Rate Dr. Sherwood K. Duhon

Dr. Sherwood K. Duhon's Ratings

My first impression was not a good one, but I continued because I realize surgeons do not always have good bed side manners. But after getting to know Dr. Duhon I really liked him. I realize he is very busy and does not have a lot of extra time to spend with patients, but he was willing to listen. His PA Michael is excellent and Irene is also very helpful. As for other staff it makes a HUGE difference which office you see him at. Everyone at the Scottsdale office is wonderful. Even though he is often behind, they are very courteous. I can say the same thing about the Glendale office. I did not like the Tempe office staff and will drive further to be seen preferably in Scottsdale.

Submitted Jan. 30, 2014 | flag

I found this review opportunity while looking for contact info for Dr. Duhon. He repaired my foot 10+ years ago and I have had NO problems. My daughter now needs care on her hand and I want / trust Dr. Duhon to evaluate and provide treatment (if needed) for my daughter. I trust him to provide great care and compassion. John

Submitted March 14, 2012 | flag

I fully agree with the review of Sept. 2011 that the problem is not the doctors but their company culture. I used a different TOCA doctor 5 years ago and it was the same bad vibe from the staff. This review is aimed at the doctors to urge them to re-train their staff using an outside company. At present, they all seem either miserable, angry or underpaid.

Submitted Oct. 24, 2011 | flag

Dr. Duhon is not the problem. The problem is (and has been for at least 6 years) the company culture. It is absent patient-friendliness in the staff, the phone setup, and the computer system. A shame a large group of such distinguished doctors cannot have an office organized with higher standards and better customer service.

Submitted Sept. 14, 2011 | flag

I was very disappointed with my experience. He was recommended by a friend, but he didn't even show me my x-rays and tell me about the hip dysplasia as my chosen surgeon did. I asked about the anterior approach to hip replacement, which he doesn't do, but offered no support for the method he uses other than "That's the method I am used to doing". I didn't know there were other surgeons in town who used the approach I wanted, but he said nothing to enlighten me (I take responsibility for that, but seems like a gray area). His staff was inept-never responded to emails & they charged me the co-pay a week before scheduled surgery after I canceled (weeks before).

Submitted March 21, 2011 | flag

I'm a nurse so I know surgeons: usually prema donna's, although they try to hide it, arrogant, superior, condescending, self-centered and extremely egotistic. Dr. Duhon was, in general all of these things. Questions answered in brief without elaboration. I did not bond with him in a personal way. I have no complaint about punctuality. The replacement of my right hip went well. The incision was small which decreases healing time. The RN's at the orthopedic hospital were very high, I mean very high on Duhon explaining that the infection rate, etc. were exceptionally low for him. Also, the incision was very small. Also, the RN's stated that there were few complications and healing was very fast for his surgeries. Finally, I don't care whether his staff was nice, or if he was punctual, or if I liked him. He did an excellent job on my hip. Surgeons, IMO, are not likable people, usually. Even though not very likable I'd go back to him for more surgery.

Submitted March 10, 2011 | flag

Duhon performed hip replacement on me and did a great job. Very nice bed side personality. No infection or drainage on the incision.

Submitted Sept. 15, 2010 | flag

Alwaysrunning late, sometime very cordial can be rude but is a very good surgeon, Don,t care for his PA

Submitted Aug. 25, 2010 | flag

Submitted July 27, 2010 | flag

I had both knees done by Dr. Duhon, I would highly recommend him to anyone. My knees are doing fine 15 yrs. later.

Submitted Aug. 7, 2009 | flag