Dr. Khashayar Shakiba

Grad. Year: 1997

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 20/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 42 reviews. Dr. Khashayar Shakiba has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dr. Khashayar Shakiba
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5615524
07/07/14 5 5 5 5 The best Gyno I have been to. I have been to 3 doctors in the past year. I found Dr. Shakiba on this website. He was the only doctor that took the time to understand my issues and find the root of the problem. I had to have surgery and I was concern with the scars, but Dr. Shakiba took into consideration my age and made sure the scars were minimal. He is caring and overall very knowledgable. I am very pleased with his services. The staff is also very reliable. I drive over an hour to see him I highly recommend him.
RID: 5469989
12/05/14 5 5 5 5 I chose Dr S even though I am self payed because of his superior reputation. I am so glad , if your are looking for a top notch doc / surgeon your search has ended. This doc and his staff are one in a million. I am six days post divinci hysterectomy surgery at hackensack hospital. I couldn't be more pleased with everything... He did a fantastic job. He us a very skilled surgeon up on all the late set tech and info . Every time I was in the office , consolation , tests etc he made himself and his staff avaliable to me.This doc really cares about his patients and actually listens to you. You will not find a better uro/gyno . I did plenty of searching for the right doc and am so glad I found Dr S. You will not be disappoint . This doc is a needle in a haystack and so his his amazing office staff and nurse.  Respond
RID: 5215277
28/02/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Shakiba was very sympathetic to my concerns, and has a wonderful bedside manner. I never had to wait more than 10 minutes for an appointment, and his staff was always very friendly. Dr. Shakiba did an excellent job explaining what caused my issues and also explained the surgery in depth. My concerns were fully addressed and taken care of within 2 months of my first appointment. My husband and I feel that doctor Shakiba gave me my pre-baby body back and we are very grateful for all of his hard work. The recovery was not very easy but it was all worth it in the end!
RID: 5170192
08/02/14 5 5 5 5 I would highly recommend Dr.Shakiba. I came to him in distress with severe Endometriosis, as a new patient, because I researched his advances in the da Vinci Hysterectomy. I had a near-fatal experience from anaphylactic shock in the OR a few months prior, and Dr. Shakiba welcomed both me and my scary health situation! He spent months working with the anesthesiologist at HUMC to determine a safe course of action for my surgery, and here I am, nearly three months later-pain free. He is kind and patient, and he is a fantastic doctor. You will not find a better gynecologist around.
RID: 3642989
27/12/13 5 5 5 5 After suffering with severe Pelvic Organ Prolapsed and Bladder problems for many years going from doctor to doctor fortunately I met Dr.Shakiba. My first consultation with Dr.Shakiba amazed me, he spend good 45 min. on explaining every details of my condition and the risks and benefits of the surgery. I left the office feeling special. Visiting his office numerous times I see that each and every one of his patients is special and getting individual attention and care from the doctor and his professional staff. This doctor is the most skilled, thoughtful, and intelligent doctor I have ever met. He is a great scientist and inventor in his field. I would like to emphasize that his office wouldn’t take my insurance. Dr.Shakiba explained to me my options and never spoke about the payment again. I wish Dr.Shakiba a good health and happiness. Not only will his magical hands, also his wonderful and compelling smile heel many of us. THANK YOU DR.SHAKIBA
RID: 3633114
16/12/13 5 5 5 5 I highly recommend Dr. Shakiba, from the first appointment I felt confident I had found the doctor who would perform my surgery. He is a doctor who listens to his patients, explains everything, offers options and opinions. The office staff is very friendly and wonderful at handling all the details involved. Surgery went wonderful, had a fast recovery and am so thankful to have my quality of life restored.
RID: 3590422
29/10/13 5 5 5 5 I am an RN and I am pretty picky when it comes to choosing who provides care for myself and my family. I hit the jackpot with Dr. Shakiba as he is incredibly knowledgable, trustworthy, competent, and caring. I really feel cared for and at ease with this man. I have been dealing with a pretty stubborn problem and Dr. Shakiba has been the most proactive and productive in dealing with my health issue, coming up with the best solution I have been offered so far. I have never felt rushed or unimportant. He spends time with you and has a really warm bedside manner...which goes such a long way. His office staff at his Hackensack Hospital office are friendly, accommodating, and very organized. They don't miss a beat...even down to remembering to validate my parking when I have forgotten. I always get a warm reception and smiles. :) It's also incredible how quickly I am seen! I am so incredibly happy I found this doctor. Two emphatic thumbs up. :)
RID: 3585691
24/10/13 5 5 5 5 I initially saw Dr. Shakiba for examination for Sterilization Clearance. However; Dr. Shakiba immediately noticed an extremely enlarged Fibroid that need treatment. Surgery & removal was the optimal treatment and Dr. Shakiba provided extended information, consultation and recommendations throughout the process. the surgery was a great success; both in removal and recovery. I highly and strongly recommend Dr. Shakiba for a thorough exam for any issues one may have and also for ongoing care.
RID: 3575583
21/10/13 5 5 5 5 Dr.Shakiba was amazing from the moment I called for appointment he saw me in between his surgeries that day knowing I was having issues. He and his office staff did everything in their power to get me in for surgery and had me in the OR with in a few weeks. My surgery went well I feel like a new person he is an amazing surgeon even after the surgery did not rush me out of the hospital until he knew I was in less pain. His office was very professional and did everything to make this surgery as easy as possible for me they have been very attentive to me and very professional. Hackensack Hospital is where I had my surgery I rated that hospital A+ from the moment I walk in to the moment I left everyone from cleaning to nursing were amazing.
RID: 2873347
23/09/13 5 5 5 5 I felt very comfortable every time I went to this office. Dr. Shakiba was very informative and explained everything in full. Surgery and after care have been very satisfying to me.
RID: 2819749
28/08/13 5 5 5 5 I am so grateful that I found Dr. Shakiba!! Before coming to him, my earlier gynecologist had misdiagnosed me and led me to believe that I had a simple cyst that may go away on its own, but Dr. Shakiba found that I actually had an endometrioma that required surgery. Here my wedding was coming up in a little over a month and my health insurance was about to run out, so Dr. Shakiba squeezed me into his schedule and operated on me exactly a month before my wedding. I was so scared, but he assured me that I would have a quick recovery and would be able to dance at my wedding. Well, he was right!!! Dr. Shakiba is a truly wonderful doctor!! He is knowledgeable and to the point, while at the same time kind and sensitive. His staff is also wonderful, always responsive and taking time to address any concerns I may have. I am so thankful I found Dr. Shakiba and highly recommend him!!
RID: 2814252
26/08/13 5 5 5 5 Four years ago I had extensive prolapse surgery which left me with chronic pelvic pain. I went from doctor to doctor in an attempt to find relief, but there was no success. In October 2012 I saw Dr. Shakiba who rather than refer me to another doctor, expressed confidence that he could help alleviate my suffering. After Dr. Shakiba conducted several tests, he explained at length what my options were, including injections and further surgery. Ultimately he decided that I could try oral pain medication and, so far, this medication has helped immeasurably. I feel as if relief is in sight. Dr. Shakiba was completely honest about my condition and at all times deeply concerned about my health and well-being. He will be supervising my care over the coming months and adjusting the medication as needed. He is a very caring professional who, along with his highly efficient staff, has provided me with the pain relief I have sought for so long. I am extremely grateful and recommend him highly.
RID: 2744125
01/08/13 5 4 5 5 Very kind and caring Dr. Excellent at explaining medical procedure needed. Took his time, I never felt rushed. His staff are also wonderful. Would highly recommend Dr. Shakiba.
Insurance: Oxford
RID: 2707622
12/07/13 5 5 5 5 I recently underwent Robotic Laparoscopic Hysterectomy surgery. I lived with huge fibroid tumors and the consequences of them for years trying to avoid surgery. Over the years, I considered numerous physicians to resolve this condition never resulting in a confidence level that would allow me proceed. In fact, just before meeting Dr. Shakiba I had scheduled my surgery with another doctor who told me laparoscopic surgery was not an option for me given the size and location of my tumors. THANK GOD, for Dr. Shakiba! Not only do I think Dr. Shakiba is an extraordinarily skilled surgeon but also a truly caring and likable individual with a warm and amiable bedside manner. I’m only sorry I can’t continue to see him for my regular gynecological visits. As difficult as my surgery was, Dr. Shakiba made the experience virtually painless. In the end, I had a few small incisions in my belly that eight weeks later are barely visible. I highly recommend Dr. Shakiba and am so happy I was fortunate enough to find him.
RID: 2663647
27/05/13 5 5 5 5 I am a patient of Dr. Shakiba's and would like to share my experience of him with you. On May 9, 2013 I had myomectomy surgery performed and would like to thank Dr. Shakiba and his staff for an amazing experience and professionalism. Dr. Shakiba performed the surgery even though many others refused to do it due to my previous two surgeries that weren't very successful. From the very first visit Dr. Shakiba gave me hope for the very successful procedure and results. Dr. Shakiba has been outstanding in treating my health issue and I am so grateful to have a doctor that is prompt and professional in helping with my medical needs. He is extremely knowledgeable and I would highly recommend him for your medical needs. Also, I would like to thank everyone at Dr. Shakiba's office for their kindness, help and professionalism any time you call or visit. Truly an amazing experience!!!  Respond
RID: 2635358
29/04/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Shakiba is a perfect doctor and is everything that a true doctor should be: focused, honest, caring, and very gentle in his touch. He just helped me fix an irritating urinary infection that came after my pelvic surgery. Not only is he an excellent and highly-skilled surgeon, he also provides top-shelf service when it comes to gynecological matters. The American Medical Association needs to raise the bar and license doctors only if they are at least half as skilled, knowledgeable, dedicated, and sincere as Dr. Shakiba is. /m/  Respond
RID: 2579470
07/03/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Shakiba has been a wonderful gynecologist for my unique female conditions for the past 2 years. I was referred to him by a urologist who spoke very highly of his capabilities. During our first consultation, I was very impressed with his depth of knowledge, experience and sensitivity as a pelvic surgeon. He would eventually perform my myemectomy which he was very thorough in preparing me for. I was very comfortable with him performing Davinci/Robotic surgery and extremely satisfied with the long lasting results. I have since made Dr. Shakiba my OBGYN and I look forward to him being my physician when I begin a family. I have and will continue to refer my friends and family to him because of his professionalism and insight into the often complex nature of a woman. He has been a blessed addition to my life. I highly recommend him.
RID: 2566020
20/02/13 5 5 5 5 Dr, Shakiba was absolutely wonderful. He was thorough, professional and answered all of my questions. I was very nervous at first, but he quickly put me at ease. The procedure was a success and I am no longer suffering. I truly appreciate the fact that he carefully weighed all of my options and never compelled me to choose one option over another. He respected my decision and for that I am truly grateful. I will continue to follow up with Dr. Shakiba.
RID: 2561222
16/02/13 5 5 5 5 Words cannot express the gratitude that I have for Dr. Shakiba. He saved my life. I have endured years of pain and suffering due to pelvic pain, heavy periods and infertility. I've gone to specialist after specialist to no avail. I was on Vicodin and Percocet daily for my pain with no hope for a cure for my issues. My doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. I went to Dr. Shakiba and he was able to diagnose me within a week. He also performed my surgery and after years of pain - I feel great! He has a compassionate demeanor and he knows his stuff. He has been an angel sent by God to me and my husband. We have gone thru so much with doctors but Dr. Shakiba has changed our lives. We can't thank him enough!
RID: 2556751
11/02/13 4 4 5 4 I found the doctor very nice and informative. He made me feel at ease because I was nervous. The surgery was successful and I healed quickly. I will continue to have this doctor as my regular gyn and I will refer him to my family and friends!  Respond
RID: 2551129
05/02/13 5 5 5 5 It took a long time to find a doctor with the specific knowledge and skills to take care of my Pelvic Organ Prolapse. Dr Shakiba has advance knowledge and technology to deal with this sensitive area. Where other doctors told me to just "live with it", he explained the extent of the problem in three seperate areas. He had a plan that was not too aggressive but would solve the problems I was experiencing. He was compassionate, kind, and generous. I would recommend Dr Shakiba to anyone living with a Pelvic Organ Prolapse. Mary Zetelski.  Respond
RID: 2533770
17/01/13 5 5 5 5 For months, I had been experiencing issues with excessive bleeding as well as urinary retention. My urologist suggested a vaginal sonogram where upon he found out that my uterus had grown rather large and I had various fibroids in and out of my uterus. He also stated that one fibroid was pushing on my bladder, thus causing urinary retention. He suggested that I see my gynecologist immediately. My physician suggested a hysterectomy, but did not detect other issues. However, a family member suggested that I get a second opinion. My second opinion was Dr. Shakiba. Dr. Shakiba was and will always be my savior. He along with another colleague agreed that I needed a hysterectomy, however I also needed pelvic reconstruction. Together, these two physicians spent hours answering my questions and completing further tests to ensure that my organs were going to be okay. He is talented, knowledgeable, empathetic and humorous. He cares deeply about making his patients comfortable and well.
RID: 2501662
15/12/12 5 5 5 5 Amazing doctor. Extremely knowledgable. he Fixed a problem for me that no other doctor had seen before in this country.  Respond
RID: 2498377
12/12/12 5 3 5 5 Dr. Shakiba and his staff were excellent, making me feel comfortable during a very stressful time. Although I had to wait for a couple of office visits, I learned first hand why I should be patient since my own surgery went longer than expected. Dr. Shakiba is thoughtful and caring, answers questions thoroughly and has a very gentle demeanor. He was never rushed and took the time to make me feel comfortable. Dr. Shakiba's staff was very helpful in coordinating schedules, follow through with insurance, and follow up with any questions I had. I would highly recommend Dr. Shakiba and his staff to others.
RID: 2483200
26/11/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Shakiba is one a kind. He is on top of his science and knows the latest technology in his field. I went to him for a second opinion and ended up having him do my surgery. Best decision I made. He is kind, caring, patient and gives you all the time and attention you need. His confidence made me feel I was in great hands. If you are a female with gynecological problems he is your guy.
RID: 2478014
19/11/12 5 4 5 5 Dr. Shakiba is a very thoughtful and knowledgeable doctor. He was more than willing to learn about my case and even when is was apparent that I had one of the most severe cases of endometriosis he still did everything in his power to help me. I greatly appreciate all of his input and efforts. After having my surgery, which was four hours long, I now feel I have my best chance at getting pregnant. I would highly recommend Dr. Shakiba to any women who has had struggles with endometriosis or fertility. He is a talented doctor and genuine person.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 2476485
16/11/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Shakiba and his staff do everything possible to make your surgery as smooth as possible. I would highly recommend him if you are considering surgery.
RID: 2468246
07/11/12 5 5 5 5 The best and smart doctor ever!I am so glad I found him to perform mu Hysterectomy!Thank you very much!Ellen
RID: 2458452
26/10/12 3 4 2 3 I had the urethral sling surgery; however, it was not successful. I still cannot drink a normal 8-12 ounces of water without badly leaking within an hour. This doctor, although highly recommended by a friend, did not communicate as clearly with me as I would have wanted. I probably should have asked many more questions. He and his assistant kept wanting me to fit the profile of someone who leaks when sneezing or coughing which I don't. At this point, I believe I fit the overactive bladder profile since my bladder doesn't seem to hold much before it leaks. I am disappointed that I risked the surgery when I am no better off now and have this artificial sling inside of me for life.
Respond

01/04/12 SYSTEM: 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1722141
25/02/12 5 5 5 5 He is a wonderful caring doctor; extremely knowledgeable and highly skilled!  Respond
RID: 1694911
24/01/12 5 4 5 5 Dr. Shakiba is one of the most compassionate doctors I have ever met. After suffering for severe endometriosis and pregnancy loss, he performed surgery on me, and I was able to conceive shortly thereafter and gave birth to a beautiful baby boy in September. He will speak to you at great length about your condition, and is very cary. I would highly recommend him.
RID: 1569520
24/10/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Shakiba is a very good doctor. He has great bedside manor. Great person to talk to.
RID: 1563005
17/10/11 5 5 5 5 He is one of the best and Genius Dr. I have ever met.I relay recommend him to anybody who need and I trust him %100 :)Thank you Dr. Shakiba for you service. Roozbeh  Respond
RID: 1560636
13/10/11 4 5 5 5 He is a Doctor that truely cares about his patients. I had a medical emergency and was turned away by my doctor of 9 years. I was so scared but after talking to Dr. Shakiba on the phone I felt so much safer. During my visit everything was explained to me in great detail, he takes the time to make sure you understand. He was patient when I repeated the same question over and over. This is a doctor who is here for his patients and not the money.  Respond
RID: 1420209
19/04/11 5 5 4 5 Good doctor - but he has sort of a funny bedside manner. However, if you ask him a question - he'll talk to you forever - and I mean that in a good way. He doesn't shrug you off and was never condecending... Things I look for in a doctor.
RID: 1397232
25/03/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Shakiba is amazing. He is very knowledgeable and was there through out my pregnancy. He delivered my big, healthy, strong 9lb 14oz boy. I couldn't be any happier with Dr. Shakiba and the great care he has provided for me.
RID: 1239093
28/08/10 5 5 5 5 After suffering with endometriosis for years, I have finally found a doctor who is compassionate and truly cares about the well-being of his patient. Dr. Shakiba did surgery on me last month and was very helpful in explaining everything in great detail following the surgery. He makes you feel very comfortable and at ease, and calls you himself with test results. I would highly recommend him!
RID: 973726
27/08/09 2 3 5 5 This doctor is amazing!! I had a troublesome pregnancy and he was there for me through all of it. He is always patient, kind, and has gone out of his way to make sure I was always comfortable and knew what exactly what was going on. He would come to meet me in the middle of the night at the hospital even when he was not on call. The best doctor I have ever used. I recommend him to everyone, you will never have another doctor who cares as much as he does about his patients.
RID: 935674
13/07/09 5 5 5 5 He is the best doctor! He is very thoughtful, gentle and informative. I will definitely come refer him to everyone i know.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 783021
06/02/09 5 5 5 5 He performed a hysterectomy on me 2 months ago. He is very informative and attentive.
RID: 647085
24/07/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Shakiba is one of the most personable, caring, wonderful doctors i've seen. I am grateful to have him as my doctor. -Jodi Singer
RID: 606700
04/06/08 5 4 5 5 Outstanding doctor. Kind, patient, knowledgeable. Picked up on some things no had previously. Would definitely recommend!
* - Rating left by a registered user