Rate Dr. Arcot S. Premkumar

Dr. Arcot S. Premkumar's Ratings

Dr. Prem is the best of the best. I am a Registered Nurse of 27 years. I knew within 4 hours that I had pneumonia. I went to urgent care where they confirmed I did in fact have bilateral pneumonia (both lungs). I was hospitalized for 2 weeks at Banner Good Sam, Dr. Prem was assigned to me. In all my years as a nurse I have never seen anyone admitted for 2 weeks from pneumonia. I thank God for Dr. Prem because in hindsight I may not have made it without him. My case was complicated but Dr. Prem never wavered in his quest to figure out what was causing the pneumonia. He eventually was able to figure it out and with treatment it was resolved. This was a year ago and have not had any issues since. If you are looking for a rockstar doc....Dr. Arcot S. Premkumar is your man!

Submitted April 25, 2014 | flag

Dr. Prem is amazing! I value his expertise and compassion that exudes. I feel that he really listens and looks at the big picture when diagnosing and treating you. I have been to many pulmonologists and he is truly the best!

Submitted March 5, 2009 | flag

I met Dr. Premkumar in Jan. 1995, after having been diagnoised with lung cancer by Mayo Clinic, and told by their dr.that I had perhaps a 20%chance of recovering after surgery. I received a second opinion from Dr. Premkumar, who performed additional tests, including a catscan guided biopsy and a complete analysis of respirtory function. Surgery was limited to the removal of the upper lobe of my left lung, getting all the cancer, with no followup needed. I see Dr. Premkumar at 6 months intervals, and for the first 10 years he had a catscan performed each year to verify that the cancer had not returned. I have now been cancer free for 14 years and have had no additional treatments. I had smoked for 50years, which Dr. Premkumar determined was the cause of my cancer. I have never met a doctor that I respect more highly than Dr. "Prem". He has become my primary doctor and when other specialities are needed, he refers me to "the best" available, who are extremely qualified.

Submitted March 5, 2009 | flag