Rate Dr. Jing Dong

Dr. Jing Dong's Ratings

I was a patient of Blue/Dong 22 yrs. Severed all contact after their unprofessional, unnecessary surgery, impossible wait time (neither is definitely all that!). Dong's surgery was w/o anesthesia, a pill though he says he's an MD. I felt every suture & heard his irresponsible remarks. I was Blue's first RK patient. Good for a few yrs but 2 add'l lasik surgeries were done w/no effect. Said I had macular degeneration--I don't--real professional MDs have told me. Their work is not warranted, does not help,is even lies & I have alerted federal BC of their fraudulent billing. I have all their records & have been told so much is wrong.

Submitted Oct. 3, 2013 | flag

Saw Dong for many years..Keep complaining of eye pain. He passed it off as eye strain. I knew it had to be more...My pain was debilitating... Saw another doctor who diagnosed uveitis....If I kept seeing Dong , I could have lost my sight....

Submitted Aug. 17, 2013 | flag

I have had poor vision a few years, due to cataracts. Dr Dong removed both and there was no pain. I now see perfectly. His workers are the best. I loved the experience there. I would certainly recommend Him to anyone. Truly, it could not have gone better. Since I had no insurance, He helped me out so that I did not have to pay full price. Everyone there is so sweet and makes you so comfortable. It is a great place to go for eye treatment.

Submitted Feb. 14, 2013 | flag

Today was my second visit to Dr. Dong. Very friendly and helpful office staff. Dr. Dong was very pleasant and professional. He answered all my questions without rushing out the door. I have and will continue to recommend him to acquaintances.

Submitted Oct. 23, 2012 | flag

Dr. Dong was prompt and to the point, yet seemed more than happy to address all of my issues and concerns. The staff were also very courteous, and I found the wait time very reasonable. They even phoned in my prescription to my pharmacy before I even left the office! I must admit, I was a little apprehensive during my first visit after reading some of the reviews here, but do keep in mind that most people do not bother writing reviews unless they have a complaint.

Submitted July 30, 2012 | flag

Having been a patient of Dr. Dong's for over 12 years I feel I can speak with some credibility. I will no longer emply him as my physician. The billing office has a liar in charge or at best an incompetent - beware. Dr. Dong himself seem to be more motivated by greed now than good, measured care of old. I guess it is to pay for his equestrian estate in Oconee County and his children going to private school sand colleges. He diagnosed my wife with something that after a second opinion does not even exist. The parking is terrible, the waits are long as they obviously overbook each day I, my wife and my children have been there. In my opinion his operation which was once the best in now a total sham ment to bilk the insurance companies out of tons of money. Beware Dr. Dong karma will visit you one day.

Submitted Sept. 30, 2011 | flag

First of all the wait time is crazy. I waited for 2 hours thinking maybe this is a sign that he spends a lot of time with his patients. WRONG. He spent a whopping 1 minute with my child. Never bring your children to Dr.Dong. He is rude and he treated my child with disrespect. He acted like I was an idiot, because I didn't know as much about the eye as he did. Some of the staff was okay, but this doctor was horrible. I never leave comments under things like this, but I was so upset after leaving there.

Submitted Aug. 18, 2011 | flag

I highly recomend Dr Dong. My entire family from my Mom who is 78yrs old to all of my 4 grandchildren see him. He has treated my grandaughter from the time she was 2. He has preform eye surgery on her and catarat surgey on my Mother along with many of my firend. His office is clean and comfortable. His staff is kind and courtous and will make sure everything can be done to help you. Dr Dong is very highly respected in the Athens and sorrounding areas.

Submitted Sept. 13, 2010 | flag

This man is perhaps the most unpleasant individual I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. He is rude, inappropriate, inarticulate, aggressive, and cruel. He physically pushed my daughter when she would not sit still enough to have her eyes tested on the first try. He yelled at her, and demanded she "obey" him! This man should not be allowed to interact with anyone, least of all children! She was so terrified of this monster of a man that she actually had nightmares of him pushing her! Please do not subject yourself, your children, or any loved one to this reprehensible "doctor."

Submitted Sept. 8, 2010 | flag

Went in for cataract evaluation after referred by my optometrist. Dr. Dong said the cataracts were not ready to be removed and proved that my vision could be improved with glasses. I appreciated his honesty. I will definitely return to his office when the cataracts are ready to be removed.

Submitted Jan. 27, 2010 | flag