Dr. H. Patrick Burns

Grad. Year: 1994

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 04/07/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. H. Patrick Burns has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 3617500
24/11/13 5 5 5 5 Doctor Burns and his staff are oustanding.He cares about is patient good listener feels great after your visit.His the best doctor in morris plains.
RID: 2701942
06/07/13 5 5 5 5 FAntastic and really knowledgeable and on the nose diagnoses.. Also takes time to listen and truly cares about the patient.  Respond
RID: 2621759
19/04/13 5 5 5 5 The nurse and the receptionist took my information and were very friendly. The doctor is great, patient, very knowledgeable and very comforting. After talking to Dr. Burns, I already felt better! This man is a true healer!
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 2448513
16/10/12 5 5 5 5 Both the doctor and his staff are outstanding. If he does not know the answer he works on getting it for you. He takes his time and listens. The staff is excellent and hav always been helpful. He is the first doctor that makes you feel comfortable and easy to talk to and he genuinely cares.
RID: 2062374
21/04/12 5 5 5 5 My daughter and I both use him and we are very happy. He is very helpful and I think he is very professional as well.
Insurance: Oxford
RID: 1721464
24/02/12 4 4 5 4 I love that he is a non-alarmist. Very calm and comforting. He does not pretend to know everything like many other doctors and helps you find the answers you need.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1579884
04/11/11 4 5 2 2 I saw Dr. Burns for management of hypertension as I wanted a physician closer to home than my previous internist. Neither he nor his assistant checked my heart or lungs and I felt the visit was very rushed. He prescribed the same medication I was taking even though I noted in my history it was no longer effective. Overall, I was very disappointed especially given all the other glowing reviews on this site. I won't be returning.
RID: 1470445
22/06/11 5 5 5 5 They are really very helpful and he is always concerned for our welfare.
RID: 1467826
19/06/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Burns and his staff are professional, friendly and caring. Repectful of patients. Unbelievably patient with kids (mine hate shots) OK I do to! Dr. Burns and his staff take as long as it takes to relax the child. Never rushed. Detail explination and great listener of patient concerns. Goes well beyond expectations. I recieved an article in the mail regarding an difficult condition after a visit. It made me feel like he really listened and thought about me and my concerns even after my visit.
RID: 1467221
18/06/11 4 4 5 5 Absolutely wonderful doctor who takes the time to listen to you!!
RID: 1445296
19/05/11 5 5 5 5 Best Doctor. He is patient with my whole family. My daughter, husband and I are happy w/ his care, and attention to our health.
RID: 1323874
30/12/10 5 5 5 5 Our family goes to Dr. Burns. He has taken care of our daughter since she was only a day old in the hospital. He cares about people, and we feel fortunate to have him as our primary care physician.
RID: 1264568
04/10/10 5 5 5 5 He is the best. He really cares for the kids. I know him for the past 6yrs. I take both my kids there. We live far away from Morris county. But we still go there as I know he is the best for my kids. He listens to us and care for the kids.He returns the phone calls even at midnight. He does not prescribe unnecessary medicine/antibiotic.
RID: 1113650
24/02/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Burns is the bet Primary Care Physician I have ever had. My husband and I both started seeing Dr. Burns a couple of years ago and we always felt like we received the best care since day one. He is patient and is not rushed and takes time to make sure your office visit is personable and comfortable. I speak on the behalf of my husband as well, when I say that we highly reccommend Dr. Burns to both children and adults!
RID: 1079697
15/01/10 4 4 5 5 Dr. Burns is a very kind, gentle man. He helped my son when other doctors would not. He cares about the patient and not the money. He spends a lot of time and is very thorough. It is a pleasure coming to see him.  Respond
RID: 1027708
06/11/09 5 5 5 5 Very nice, helpful, knowledgeable, works with kids and adults, great for the whole family. They do blood and urine samples in the office too which is nice. (Qualcare insurance)
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 891289
19/05/09 5 4 5 5 Very very good doctor. Does not care for money. Really cares for the kids. Takes very good care of them. Does not prescribe antibiotics when not needed. Listens very patiently. We know him for 5yrs now. Even though we moved far away from his office 3 yrs back, we still take our kids there as he really takes good care.
RID: 736575
04/12/08 5 5 5 5 Takes his time, listens, and considers different options. I liked him so much that now my husband, parents, and a friend have moved to his practice. As a plus, the office staff are very nice and helpful.
RID: 462985
12/12/07 5 4 2 2 I'm not a big fan. Moved to NJ a few months ago and started having horrible back pains (at 23 years old). Dr. Burns sat on the other side of the room and never came over to check me out. Passed it off as a UTI, which we found out it was not. Sent me for a CAT scan and couldn't see anything. He pretty much told me it was all in my head. I could hardly move but he didn't seem to care.
RID: 428372
13/10/07 4 5 5 4 Very pleasant doctor, takes his time with each paitent, but somehow is on-time with appointments. He listens well and explains differing options.
RID: 421457
30/09/07 5 5 5 5 BROVO! Highly trusted! First saw 10 yrs. ago. I have all the confidence I could possibly have in a MD...spends time, explains in detail, listens, is up on what is new, what works, and what doesn't. I liked that he didn't just pass out drugs but rather treated w a mix of vit, diet, exercise, and meds when needed. Found him as a pediatric doctor when we moved, but chose him as our family doctor. He returns calls even at 4am! Very gentle manner  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user