Rate Dr. Michael Magnotti

Dr. Michael Magnotti's Ratings

DON'T waste your time and patience!!! The office staff is ridiculously rude. I don't understand how they ever get patients into the office as they RARELY answer the phone. Dealing with health issues is stressfull enough! Why do they make it so difficult for patients to call and speak to a live person in order to make an appointment or just follow up on test results. Totally not worth the fustration and disrespect. Search for a new doctor immediately.

Submitted April 15, 2014 | flag

I was recommended by my primary physician since I had a rare case of rapid weight gain. It took forever to figure out what was wrong with me and was told there isn't anything I can do. However, my husband contacted a good friend who is an excellent Gynecologist and shared all the tests that were performed on me and he indicated that it is obvious where the weight problem was coming from and advised that there is a treatment for my illness and stated to go elsewhere and have this doctor's office send my records over to a Gynecologist near my area that would be able to assist further as a favor. I owed Dr. Magnotti's office $145 (they never explained why when I asked since I had a full coverage insurance) they refused to release my medical records to any doctor unless I paid them. I ended having to contact my insurance provider for further assistance. In fact, my insurance company has to threaten to sue in order for them to release it. DON'T GO TO THIS DOCTOR IT'S A TOTAL SCAM.

Submitted Sept. 19, 2013 | flag

First, the doctor had my test results (to determine if my thyroid cancer had returned) a month before my appointment and never looked at them until I was sitting there. Had it come back, wouldn't it have been prudent to do something a month before? Then I get there and it turns out the lab did the wrong test. I had to go get tested again (which is not Dr. Magnotti's fault) but I could have done that long before my appointment and not had to schedule a second one. They never gave me my test results (sat on them for five weeks) and it took several phone calls for me to even get someone to talk to me. They send me a bill, I pay it, and a few weeks ago I get a letter from a collection agency saying I need to pay the bill. Ridiculous. Best part is I call them (get a machine, of course, nobody ever picks up) and leave a message about this and nobody calls me back. Most disorganized practice, most discourteous staff I have ever seen.

Submitted Aug. 30, 2012 | flag

I have had terrible experiences finding a endo that could see me without a 6 month wait or a 3 hour wait in their office. Dr.Magnotti's Clifton office is great!! The staff has been more than helpful with this newbie who doesn't always get how the insurance stuff works. They bent over backwards on a holiday weekend to get a prescription issue fixed. The Dr is great too! Very helpful and knowledgeable. Would recommend him to everyone.....just hate to have the wait times get longer because of it! ;-)

Submitted July 28, 2011 | flag

Good bedside manor, and very realistic about patients with diabetes and thyroid problems

Submitted May 5, 2011 | flag

I find this doctor is good and has helped me lead a "next to" normal life with diabetes. The two complaints I have are that he is not receptive when I call with issues and the staff is incompetent and rude. I also hate all the buttons you have to press to try and get a person in the office to speak with. I do hope these aspect improve, this doctor could eventually be great!

Submitted Sept. 20, 2010 | flag

The staff is extremely rude!! I have been going to the clifton office for over a year and my thyroid is still not regulated. Last time I went he said to come back in Sept. I had a physical last week (june) and my thryoid is off again. When I called the office the receptionist said that the dr. said is was only slighly off and to come back in july. why should I walk around with an underactive thyroid. he has my newest test results and will not treat me. it doesn't make sense. I am very frustrated with that office and am currently seeking a new endo.

Submitted June 9, 2010 | flag

Dr Magnotti has controlled my diabetes and helped me live a normal life. He looks young but is very knowledgeable.I will recommend him to my friends and have complete confidence in Dr Magnotti. His staff is not always the best, but that does not affect his professionalism or grasb of my problems

Submitted Feb. 5, 2010 | flag

Dr Magnotti at first seemed too young, but his grasp of my problem (diabetes) reassured me. He took his time and was quite proficient in his diagnosis and treatment.

Submitted Feb. 5, 2010 | flag

whats going on in this office in Teaneck!!! the clifton office is so good, I still never got a call back from Dr. Magnotti what a shame! how many time do I have to keep speaking to the clericals there?? they will not let me speak with any of the doctors at all! this place is corrupt. fox 5 should go there

Submitted Jan. 15, 2010 | flag