Dr. Sidney B. Newman

Grad. Year: 1967

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 13 reviews. Dr. Sidney B. Newman has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dermatologist-related: skin disease, warts, acne, rash, dermatitis, skin tumors, moles, skin cancer, psoriasis
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

28/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.6

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Sidney" to "Sidney B."

04/10/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "LOS ALAMITOS" to "Huntington Beach"
RID: 2716619
23/07/13 3 3 1 3 I don't know if he was having a bad day with my appointment, but he was NOT helpful. I came in because i had some acne on my jaw line that wouldn't go away. It was cystic but the rest of my face was fine. I also had scars from a bad facial. He said that the only way to get rid of it was to take acutane and that i needed laser treatment to remove the scars. I was mortified! My acne was definitely not that bad for all of that. I ended up switching my BC to one that helps acne and it all went away. I also got some bleaching cream from another dermatologist and now my scars are gone. I don't know what he was thinking that day but I will never go to him again.  Respond
RID: 2638592
02/05/13 5 5 5 5 I've been going to Dr. Newman for over twenty years now. HE IS THE BEST!!! He has the best personality and is always very informative. I love that he and his staff always make you feel important. I would HIGHLY recommend him!
RID: 2621912
19/04/13 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Newman off and on for forty years. He is the best! You will not find a better dermatologist anywhere.
RID: 2544407
29/01/13 5 5 5 5 Moved away but always make sure i see Dr. Newman when I come home to visit. Wonderful bedside manner and thourough
Paid (or co-pay): $35
RID: 1548348
27/09/11 5 5 5 5 My son went to Dr. Newman in the spring for skin cancer. I went back with him for a follow-up and to become a patient also. I was very impressed with his clinical skills, patience and his ability to relate to patients of different ages. I have been a practicing RN for over 30 years and can say that Dr. Newman is a class all by himself! His staff was all very competent and pleasant. I will continue to see Dr. Newman even though I live 3 hours away. Thanks again, Lisa Geduld, RN
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1513695
16/08/11 5 5 5 5 Helpful, on time, knows exactly what your individual needs are.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1511138
12/08/11 5 5 5 5 I took my son to Dr.Newman,we both LOVED him! He's knowledgeable, funny, interesting,kind and knew exactly how to relate to my 16 year old. I wish he was a GP, so I could have him treat my whole family. And maybe some of his wonderful energy would rub off on us! Also, we did not wait, Dr.Newman was right on time, but if we had waited an hour it would have been OK with us. Dr. Newman is worth the wait! He makes you feel like you are his only patient!
RID: 1458438
06/06/11 4 5 5 5 Wonderful doctor! Very friendly and knowlegable. Assured me that my problem wasn't as bad as I thought. Free samples which was great! :) Would highly recommend him.
Paid (or co-pay): $95
RID: 1254742
20/09/10 5 5 5 5 I wish Dr. Newman was a GP because I would not hesitate to see him for all medical needs. He has personality plus, extremely helpful, and ALWAYS gives you 100%. Calls, personally, with biopsy results and seems to thoroughly enjoy his work. A WONDERFUL, CARING DOCTOR...these days, hard to find!
Insurance: Coventry
RID: 1247137
09/09/10 5 5 5 5 Awesome dermatologist. Very energetic, personable, funny, and engaging. He calls personally with results, and when he prescribed a cream for my husband, and we had concerns about him wearing it around our newborn son, on two separate occasions, he was kind enough to call me to speak about it. I highly recommend him.  Respond
RID: 889854
17/05/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. Newman is in a busy office with other doctors so sometimes you have to wait. However, he is worth it. Very knowledgeable with excellent skills in his field. A gentle touch, a terrific bedside manner, and quite willing to remove things that you want removed.
RID: 805525
03/03/09 4 5 5 5 Great dermatologist. Calls quickly with any results he has!
Insurance: Aetna