Rate Dr. Joo-Hyung Lee

Dr. Joo-Hyung Lee's Ratings

On two occasions he has flippantly dismissed my symptoms only to have to apologize and back-peddle when they became debilitating later on. He failed to inform me of options that were available to me when I was having difficulty tolerating a particular medication (I had to research it all on my own), and I believe that he has also lied to my face about the potential damage my disease is capable of causing. I understand that physicians are not perfect people, but It is my opinion that Dr. Lee's arrogance is inexcusable, and it makes me distrust everything he says. Unfortunately, I have HMO insurance and he and his practice partner are my only two options for rheumatologic care. I would NEVER recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2480942].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

Dr. Lee is one of a very few doctors that take their time to sit down with a patient and explain what's going on. He doesn't talk down at you and treats you with respect. He never pushed any drugs on me and I feel very confident in his knowledge and experience. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][782173].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2013

It took 6 months for my previous primary MD to offer a consult. She was running out of ideas, Urgent Care Md's had no ideas. I could hardly walk, the pain was unbearable. Enter Dr. Lee into the picture! Turns out there were 2 separate diseases making my body go crazy. He fixed the hard one and has the arthritis under control. My husband and I have each referred several people to him, people who desperately want either a second opinion or a proper work-up/diagnosis. The people we have sent to him are as grateful for his knowledge, kindness and abilities as we are. Dr Lee's staff is very good about squeezing someone with a pain crisis into his schedule; I don't worry about his punctuality. He answers all my questions and never acts like he is trying to back out of the room as quickly as possible. He is just the best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][782172].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2009

He tends to throw prescriptions at the problem rather than find out what's really going on or much concern about drug interactions. I suffered serious effects from interactions of drugs he prescribed me. If I had taken everything he prescribed me, I might have been made seriously ill.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][782171].votes_count ]]