Dr. Warren King

Grad. Year: 1983

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 23/07/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 2.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 9 reviews. Dr. Warren King has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5574067
22/06/14 4 1 2 2 1. You cannot expect more than 1-2 minutes of his time during visits (on visits, I have always waited more than 20-30 minutes). I always felt that he was always in a hurry. 2. He is too aggressive with his expectations. Almost always, he resorts to recommending surgery. 3. While Dr King says that the scar tissue requires surgery, I feel something went wrong with my previous surgery or with his/his teams advice during follow-up visits to cause this. 4. His advice might be more applicable for professional players, but as a doctor, he should know how to calibrate his advice for common people like you and me! If you like this style of working, you'll certainly like to be his patient. I have decided to go to some other orthopedist at PAMF (I wonder why I didn't read all these posts from others, until today!!).
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 2755007
06/08/13 5 5 5 5 Having recently had surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff by Dr. King I cannot thank him enough for the great job that he did and would not hesitate to recommend Dr. King to anyone who is in need of seeing an Orthopaedic Specialist. Dr. King is truly one of the best Orthopedic Surgeons there is. His professionalism goes above and beyond. Each visit prior to the surgery being performed, Dr. King took the time to thourghly explain the MRI findings, options that I had, surgery process, the recovery and Physical Therapy required. Dr. King has always been very patient and compasionate in listening to any and all of the questions that I have had and responding in the same manner. Dr. King’s Physician Assistant, Laurel, is excellent, she is extremely knowledgeable and takes the time to explain things to you in that is understandable and insightful. The staff at the Palo Alto office and the Surgery Center were very helpful and professional.
RID: 1337261
15/01/11 5 5 5 5 My experience with Dr. Warren King was exceptional. He is caring, compassionate and an excellent surgeon. He is totally professional and a truly listens. My appointment was within 15 minutes of the scheduled time. He even fit me in when I was an hour late. His office is absolutely top rate with all on staff there for the patient. Thanks, Dr. King, for your help and encouragement.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1076756
13/01/10 2 1 1 3 Although probably a compentant surgeon, Dr King is rude and disrespectful to patients. He has no bed side manor and is more interested in treating high profile patients than everyday people.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 901025
30/05/09 3 3 1 1 He didn't take time to look at my issues/concerns. Gave a wrong diagnosis, no treatment (just take pain medicine, sorry). Second opinion doctor got the right diagnosis in minutes and provided a really easy treatment that solved the problem. I guess Dr. King lives too much in the past when he solved the cases of star patients to take care of the problems of his "common" patients today.
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 638619
14/07/08 3 1 1 2 Had surgery to clean out scar tissue and remove a screw and now 4 weeks later still limping. I was told I could walk out of the surgery. He has been late for every appointment and then sees you for only 5 minutes with no advice or support. I am incredibly disappointed and regret ever having the surgery. This was supposed to be minor and I am still in pain. When asking for medical advise for the future all he can say is it is up to me, that is not helpful.
Paid (or co-pay): $1500
RID: 511038
11/02/08 4 4 2 5 My experience was very similar to the first comment. Had 2 surgeries with him - one on each knee. The first went well. The second did not help me at all - in fact, was worse afterward, but was minimized the whole time by Dr. King saying, "give it more time". After being persistant and coming back in another time, was treated very dismissively by Dr. King saying, "What do you want me to do? The only thing left is a knee replacement." Was never told my knee was that bad. He never indicated that this would be a possibility. A year later I had another MRI which showed a metal fragment in my knee with Patellar Chondromalacia. Was never told about this. I do not know if this "metal fragment" has anything to do with the rapid degeneration of my knee - now grade 4 Chondromalacia, but wonder about this as in the beginning, Dr. King made it seem like my knee problem was minor, and the surgery would be no big deal compared to the first. Now I suffer everyday and looking into a knee replacement.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 425473
07/10/07 3 3 1 2 Very bad experience. The first thing the doctor told me after my ACL surgery was that the tip of the screwdriver had broken and he had to leave the inch long piece inside my knee. I didn't fully recover after the first surgery so I went in for a second one. They removed the metal tip and "cleaned" my knee. It's been 19 months since the first surgery and 10 months since the second one and I'm still having trouble getting back to sports. The doctor made every thing seem so simple and didn't deliver on any of the promises. I switched doctors and had new MRIs and it seems I have now developed chondromalacia patella, something that Doctor King wasn't able to treat nor diagnose  Respond
RID: 15851
29/11/05 4 4 4 Excellent surgeon, just be sure to account for long physical therapy recovery times. As with many orthopedic surgeons, "estimate" for when you'll be pain-free post-surgery or back to full motion or full activity are best assessed by a physical therapist, not surgeon. Recovery can take 12 months, 18 months, or longer.
Insurance: Aetna