Dr. Kanchan M. Mahon

Rate Dr. Kanchan M. Mahon

Dr. Kanchan M. Mahon's Ratings

If you could see with your own eyes, the documented, unquestionable incompetence of this "woman" you would be beyond disgusted. Another doctor has documented her experience, as a professional, of Kanchan Mahon. I hope that justice is served for her gross incompetence.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2554087].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2014

Not impressed with Dr. Mahon.

It takes WEEKS for you to get an appointment. I had to reschedule an appointment because I am going out of town, and couldn't get another for almost a month! New patient appointments are even worse.

She recommends Xanax XR to all her patients & says its a miracle drug with no side effects, but that's a load of crap. You will feel over medicated and just wanted to sleep on this drug. Doesn't listen to what you want, just tells you what she thinks.

And her husband runs of office and he is weird!!!! Has no customer service experience!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2528235].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

Dr. Mahon is recommends Xanax XR to all her anxiety patients. She tells them it's a great drug, but it's not! Side effects include extreme fatigue to the point of not being able to perform everyday tasks, dizziness, increased anxiety & depression. It definitely does not work for everyone!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2480923].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 27, 2014

My daughter was a patient of Dr. Mahon's. She is 23 years old and grew to trust her.She missed most of a semester of college ( 7 weeks). Dr Mahon said she would assist her with a medical withdrawal for the semester. Both of her parents were present for this meeting. The documentation she provided to the college was inaccurate and lacked sensitivity. I would not recommend her working with a young adult who is struggling. She does not have the perseverence or integretiy to deal with their complex issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2423356].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

Dr mahon has been good and is knowlegable. Having her husband as a receptionist does not work well. Lack of communication between the two and rudeness from him is a major downfall. Also the average wait time to get in for your appt is about 40 min to an hour. If you try to ask about this, his response will be to make an earlier appt. No excuse for that long of a wait.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][778221].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2012

An amazingly kind, knowledgeable physician. She is an excellent listener and compassion personified.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][778217].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2011

Dr. Mahon is awsome. I know for a fact I was near death when I visited her the first time with lithium toxicity and she has been the only person who helped me from day one. She's awsome in every respect, honestly!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][778216].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2010

Empathetic, knowledgeable, listens, understands, explains medication options.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][778215].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2010

Professionally not impressed. Hours are not consistent, call backs take 2 to more days, sessions unimpressive and non progressive even after a year of treatment. Husband is the office manager, not impressed with him either. Overall poor rating in all aspects. Can get better treatment elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][778220].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2009

I am a current patient of Dr Mahon's. I 've found her to be very helpful and kind. She take the time to explain things to me and listens to what I have to say. I've never had a psychiatrist do that for me before. In my experiences they just ask you if the medicines you are taking are helping and then send you on your way. Dr. Mahon has a lovely office too. It doesn't feel like I'm in a doctor's office. I feel like I'm in a friend's sitting room having tea.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][778219].votes_count ]]