Rate Dr. Jason A. Black

Dr. Jason A. Black's Ratings

I've been coming to Dr. Black for 8 years now. He is the most amazing doctor I have ever had, and I have had to go to a lot of doctors for my health problems. He NEVER talks down to me, is a very good listener, has helped me manage my disease well, and just all in all is wonderful. His staff is always friendly, one of the friendliest front offices I have ever encountered. I love his pA Sharon, she has gone above and beyond for me. My ONLY complaint is he doesn't take IEHP, so I will have to go to another doctor =( I'm hoping he might take my insurance in the future so I can come back to him.

Submitted Sept. 7, 2014 | flag

Staff is rude and it is nearly impossible to schedule an appointment. PA is unprofessional, lacks common sense, and degrading! Dr. Black dismisses your concerns and makes you feel like you are on trial for a referral request, medication refill, questions regarding health concern(s), etc...reasons for going to the doctor! Judgmental and biased - and acts like all patients are the same ( cookie cutter)! Don't waste your time.

Submitted June 18, 2014 | flag

Of all the different doctors that I have seen since I moved to Sun City, He is the best. He has manners and very helpful to his patients. I feel comfortable with him. He knows what he is talking about and make some suggestions. I like him as my doctor and recommend to my family and friends.

Submitted Jan. 27, 2014 | flag

Wow. I am VERY surprised by some of the comments on this site. I found Dr. Black when my last doctor left the state and my insurance changed my PCM at random. During the first visit, I was pleasantly surprised by his open, friendly manner. He asked questions and actually listened to my answers to those questions. Of all the doctors I have had in my lifetime, he truly listens and tries to maintain my wellness, as opposed to simply treating problems as they arise. Since my first visit, I have encouraged my husband and mother to change doctors, and once my son turned 18, he chose Dr. Black as his physician. All three of them are as pleased as I am. After Ms. Merten joined his practice, both my husband and I have seen her on different occasions and we both agree that she is equally as knowledgeable and helpful.

Submitted Dec. 4, 2013 | flag

Have been able to get immediate appointments and responses when needed. Nice, friendly front desk staff. His PA Ms. Mertens is probably who you will see. She is excellent, very straight forward and knowledgeable.

Submitted Feb. 14, 2013 | flag

Dr. Black and his staff do kind of suck- it's a lukewarm situation. I wouldn't say he is terrible- but I also wouldn't say he is good. The experience is just bad enough to make you consider moving doctors without ever pushing you over the edge. Since I don't get sick all that often I haven't switched but think I will soon. The main issue for me is that every time I go in I feel like its more about him than me, like his powers of diagnosis are more important than how I am telling him I feel. I always feel like when I walk out of his office I should not have come in- like I wasnt sick enough to come in. To me he also seems stingy with the meds- makes you feel like you need to go on trial for an antibiotic prescription. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. In my experience he'll give you something and ask you to tell him if you dont start feel better!?! Just treat me right the first time so I dont have to come back! It is hard to find a good Doctor for adults in Murrieta.

Submitted Dec. 12, 2011 | flag

I must say I liked Dr Black. His staff is rude. I went in fot two issues and he only addresed one. When I asked to speak to him about the other I had to make another appointment and yes pay another office visit. I was contacted by the office for a FREE flu shot. I asked again at the office if it was FREE I was assured it was. Now I have a $87.00 bill and the less than helpfull staff advised me to contact the DR's billing department and my insurance company.I like Dr. Black seems to be a great doctor. I feel swindeled. I have asked his office assistant to have the good Dr. call me back regarding the matter.

Submitted Nov. 15, 2011 | flag

Terrible Doctor, staff and manor. Do not use this dishonest person.

Submitted Nov. 12, 2011 | flag

This dr was recommended to me by a coworker and I couldn't be happier. He is very attentive, takes time to listen to my issues and makes sure he answers all questions before leaving the room. Yes, he types on the computer during the appt but he always stops what he's doing to look me in the eye while I'm speaking before he goes back to making his notes. I've seen many, many doctors the last few years due to some health issues and this dr is by far the best I have dealt with. Word of warning though, avoid his PA if at all possible. No bedside manner and I felt very degraded. I left my appt in tears and refuse to be seen by her again.

Submitted Nov. 2, 2011 | flag

I would never suggest this Dr or his staff!! His staff is rude and the Dr is corrupt. Find some other Dr if you want good treatment! Trust me I should know. I trusted him for far to long only to find out what kind of person he really is. Run I tell You run!!!

Submitted Oct. 26, 2011 | flag