Dr. Kanchan M. Mahon

Rate Dr. Kanchan M. Mahon

Dr. Kanchan M. Mahon's Ratings

Not impressed with Dr. Mahon.

It takes WEEKS for you to get an appointment. I had to reschedule an appointment because I am going out of town, and couldn't get another for almost a month! New patient appointments are even worse.

She recommends Xanax XR to all her patients & says its a miracle drug with no side effects, but that's a load of crap. You will feel over medicated and just wanted to sleep on this drug. Doesn't listen to what you want, just tells you what she thinks.

And her husband runs of office and he is weird!!!! Has no customer service experience!!!

Submitted Sept. 8, 2014 | flag

Dr. Mahon is recommends Xanax XR to all her anxiety patients. She tells them it's a great drug, but it's not! Side effects include extreme fatigue to the point of not being able to perform everyday tasks, dizziness, increased anxiety & depression. It definitely does not work for everyone!!!!

Submitted July 27, 2014 | flag

My daughter was a patient of Dr. Mahon's. She is 23 years old and grew to trust her.She missed most of a semester of college ( 7 weeks). Dr Mahon said she would assist her with a medical withdrawal for the semester. Both of her parents were present for this meeting. The documentation she provided to the college was inaccurate and lacked sensitivity. I would not recommend her working with a young adult who is struggling. She does not have the perseverence or integretiy to deal with their complex issues.

Submitted May 15, 2014 | flag

Dr mahon has been good and is knowlegable. Having her husband as a receptionist does not work well. Lack of communication between the two and rudeness from him is a major downfall. Also the average wait time to get in for your appt is about 40 min to an hour. If you try to ask about this, his response will be to make an earlier appt. No excuse for that long of a wait.

Submitted Nov. 19, 2012 | flag

An amazingly kind, knowledgeable physician. She is an excellent listener and compassion personified.

Submitted Aug. 15, 2011 | flag

Dr. Mahon is awsome. I know for a fact I was near death when I visited her the first time with lithium toxicity and she has been the only person who helped me from day one. She's awsome in every respect, honestly!

Submitted Dec. 1, 2010 | flag

Empathetic, knowledgeable, listens, understands, explains medication options.

Submitted Oct. 2, 2010 | flag

Professionally not impressed. Hours are not consistent, call backs take 2 to more days, sessions unimpressive and non progressive even after a year of treatment. Husband is the office manager, not impressed with him either. Overall poor rating in all aspects. Can get better treatment elsewhere.

Submitted Sept. 9, 2009 | flag

I am a current patient of Dr Mahon's. I 've found her to be very helpful and kind. She take the time to explain things to me and listens to what I have to say. I've never had a psychiatrist do that for me before. In my experiences they just ask you if the medicines you are taking are helping and then send you on your way. Dr. Mahon has a lovely office too. It doesn't feel like I'm in a doctor's office. I feel like I'm in a friend's sitting room having tea.

Submitted Feb. 24, 2009 | flag

My wife was a patient of Dr. Mahon's for almost one year and severely over-medicated her (in the opinion of 3 other doctors). Dr. Mahon also advised my wife to stop taking her anti-depressants after my wife complained of side-affects which sent her into severe withdrawal. Soon after, Dr. Mahon convinced me my wife was attempting to commit suicide and needed to be hospitalized because she stopped her medication and "missed an appointment" (for which my wife had none). Dr. Mahon violated my wife's HIPAA rights by sharing with me every detail of my wife's treatment and conversations with the Dr. Lastly, while in an appointment with Dr. Mahon the police arrived and forced my wife to go to the hospital or jail citing an incident that happened 10 yrs ago as the reason for hospitalization. The hospital released my wife within a few hours because they had no reason to commit her. Dr. Mahon is rude, unprofessional, egotistical, and will worsen any condition she is attempting to treat.

Submitted Dec. 8, 2008 | flag