Dr. Kanchan M. Mahon

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 9 reviews. Dr. Kanchan M. Mahon has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Psychiatrist-related: mental illness, depression, schizophrenia, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, substance abuse disorders, depression medication, pharmacological treatment, prescription drugs
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5681866
27/07/14 2 5 5 5 Dr. Mahon is recommends Xanax XR to all her anxiety patients. She tells them it's a great drug, but it's not! Side effects include extreme fatigue to the point of not being able to perform everyday tasks, dizziness, increased anxiety & depression. It definitely does not work for everyone!!!!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 5479949
15/05/14 3 3 1 1 My daughter was a patient of Dr. Mahon's. She is 23 years old and grew to trust her.She missed most of a semester of college ( 7 weeks). Dr Mahon said she would assist her with a medical withdrawal for the semester. Both of her parents were present for this meeting. The documentation she provided to the college was inaccurate and lacked sensitivity. I would not recommend her working with a young adult who is struggling. She does not have the perseverence or integretiy to deal with their complex issues.  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Kanchan" to "Kanchan M."
RID: 2478315

19/11/12 1 1 4 4 Dr mahon has been good and is knowlegable. Having her husband as a receptionist does not work well. Lack of communication between the two and rudeness from him is a major downfall. Also the average wait time to get in for your appt is about 40 min to an hour. If you try to ask about this, his response will be to make an earlier appt. No excuse for that long of a wait.
RID: 1513270
15/08/11 5 4 5 5 An amazingly kind, knowledgeable physician. She is an excellent listener and compassion personified.
RID: 1305291
01/12/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Mahon is awsome. I know for a fact I was near death when I visited her the first time with lithium toxicity and she has been the only person who helped me from day one. She's awsome in every respect, honestly!
Insurance: United Healthcare
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 1263603
02/10/10 5 5 5 5 Empathetic, knowledgeable, listens, understands, explains medication options.  Respond
RID: 983003

09/09/09 1 2 2 2 Professionally not impressed. Hours are not consistent, call backs take 2 to more days, sessions unimpressive and non progressive even after a year of treatment. Husband is the office manager, not impressed with him either. Overall poor rating in all aspects. Can get better treatment elsewhere.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 798537

24/02/09 4 3 5 5 I am a current patient of Dr Mahon's. I 've found her to be very helpful and kind. She take the time to explain things to me and listens to what I have to say. I've never had a psychiatrist do that for me before. In my experiences they just ask you if the medicines you are taking are helping and then send you on your way. Dr. Mahon has a lovely office too. It doesn't feel like I'm in a doctor's office. I feel like I'm in a friend's sitting room having tea.
RID: 739403

08/12/08 1 1 1 1 My wife was a patient of Dr. Mahon's for almost one year and severely over-medicated her (in the opinion of 3 other doctors). Dr. Mahon also advised my wife to stop taking her anti-depressants after my wife complained of side-affects which sent her into severe withdrawal. Soon after, Dr. Mahon convinced me my wife was attempting to commit suicide and needed to be hospitalized because she stopped her medication and "missed an appointment" (for which my wife had none). Dr. Mahon violated my wife's HIPAA rights by sharing with me every detail of my wife's treatment and conversations with the Dr. Lastly, while in an appointment with Dr. Mahon the police arrived and forced my wife to go to the hospital or jail citing an incident that happened 10 yrs ago as the reason for hospitalization. The hospital released my wife within a few hours because they had no reason to commit her. Dr. Mahon is rude, unprofessional, egotistical, and will worsen any condition she is attempting to treat.  Respond