Dr. Arnold L. Weg

Grad. Year: 1982

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 24 reviews. Dr. Arnold L. Weg has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: what insurance does he accept?    Email me    Answer it

Gastroenterologist-related: Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, GI cancer, bowel disease, stomach, intestines, bowels and other structures, such as the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and esophagus, and focus on maladies that include ulcers, jaundice, colitis, hepatitis, cancer, eating disorders, GIST
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

16/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.0

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Arnold" to "Arnold L."

RID: 1354912
04/02/11 1 1 3 3 I called Dr.Weg’s office and was told that Dr. had time during his afternoon schedule and could see me right away (while I found this odd considering they said that appointments were made up 8 months in advance) I agreed. I told the person over the phone that it would take me a minimum of 30 minutes to get to the Queens office from Midtown. Despite this, the staff told me that the Dr was in with someone and had one patient waiting; He could take me within the 30 minutes it took me to get there. Rearranging my afternoon appointments I made my way to Queens. Upon arriving I was told that 2 people were now ahead of me and that it would be 20 minutes before he could see me. I proceeded to wait, HOWEVER, 45 minutes later there was still 1 patient ahead of me. This was a WASTE of my time and couldn’t wait any longer. Not to mention the majority of the patients are geriatric. Please don’t waste your time I’m sure there is a more respectful Doctor and Staff in NY. I'm continuing my search.  Respond
RID: 1321670
27/12/10 4 2 5 5 The best Doctor in New York, yes he is usually well behind schedule; he is well worth the wait  Respond
RID: 1305585
02/12/10 5 3 5 5 Dr. Weg is a wonderful diagnostician. He runs late because he spends a lot of time with patients. 4-5 hour waits in a good doctors office used to be a common thing, waiting a couple an hour or two with a magazine or book is no big deal. To the person complaining about his "poo pooing" herbal cures. What MD doesn't...most "herbal" cures are baloney and maybe help like vitamins for mild issues...the fodder for hypochondriacs.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1278086
23/10/10 4 4 5 5 I think DR Weg is amazing, I would say more but I will not let RateMD's own my words. I will find a site that does not require me to give away the ownership of my words, shame on RateMD for this behavior
Paid (or co-pay): $550
RID: 1236554
25/08/10 5 2 5 5 Dr. Weg is simply the best. Yes you always have to expect to wait at least an hour; in return you get excellent care from a wonderful doctor who listens to, and knows his patients  Respond
RID: 1117533
01/03/10 1 3 3 3 I just called this Doctor's office to get a timeframe for when I could schedule an appointment. After about 10 seconds very politely explaining my situation, it seemed as though the receptionist hung up on me. I called back and politely told the person who answered that I think the last person I spoke with may have accidentally disconnected my call. Then it happened again. I was so perplexed, that I made a few calls to other people - just to make sure my phone was working properly. It was. Perhaps the receptionists were really busy, but they could have said something of that nature, and asked me to call back at a later time. There is no excuse for hanging up twice on a potential patient. This sort of thing has never happened to me before, and I do not understand it at all. After all, I am a person. I guess I'll try another doctor. Finally, please only pay attention to my rating concerning staff.  Respond
RID: 1091880
29/01/10 4 1 5 5 He is great. Time is limited but when he walks into the examining room you have no sense of being rushed. . If you call the office in the morning with an issue, 95% of the time they will give you an appointment the same day. Probably one reason for having to wait, which is not an issue with me, "Reception area is very comfortable with great chairs and loads of magazines, There are "Tiffeny" doctors and high fees to deal with that. If you call with a problem, Dr. Weg will call back that same evening, sometimes 8 or 9 PM. True, he can be quick to prescribe medication, but if for some reason I am in doubt (like reclast) I check it on google and feel free to requestion him. I think all patients should be partnering with their doctors. Dr. Weg respects all questions and replies clearly and concisely, and a mutual respect has developed into a healthy doctor/patient relationship.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 994123
23/09/09 5 1 5 5 Dr. Weg is the best - I find him to be very caring and a pleasure to deal with. His office staff is very professional. He always takes the time to listen to problems and doesn't get alarmed very easily. One knows they have to wait when they make an appt - but if that is his worst attribute - we should all be so lucky to have Dr. Weg as our doctor.
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $150
RID: 989263
16/09/09 5 5 5 5 Absolutely the very best doctor you can find, which is why perhaps some people may be complaining there's a wait to see him. The best are always popular. He is always on the mark with his diagnosis and he is very caring. Excellent 'bedside manner' and very professional. He is very careful and very thorough. To be honest I can't think of enough superlative things to say about him, he is that good.
Paid (or co-pay): $40
RID: 975601
29/08/09 1 1 1 3 I had seen him for many years probably out of laziness to find another doctor. He is uncaring. You are deliberately told to come in at a time when you will have a 2-3 hour wait even if you come in with pneumonia or a serious illness. He spends only a few moments with you. Does not take the time to listen. You can not reach him by phone. He does not return phone calls. Do yourself a favor - find yourself a caring, compassionate doctor. He did me a favor. I had to wait until he told me to find another doctor since I did not have the energy to wait three hours at night.
Respond

03/07/09 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 911602
12/06/09 5 3 5 5 Dr. Weg is amazing! I have had many gastroentortologist and Dr. Weg is by far the best. Rather than using the guess what treatment will work and use process of elimination until one that works is found, Dr. Weg insisted on comprehensive testing to find the root of the issue. It is excellednt!
RID: 886580
13/05/09 1 1 5 5 I endure the wait because he is the best diagnositician out there. He is what doctors used to be yesterday, coupled with the knowledge skills of today.
RID: 553273
31/03/08 1 1 2 4 He doesn't think outside the box, ever. If you suggest anything that's remotely non drug oriented to treat a condition, you get rolled eyes from him. I went to him for a long time, found a dietetic and herbal cure to what was wrong with me, and he seemed completely uninterested. He would rather have someone remain hooked on pres meds than actually get a cure. problem with many doctors, notjust him. -not interested in wellness, bad for business. -prescribes antiobiotics which have powerful side effects, and often for problems that don't warrant them. He was not very good about follow-up in regards to a brain scan, and didn't do anything to allay my fears, he only patronized me. I switched somewhere else,for a long journey since then. He is the kind of doctor, that is great for people who don't want to think for themselves, want to believe everything their doctor says, but he's not the kind of doctor who wants to be questioned in any way. Poor diagnostic, treats symtoms, not reason.
RID: 471188
26/12/07 5 5 5 5 He has been my husband's doctor for 10 years. He is the best doctor he ever had, and relies on him all the time. He is kind, brilliant, and vcaring
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 470625
23/12/07 5 4 5 5 Dr. Weg is an incredible diagnostician.He has been there for my family whenever his services are needed. He is quite a humanitarian. The way he handles patients shows a great love for what he does. You may walk into his office sick or frightened, but you walk out reassured that everything is going to be okay. He is definitely worth the wait!
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 467406
18/12/07 2 1 3 4 Good guy - very late appears to care - sort of encourages excessive testing
RID: 465630
17/12/07 5 4 5 5 AMAZING Physician. To respond to why he is always late, it is obvious why, patients come in late causing Dr. Weg to be late. Dr. Weg is one of the last true Doctors remaining in New York, even America, who actually cares for his patients. Waiting is well worth it. One of the kindest, and most caring men I know. 110% Competent, and would trust anyone of my family members with him.  Respond
RID: 464623
14/12/07 3 1 5 5 For all the patients who complain, if you would stop complaining to him about being late maybe he would be able to move along a little quicker. To avoid long waits call his office to see how far behind he is. Then show up later than your appointment time and it is not so bad. I travel over an hour to see him. If you are lucky enough to have him as a doctor, there is no need to worry. He will find what is wrong with you. Highest marks for him. His staff though overworked could use an attitude adjustment. I have been with him almost 20 years and I get the same respect from them as if I were someone who walked off the street. If he were not so good I would have been long gone from his practice.
RID: 439042
04/11/07 5 5 5 5 Dr Weg is a wonderful physician. He has treated many of my family members. He is an experienced doctor and a kind man.
RID: 423123
02/10/07 5 3 5 5 HE IS BRILLANT. YOU ARE LUCKY TO HAVE HIM AS A DOCTOR. THE REASON HE IS ALWAYS LATE---HE COORDINASTES REFERRALSAND FOLLOWS UP ON THEM. I HAVE GIVEN HIM 12 PATIENTS----ANN THEY ALL ARE THANKFUL. THOSE WHO COMPLAIN ABOUT WAITS----FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR.
RID: 287152
18/04/07 1 5 5 The fact that you get individualized full attention when he is with you is NO excuse for his consistent lateness. A two hour wait is probably average. He does not respect other people's time. This notwithstanding, he is an excellent physician. Otherwise why would I put up with the wait?  Respond
RID: 25509
16/03/06 1 4 4 He is consistently late; very consistently; every time I've been to see him. He apologizes but it's meaningless. That not withstanding, he is an excellent, physician who ONCE HE IS WITH YOU gives you his full attention.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 16832
30/11/05 5 1 1 He missed my cancer. He's not very good at reading a colonoscopy. Thank goodness it was fpund and I'm now cured, no thanks to him.  Respond
RID: 15647
29/11/05 4 5 5 This is one of the great physicians in the Metropolitan area. He also has an office in Manhattan. He is a primary care physician. He is caring and a great diagnostician.
* - Rating left by a registered user