Dr. Jing Dong

Grad. Year: 1988

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 16 reviews. Dr. Jing Dong has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Ophthalmologist-related: eye treatment, eye diseases, vision, eye surgery, corneal surgery, oculoplastics and reconstruction surgery, intraocular lens implantation, refractive surgery, cataract surgery, corneal transplantation, glaucoma, low vision, uveitis, corneal infections, hereditary dystrophies, eye laser surgery, vision correction surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5586350

28/06/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.5  Respond
RID: 2893196

03/10/13 2 1 1 1 I was a patient of Blue/Dong 22 yrs. Severed all contact after their unprofessional, unnecessary surgery, impossible wait time (neither is definitely all that!). Dong's surgery was w/o anesthesia, a pill though he says he's an MD. I felt every suture & heard his irresponsible remarks. I was Blue's first RK patient. Good for a few yrs but 2 add'l lasik surgeries were done w/no effect. Said I had macular degeneration--I don't--real professional MDs have told me. Their work is not warranted, does not help,is even lies & I have alerted federal BC of their fraudulent billing. I have all their records & have been told so much is wrong.
RID: 2772979
17/08/13 5 4 2 3 Saw Dong for many years..Keep complaining of eye pain. He passed it off as eye strain. I knew it had to be more...My pain was debilitating... Saw another doctor who diagnosed uveitis....If I kept seeing Dong , I could have lost my sight....
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2559824
14/02/13 5 5 5 5 I have had poor vision a few years, due to cataracts. Dr Dong removed both and there was no pain. I now see perfectly. His workers are the best. I loved the experience there. I would certainly recommend Him to anyone. Truly, it could not have gone better. Since I had no insurance, He helped me out so that I did not have to pay full price. Everyone there is so sweet and makes you so comfortable. It is a great place to go for eye treatment.  Respond
RID: 2455413
23/10/12 5 4 5 5 Today was my second visit to Dr. Dong. Very friendly and helpful office staff. Dr. Dong was very pleasant and professional. He answered all my questions without rushing out the door. I have and will continue to recommend him to acquaintances.  See Responses
RID: 2388043
30/07/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Dong was prompt and to the point, yet seemed more than happy to address all of my issues and concerns. The staff were also very courteous, and I found the wait time very reasonable. They even phoned in my prescription to my pharmacy before I even left the office! I must admit, I was a little apprehensive during my first visit after reading some of the reviews here, but do keep in mind that most people do not bother writing reviews unless they have a complaint.
Paid (or co-pay): $95
RID: 1550477

30/09/11 2 1 1 2 Having been a patient of Dr. Dong's for over 12 years I feel I can speak with some credibility. I will no longer emply him as my physician. The billing office has a liar in charge or at best an incompetent - beware. Dr. Dong himself seem to be more motivated by greed now than good, measured care of old. I guess it is to pay for his equestrian estate in Oconee County and his children going to private school sand colleges. He diagnosed my wife with something that after a second opinion does not even exist. The parking is terrible, the waits are long as they obviously overbook each day I, my wife and my children have been there. In my opinion his operation which was once the best in now a total sham ment to bilk the insurance companies out of tons of money. Beware Dr. Dong karma will visit you one day.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1516087

18/08/11 4 1 1 1 First of all the wait time is crazy. I waited for 2 hours thinking maybe this is a sign that he spends a lot of time with his patients. WRONG. He spent a whopping 1 minute with my child. Never bring your children to Dr.Dong. He is rude and he treated my child with disrespect. He acted like I was an idiot, because I didn't know as much about the eye as he did. Some of the staff was okay, but this doctor was horrible. I never leave comments under things like this, but I was so upset after leaving there.
Insurance: CIGNA
See Responses

14/08/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

18/04/11 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1249876
13/09/10 5 4 5 5 I highly recomend Dr Dong. My entire family from my Mom who is 78yrs old to all of my 4 grandchildren see him. He has treated my grandaughter from the time she was 2. He has preform eye surgery on her and catarat surgey on my Mother along with many of my firend. His office is clean and comfortable. His staff is kind and courtous and will make sure everything can be done to help you. Dr Dong is very highly respected in the Athens and sorrounding areas.
RID: 1245659

08/09/10 1 1 1 1 This man is perhaps the most unpleasant individual I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. He is rude, inappropriate, inarticulate, aggressive, and cruel. He physically pushed my daughter when she would not sit still enough to have her eyes tested on the first try. He yelled at her, and demanded she "obey" him! This man should not be allowed to interact with anyone, least of all children! She was so terrified of this monster of a man that she actually had nightmares of him pushing her! Please do not subject yourself, your children, or any loved one to this reprehensible "doctor."
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1090621
27/01/10 5 4 4 5 Went in for cataract evaluation after referred by my optometrist. Dr. Dong said the cataracts were not ready to be removed and proved that my vision could be improved with glasses. I appreciated his honesty. I will definitely return to his office when the cataracts are ready to be removed.
RID: 1048150

02/12/09 3 3 1 1 My father, like many elderly people, is just starting to get cataracts. They don't really bother him at all, but Dr. Dong told him to get surgery. He never said to just wait and see how the cataracts progress, or to get a second opinion. Thankfully, my sister and I finally talked my father out of rushing into the surgery (it was difficult, though), and convinced him to go get a second opinion. AFAIK, Dr. Dong never informed my father of the risks of such an operation either, especially since he takes Flomax (which has been known to cause complications with cataract surgery). Please stay away from this doctor. It sounds like he just wants the money.
Insurance: Medicare
Paid (or co-pay): $200
RID: 1041580
23/11/09 5 5 5 5 Absolutely recommend Dr. Dong..He and his staff work hard to make the patient feel as comfortable as they possibly can! Very friendly staff.  Respond
RID: 749998
26/12/08 5 5 5 5 highly recommend for surgery very nice surgical facilities at the office.professional and caring staff.
RID: 490208
21/01/08 4 4 5 5 I highly recommend Dr. Dong. He is a highly skilled professional, answered all of my questions, and very thorough.
RID: 1518
10/09/04 5 4 4 He was very professional and empathetic when he told me I was at risk for glaucoma and took his time to explain it to me. He is a good doctor but he does seem to rush his patients a bit. Works in the same practice with Dr. Blue.
* - Rating left by a registered user