Rate Dr. Karlis Ullis

Dr. Karlis Ullis's Ratings

“Dr. Ullis has been my Endocrinologist and Primary Care Physician for past 4-1/2 years. He did a brilliant job, and gave my volumous medical file a most thorough and timely review. His diagnostic help greatly assisted to get me finally cleared to have pituitary brain surgery for my pituitary Cushings disease. After pituitary surgery, he was instrumental to get over 10 of my hormones balanced. His medical advice about the necessary dose changes to prepare for the stress of major hip surgery (ie by balancing multiple hormones and making sure I got the critical surgery “stress dose” correct) was truly extraordinary. Dr. Ullis was up to the challenge of first confirming that the Cushings disease was cured surgically before starting me onto Cortisol and other hormone replacement therapy. I was left with severe panhypopituitarism (despite successful pituitary brain surgery). Dr. Ullis helped to balance the 11 hormones involved “conservatively and safely”. Dr. Ullis even helped me with the red tape of medical insurance to cover the costly medicines and tests. He keeps up with medical advances, and is always compassionate and generous to answer all my questions (despite being busy), and he takes the time to “teach me” about hormones during the process so that I can be a better educated patient. His commitment to being an exceptional Doctor warms my heart – and as a panhypopituitary patient, I do appreciate how lucky I am to have Dr. Ullis as my Doctor.” AM - Vancouver, BC Canada

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2610230].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2014

I saw Dr. Ullis for his BACKGROUND. But, I EXPERIENCED 70-year-old Dr. Ullis to be forgetful, mistake prone, and dishonest (more like a businessman than like a doctor). Dr. Ullis failed to provide me with a CONSISTENT supply of PERMANENTLY needed HCG for primary hypogonadism (his diagnosis of me). Dr. Ullis ALSO consistently failed to JUSTIFY this failure on his part. Dr. Ullis prescribed HCG to me in such a way that made it financially necessary for me to order HCG ONLY through his office at the cost of $100.- for a each month's supply of 11,000 International Units (which he obtains from APS Compounding in FL for $58.-), or I would have to pay $300.- for 10,000 International Units of NON-compounded HCG every month. 10,000 International Units of HCG is too small an amount to be compounded. In short, he blockades me from obtaining inexpensive compounded HCG on my own while simultaneously he offers compounded HCG WHEN it is ordered thru his office at his inflated price.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2063377].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2013

Dr. Ullis is a wonderful doctor, great human being. He listens, he cares, he's committed to the health and well being of his patients. I highly recommend him for preventative focus, and well as any ongoing physical concerns you have. I trust him, and that if a very different experience than I've had with many other doctors. Excellent!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2063376].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2013

Excellent clinician. Into preventative medicine. Keeps my family healthy and informed about their body. Highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2063375].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2010

He is a dedicated doctor...when he doesn't know something, he trys to help you figure out what to do or whom to see. He doesn't shuck patients off on psychiatrists

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2063374].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2006

Very helpful in trying to track down a diagnosis. Overall communication was good, and straightforward. He's pretty busy, but still spent good amount of time with me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2063373].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 7, 2006

Good at diagnosis, poor at management/intervention.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2063372].votes_count ]]