You may also like

Rate Dr. Khashayar Shakiba

Dr. Khashayar Shakiba's Ratings

I had a prolapsed bladder that was repaired by another doctor, unfortunately, after that I suffered a complete pelvic prolapse. I was miserable! I was recommended to Doctor Shakiba by my gynecologist. Doctor Shakiba specializes in "pelvic reconstructive surgery". He doesn't just look at one aspect of your condition, but rather evaluates the complete problem. I have encountered lots of women who went for a "bladder lift" with other doctors an suffered the same consequences I did! There is hope!! Doctor Shakiba is noted for his minimally invasive approach to correcting these stage 3/4 prolapses with laparoscopic surgery. His concern and mine was that I may not be a candidate for this do to prior surgeries and scar tissue , including a colon re-section, hysterectomy, gallbladder, appendix/with rupture, etc., Doctor Shakiba contacted the surgeon who performed my last surgery and also reviewed my surgery, he said Ellen, I think we can do this. are you willing to try? We will put two small holes in your tummy and look around, if we can not do it, we will revert to a vaginal surgery! He did it!!! It worked!! A week to the day, I was a new person!! For anyone reading this, please know that I visited Doctor Shakiba a number of times and cancelled my surgery, I have a dread fear of anesthesia, he was patient, caring, supportive, never pressured me, laid out a course of action reassure me that he would do everything in his power to help me, and it worked! He is a very caring and gentle person, and an absolutely brilliant surgeon, who I have since discovered, performed the surgery of family members of other top doctors! His staff is amazing, the office is spotless, and you will have a new life, if you are one of the women who have this terrible prolapse!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2849501].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

I had a stage four pelvic prolapse which was severely affecting my quality of life .After several very helpful consults with the doctor and an exploratory procedure to examine the extent of my problem , Doctor Shakiba thoughtfully and thoroughly explained what I was experiencing and options to cure the problem. I subsequently made a decision on a course of action he recommended and had robotic surgery to repair my prolapse . The surgery was successful and uneventful with no unforeseen events. Recovery was speedy with virtually very little discomfort. Doctor Shakiba was outstanding in every respect as was his staff and I recommend him without reservation !

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2843055].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

After having two failed surgeries with other doctors to correct a prolapsed bladder, I decided to seek further treatment. Upon a co-worker's recommendation I made an appointment to see Dr. Shakiba and did not regret it. During the appointment, Dr. Shakiba put me at ease, and explained the procedure he would use to correct my situation. He was very patient, kind, caring, did not rush through the appointment and his bedside manner is "tops". Dr. Shakiba performed the robotic surgery on me a month ago and I am most pleased with the results. His office staff is one of the best I have come across. Real people answering the phones and handling your concerns in a timely manner. His examining rooms are spotless and I have not waited more than 10 minutes to be seen by Dr. Shakiba.
Had a known about Dr. Shakiba 4 years ago, all my worries, concerns and discomfort would have been taken care of. I honestly and sincerely recommend Dr. Shakiba. Simply stated,
"Dr. Shakiba is the Best".

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2783492].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Shakiba after a very complicated hysterectomy which resulted in a bladder fistula. I needed to wear a catheter and perhaps face further surgery on my bladder. Until I was recommended to Dr. Shakiba I was very uncomfortable with a catheter that was overinflated. He recognized the problem and immediately made me feel more comfortable. As soon as I met him he made me feel greatly at ease which for me was very important since I had gone through so much with my surgery. He was kind and took the time to explain the details of the type of bladder surgery I would need. He performed the cystoscope on me and was pleased to tell me that my bladder was healing itself by wearing the catheter. I am still under his care and each time I visit his office , I am so impressed not only by Dr. Shakiba, his physican's assitant and his entire staff. They make me feel welcome and are always there to answer a question no matter how big or small it may be. I have already recommended Dr. Shakiba to a few woman who need upcoming procedures performed and he truly is a doctor I can feel comfortable recommending.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2753823].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

I have nothing but GREAT things to say about this doctor and his staff .Very professional and Dr. Shakiba is very knowledgeable he is the best in his field. His staff is also very helpful and friendly ,After two and a half years of extreme discomfort I found the best doctor in the world
Thanks again to D r Shakiba I would recommend him all my friends

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2749676].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Dr Shakiba is a top rate doctor/surgeon. I use him and have recommended him to many! He is a sincere and highly talented doctor.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2722638].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2015

Dr. Shakiba preformed a total hysterectomy robotically on me 10 days ago. I had severe endometriosis and adenomyosis. It was so severe that I in fear of complications because everything was attached to other organs. Dr. Shakiba's bedside manner and knowledge helped to ease my mind before my surgery. This is big considering I suffer from anxiety and panic disorder and agoraphobia. Dr. Shakiba is an amazing surgeon and I highly recommend him. He is also one of the sweetest doctor's I know. If anyone needs a talented, competent, sympathetic surgeon, then Dr. Shakiba is who you want to call. And as an added bonus, his staff was a blessing too. Very pleasant and helpful. What could have been one of the scariest things I had to experience in my life was made much easier with the help of Dr. Shakiba and his staff.

Was this rating useful? 10 [[ userState['ratings'][2716972].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2015

I was referred to Dr Shakiba by my gynecologist for evaluation for laparoscopic hysterectomy due to uterine fibroids. I tried to get my gynecologist to refer me to a surgeon in network with my insurance but I was reassured that I should at least go see him as he's very reasonable and a good surgeon . After I made the appt I tried again to back out of it and I called his office staff to explain that I really don't want to use a surgeon out of network. I spoke with Chrissy and again I was reassured that t I should at least meet with Dr Shakiba then make my decision. Well, thank goodness I did! Dr Shakiba has awesome bedside manners, very easy to converse with, and very reasonable. His surgical skills are excellent and I was able ton return to work 4 weeks after my surgery feeling like myself again. Dr Shakiba is extremely accommodating as I needed to have my surgery during the Christmas. Holidays when I would have help at home. My first appt was Dec11th, he squeezed me into the schedule the ne xt day to have my biopsy done!! Dr Shakiba operated on me on Christmas Eve as that was the only schedule they could get in the OR at such short notice.!!! I went home Christmas Day and my recovery was uneventful.. The office staff, is very gracious as well. Chrissy completed all the paperwork for my disability insurance application in a timely manner and always returned my calls and answered my questions patiently. I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND DR. SHAKIBA. PS. I am a RN but wanted to be treated like a patient and Dr. Shakiba was just awesome.

Was this rating useful? 7 [[ userState['ratings'][2708340].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2015

For nearly 2 years, I had a recurring boil and several UTI's simultaneously. I went to my OBGYN, urologist, dermatologist, and primary doctor -- all of whom prescribed antibiotics for 1-2 weeks. None of the medicines worked. My OBGYN finally recommended I see a surgeon. I found Dr. Shakiba on the Internet. Once I met with him, he knew immediately I had an abscess and needed surgery which was done 2 business days later. Not only is he a skilled professional, but a true gentleman with a terrific personality. His office staff are knowledgeable and very efficient. The office and patient rooms are modern and clean. Dr. Shakiba is now my permanent OBGYN. Ladies, you will never find a better doctor then Dr. Shakiba.

Was this rating useful? 8 [[ userState['ratings'][2666497].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 30, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Shakiba by my own OBGYN. I was very concerned about my condition. He put my mind at ease by going over my procedure and options in detail. Prior to robotic surgery he asked me if I had any questions or concerns . He addressed all my issues and that I could call him anytime. Dr. Shakiba is a very professional and caring person. His staff is very friendly and appointments were punctual. Christine was very helpful and answered some questions I needed addressed. I have recommended Dr. Shakiba to two people, who I hope will become his patients. Many thanks to you and your staff.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2662118].votes_count ]]