Rate Dr. Ewa Szafraniec

Dr. Ewa Szafraniec's Ratings

DO NOT go to this doctor. I have never felt more disrespected or talked down to my whole life. I felt like it was the blind leading the blind. She does not listen, is distracted and it is very confusing to talk to her. I have wasted almost 2 years out of fear of switching doctors. But I have had it. She and her receptionist both are extremely difficult people to interact with. I have gotten worse on her bizarre cocktails of medication that other doctors shake their head at and tell me I should not be on. Avoid this office at all costs. For someone who is suicidal this treatment may push themover the edge. She does not listen and discourages me more than encourages. I have gotten more information from web md. Terrible experiences.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2633081].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2014

I have seen dr szafraneic for 6 years now. However I am finally switching psychiatrists due to her receptionist. I can no longer tolerate Her rude and crass behavior. She never answers the phone, is constantly sending me erroneous bills, and is rude whenever I talk to her. It is too bad dr szafraneic will lose potential patients by cause of her receptionist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2574763].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 12, 2014

First things first ...shes NOT a therapist so the ones who commented that they didnt get a full hour go get a therapist! She is willing to listen and ALWAYS remembers whats goin on with me.She has been open to switching my medications and gives fair advise. She is blunt at times because she has to be. We tend to forget that the doctor is there to aid us in our lives by giving medications that help us survive. The rest is up to us as we have to also help ourselves. Receptionist is not cold but chilly although ive had great conversations with her. The only thing i hate is the charge if i miss an appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2463538].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

Ewa is a very blunt shrink, she keeps her visits very short your in and out. She had no problem calling me childish or telling me exactly what she thought of me. Which is hard because ultimately you had no idea my horrid life. Her goal is medication plain and simple and she sticks to her disgnosis regardless if it's not correct because the thing is patients lie, often to get what they want she's a bit distracted to notice. I found her irritating when I attended sessions because she always told me I was wrong I found out after switching to a new doctor I wasent getting better because I was on way to many medications. Don't mix an SSRI with bipolar meds he says, and how are you on 6 different meds? I ended up in the hospital with her med concoction almost dead from my recommended dose, 2 years later on the right meds and better. Just be cautious.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2064508].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2013

She is a bit hard to understand through her accent. But I told her a breif summary of my problems and she than asked if i could choosea specific fix in a med what would i want. My wants described what ***** is designed to help. And she also shed light on learned behavioral patterns from tramatic child hood times

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2064507].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2013

Dr. Szafraniec is the first doctor that has ever really listened to me. Have gone to her since 2009 to 2012. I moved to Montana in 2012. I have just recently moved back to Arizona. I am going to go back to her because she is a wonderful psychiatrist. She really cares about people and that showed when I was in the hospital and had her for my psychiatrist. I had been misdiagnosed for years. She diagnosed me as bipolar. I was so depressed and suicidal until she put me on the right medication which saved my life. Thank you Dr. S.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2064506].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2013

She accused me of being late when I waited in the office for 55 minutes to see her. She asked me about my relationship with my professors, and accused me of being childish based on something that is none of her business. She blamed the failed relationship on my ADHD and my "inability to comprehend their expectations." She has no idea the entire story because I did not feel comfortable talking to her about it. She told me to get off my Seroquel and take Adderall by itself, even though I've had a manic episode in the past. Her telling me to be on a stimulant without an antipsychotic or mood stabilizer is very bad advice and can potentially be very dangerous. When I asked her for more information about Adderall, she said: "We're out of time. You were late. If you want to learn more, you can look it up on the Internet or read about it in a book." I didn't get my full hour. When I went to book another appointment, the receptionist handed me a card and said, "Call me on Monday." I won't.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2064505].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2013

She was very helpful and understanding. She listened to me and she made me feel very comfortable. I'm glad I chose her as my doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2064504].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2012

Dr. Szafraniec is amazing! She truly cares about people's well being. My over all quality of life has improved 10 fold since finding her!!! She also asks a lot of questions to diagnose you. It's extremely apparent she is very intelligent and knows her stuff! I have a new respect and appreciation for the medical field after my positive experience with Dr. Szafraniec.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2064503].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2012

Receptionist is cold,rude & unprofessional. Won't be going back & won't be recommending friends to her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2064502].votes_count ]]