Dr. Firooz B. Amjadi

Grad. Year: 1994

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 18 reviews. Dr. Firooz B. Amjadi has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5600113
05/07/14 5 5 5 5 I wish I could have Dr. Amjadi as my regular doctor he was very knowledgeable and informative. He was great at answering all my questions and would even have normal conversations with me. He had a great bedside manner and was very attentive to me at the hospital as well. He had to perform two surgeries on me and it went great. I had told him I don't care about my scar but he did anyways and I swear he could be a plastic surgeon my scar is pretty. I have about 80-90% pain improvement which is incredible. I couldn't be happier with my results
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 5564101
16/06/14 5 5 5 5 Getting major back surgery was a life changing ordeal. I was very active and athletic and back issues had greatly slowed my life down and affected all aspects of my life. I was not happy about having to go through with such a major surgery at a young age (33). But Dr. Amjadi was confident that an L4/L5 fusion would solve all the pain/numbness and weakening in my left leg caused by the bulging disc in that part of my back. The surgery went flawless, scar is minimal, and recovery has been slow, but great. I just passed a year mark and everything is feeling great. Very thankful to Dr. Amjadi and his staff, it was a great experience in a very challenging time of my life. It was nice being able to stay in Bakersfield and get top notch surgeon expertise.  Respond
RID: 5559256
13/06/14 5 5 5 5 I was referred to Dr. Amjadi by another Dr in 2011. Dr Amjadi provided excellent care and much to my relief advised against cervical surgery until all non-surgical options had been exhausted. After epidurals and physical therapy provided limited, short term relief, we discussed surgical fusion. I put off the surgical option for 2 years and nerve issues gave me no choice but to proceed with cervical fusion. Contrary to my fears, surgery went great. The outside of my hands no longer lack 'feeling' and still have great range and mobility in my neck. At hospital prior to surgery, I spoke with 3 seperate professional, working at the hospital not affiliated with Dr. Amjadi's practice, who spoke highly of his abilities and care for his patients. If you are looking for a reference, here ya go!
Respond

02/06/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.4
RID: 5499009
28/05/14 5 5 5 5 I received excellent care from Dr. Firooz Amjadi and his office staff. Dr. Amjadi has a positive attitude, and his staff reflects that attitude: they are helpful, friendly and courteous. I suddenly lost much of my range of motion in my right arm with associated loss of strength and grip. The cause was pressure against my spinal cord from the vertebrate in my neck. It was an emergency situation. Because of the build of my neck, it would not be an easy surgery, and that made the prospect quite frightening. Dr. Amjadi, however, put me as much at ease as possible. He was open, honest, sensitive to my fears, fully understood my desire to recover, and always kept an element of humor. I think he “reads” his patients well. This was true throughout my treatment including my follow-up appointments. Although I was “one of his most difficult surgeries,” it was completely successful. In my opinion, Dr. Amjadi is not only a fine surgeon, but he is also a fine man.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 5316236
28/03/14 5 5 5 5 I was 19 when I started having severe back pain. After seeing an orthopedic doctor, I was told that I had two 4mm bulges in two of my lower lumbar discs. I went through a year and a half of physical therapy and cortisone and epidural injections, only to realize that the pain wasn't going away. I was referred to Dr. Amjadi by my pain management doctor in late 2012. After another couple of rounds of epidurals with no relief, and him finding two weak joints in my spine, Dr. Amjadi and I decided surgery was pretty much my only option left. At 22, back surgery was a serious decision, but he wasted no time in reassuring me and making me feel most comfortable. I had spinal fusion and disc decompression surgery in March of 2013. Dr. Amjadi did an amazing job!!! I've now been a little over a year with no numbness, tingling, or pain in my legs. My back pain is very little to none everyday. I wouldn't be where I am now without him! I highly recommend Dr. Amjadi to anyone needing spinal procedures.  Respond
RID: 5195158
19/02/14 5 5 5 5 If you want to be coddled he's not your guy. If you want to be out of pain, and have a good outcome, this is your man. Thank you Dr Amjadi.
RID: 5173889
11/02/14 5 5 5 5 I would recommend my own Family members. He will only do the Best. He helped me Immeasurably. Thank you Dr. Amjadi.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 3645696
01/01/14 5 5 5 5 knowledgeable in his field, and very professionable. I would recommend him to anyone with a back problem.
RID: 3645308
31/12/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Amjadi changed my life. At only 29, I'd been dealing with a pinched nerve down my left leg constantly and was miserable, living on pain killers. This man is one of those rare doctors that actually cares about you and your problem more than $. I'm only two weeks out from my spinal fusion surgery and already feel like a new person. Don't get me wrong, the first few days after surgery are hard. But the nerve pain is completely gone, which is a miracle to me. This is the best doctor if you have nerve/back pain. I drove from San Luis Obispo to see him and it's the best decision I've made.
RID: 3593965
02/11/13 5 5 5 5 Accurate diagnosis and surgery and went well... kind and gentle. Very professional and excellent staff...
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Firooz" to "Firooz B."
RID: 2903599
09/10/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Amjadi is the best! I had fusion of C6, C7, and T1 with not as much pain as the doctor warned me about. I have always found the doctor to be very caring and personable. If you are in any pain in your back or neck, this is the doctor you want to see!
RID: 2777708
19/08/13 5 5 5 5 This doctor is amazing. He changed my life. The spinal fusion took away 97% of my pain and brought back much of the feeling in my legs. Be advised it is a difficult surgery with a long recovery.
RID: 2720376
27/07/13 5 5 5 5 When I first went to Dr. Amjadi in 2011 I was pretty much bed ridden. Thanks to Dr. Amjadi's excellent sugical skills I am about 85% better and still improving.
Respond

07/10/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2084763
27/04/12 5 4 5 5 Dr. Amjadi (Bakersfield, CA) in my opinion is an excellent doctor. My wife had cervical fusion surgery (c4-c6) at UCLA in 2009 and took 6-7 weeks for the pain from the surgery to go away. Dr. Amjadi performed a second cervical fusion (c6-c7) and my wife's recovery from the pain was within 7 days. Dr. Amjadi's says he uses a minimum evasive approach to surgery. UCLA left a lot of scaring in the first procedure which in my opinion was a very aggressive surgical approach and the reason for the long term pain. It is possible that my wife might have to have surgery to c2-c3 in the future. I will not hesitate for a moment to have Dr. Amjadi perform the surgery. He is very professional, skilled and has an excellent surgical team. His staff is excellent and his skills are are second to none.
RID: 2056803
20/04/12 5 5 5 5 Definitely a doctor I highly recommend. After a freak accident when I was 24 I lost 2 of my lower discs. As time progressed I needed fusion surgery. I couldn't ask for a more professional and caring doctor. He really does know the best treatment for his patients and as a surgeon tries to avoid surgery and uses it as a last option. It has been little over a year since my surgery and I can honestly say that it was the best decision. He may come off stern and direct, but his honesty and knowledge of peoples condition is worth trusting. I found it refreshing that I wasn't b-s'ed around. Highly recommend Dr. Amjadi
RID: 1374036
28/02/11 5 5 5 5 Awesome!! he gave me my life back!! was bed ridden before my spinal fusion!I would recommend him to anyone with back pain!!
RID: 1356563
07/02/11 5 5 5 5 I found Dr. Amjadi to be very personable and caring. He is an excellent surgeon. I had immediate relief from the pain I had been experiencing for years. I highly recommend him.
RID: 863209