Rate Dr. Arnold L. Weg

Dr. Arnold L. Weg's Ratings

I called Dr.Weg’s office and was told that Dr. had time during his afternoon schedule and could see me right away (while I found this odd considering they said that appointments were made up 8 months in advance) I agreed. I told the person over the phone that it would take me a minimum of 30 minutes to get to the Queens office from Midtown. Despite this, the staff told me that the Dr was in with someone and had one patient waiting; He could take me within the 30 minutes it took me to get there. Rearranging my afternoon appointments I made my way to Queens. Upon arriving I was told that 2 people were now ahead of me and that it would be 20 minutes before he could see me. I proceeded to wait, HOWEVER, 45 minutes later there was still 1 patient ahead of me. This was a WASTE of my time and couldn’t wait any longer. Not to mention the majority of the patients are geriatric. Please don’t waste your time I’m sure there is a more respectful Doctor and Staff in NY. I'm continuing my search.

Submitted Feb. 4, 2011 | flag

The best Doctor in New York, yes he is usually well behind schedule; he is well worth the wait

Submitted Dec. 27, 2010 | flag

Dr. Weg is a wonderful diagnostician. He runs late because he spends a lot of time with patients. 4-5 hour waits in a good doctors office used to be a common thing, waiting a couple an hour or two with a magazine or book is no big deal. To the person complaining about his "poo pooing" herbal cures. What MD doesn't...most "herbal" cures are baloney and maybe help like vitamins for mild issues...the fodder for hypochondriacs.

Submitted Dec. 2, 2010 | flag

I think DR Weg is amazing, I would say more but I will not let RateMD's own my words. I will find a site that does not require me to give away the ownership of my words, shame on RateMD for this behavior

Submitted Oct. 23, 2010 | flag

Dr. Weg is simply the best. Yes you always have to expect to wait at least an hour; in return you get excellent care from a wonderful doctor who listens to, and knows his patients

Submitted Aug. 25, 2010 | flag

I just called this Doctor's office to get a timeframe for when I could schedule an appointment. After about 10 seconds very politely explaining my situation, it seemed as though the receptionist hung up on me. I called back and politely told the person who answered that I think the last person I spoke with may have accidentally disconnected my call. Then it happened again. I was so perplexed, that I made a few calls to other people - just to make sure my phone was working properly. It was. Perhaps the receptionists were really busy, but they could have said something of that nature, and asked me to call back at a later time. There is no excuse for hanging up twice on a potential patient. This sort of thing has never happened to me before, and I do not understand it at all. After all, I am a person. I guess I'll try another doctor. Finally, please only pay attention to my rating concerning staff.

Submitted March 1, 2010 | flag

He is great. Time is limited but when he walks into the examining room you have no sense of being rushed. . If you call the office in the morning with an issue, 95% of the time they will give you an appointment the same day. Probably one reason for having to wait, which is not an issue with me, "Reception area is very comfortable with great chairs and loads of magazines, There are "Tiffeny" doctors and high fees to deal with that. If you call with a problem, Dr. Weg will call back that same evening, sometimes 8 or 9 PM. True, he can be quick to prescribe medication, but if for some reason I am in doubt (like reclast) I check it on google and feel free to requestion him. I think all patients should be partnering with their doctors. Dr. Weg respects all questions and replies clearly and concisely, and a mutual respect has developed into a healthy doctor/patient relationship.

Submitted Jan. 29, 2010 | flag

Dr. Weg is the best - I find him to be very caring and a pleasure to deal with. His office staff is very professional. He always takes the time to listen to problems and doesn't get alarmed very easily. One knows they have to wait when they make an appt - but if that is his worst attribute - we should all be so lucky to have Dr. Weg as our doctor.

Submitted Sept. 23, 2009 | flag

Absolutely the very best doctor you can find, which is why perhaps some people may be complaining there's a wait to see him. The best are always popular. He is always on the mark with his diagnosis and he is very caring. Excellent 'bedside manner' and very professional. He is very careful and very thorough. To be honest I can't think of enough superlative things to say about him, he is that good.

Submitted Sept. 16, 2009 | flag

I had seen him for many years probably out of laziness to find another doctor. He is uncaring. You are deliberately told to come in at a time when you will have a 2-3 hour wait even if you come in with pneumonia or a serious illness. He spends only a few moments with you. Does not take the time to listen. You can not reach him by phone. He does not return phone calls. Do yourself a favor - find yourself a caring, compassionate doctor. He did me a favor. I had to wait until he told me to find another doctor since I did not have the energy to wait three hours at night.

Submitted Aug. 29, 2009 | flag