going from extream pain to no pain at all and a full recovery. I am now 71 years old and still working costruction. I found the Doctors and staff to be wonderful and professional and helpful. If you are not just looking for a state disability and really want to go back to work, see Dr. Saal. Mel Grub at [email protected]
Insurance: Workers Comp
RID: 1185297
08/06/10 4 3 1 1 Six months after having an epidural, I am in excruciating pain, having electric shocks in my foot and ankle, and have a numb foot. After the injection I tried reaching Dr. Saal but only got an answering machine. There did not seem to be a doctor on call although I pleaded with someone to call me. The results from all the tests ordered by other doctors were all sent to him yet I never heard a word from Dr. Saal.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1183270
05/06/10 5 4 5 5 Great doctor, very knowledgeable. Explains how things worked so it's easy to understand what is going on.  Respond
RID: 72165
18/12/06 5 5 5 I was in a violent car accident that severely damaged my spine and led me to meet many doctors from various well-respected hospitals and clinics. I have also had 30+ appointments with Dr. Jeffrey Saal. Therefore, I feel qualified in offering an opinion of him and found him to be one of the best doctors. His diagnostic approach is thorough, logical and precise. His injection skills are notable, far less painful than other doctors. His communication is practical and direct. Though not demonstrative, he?s always professional and empathetic. I always felt confident I was getting the very best care. He has a friendly, attentive and well-organized staff. They and he succeed in putting the patient first within a practice of high quality medicine; unique given the state of medicine today. If you want to see a doctor that other doctors describe as ?the best diagnostician out there? or ?the smartest doctor I know,? and who will be thorough and diligent with your treatment, then go see Dr. Saal.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 49119
05/10/06 5 5 5 Dr Saal was right on time, very knowledgable and very helpful. A really nice guy.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 33562
26/06/06 1 1 4 I totally agree with all the ratings especially the third one. He pretty much told me to go elswhere when I asked to go to a specific PT who I had worked with before with excellent results. He is smart but really practices bad medicine with respect to the patient/doctor relationship. Has no respect for his patients, to say the least. It's my way or the highway!  Respond
RID: 28570
19/04/06 2 1 3 I have seen both of these Saal Doctors over the years, one time each. They were both difficult to communicate with, quite arrogant and seemingly uninterested in your pain or problem. But this particular Doctor ignored my phone calls for 3, that's right 3 days following an epidural that I had had an allergic reaction from (the dye used). I spent several days in bed in more pain than I had prior. It was only after my husband sent him a fax to get his attention did his nurse finally return my phone call. When I saw him at my followup 10 days later and asked him why he did not return my calls, he simply said it was not a priority and then muttered something about patient/Doctor calls were not part of their clinic model. I was completely shocked and confused. Then he referred me to someone else at another clinic. I have not returned to SOAR since. That was 14 years ago.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user